Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 6:12pm

Style: intuitive striker

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Darley's Cardio Boxing is located on 1377 Monteuxe st. 2 blocks down from Avenue Papineau, it is next to a book store called 'Le Book'. hours are between 8 am to 6 pm mondays to fridays, although Darley live above the school and can usually be found training at the school or mediating if you have any questions that need answering.

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 6:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh is it now?

resident sick ****

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 6:17pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckyokushin
    Oh is it now?
    This doesn't sound good.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 6:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you guys are fools just go check it out. Darley will be there and answer any questions you want, fools! ahhaa then i will spar any of you, spared dead! ahah

Spikey Weight

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 6:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Gracie-Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the address and the info. I had no idea that cardio boxing had such a rich history. I will try doing the breathing method.

Wouldn't straight up boxing just be better? Because then you don't have to think about syncing up your blood for maximum power you just punch really really hard and hopefully your muscles are strong enough to break through his cross block or whatever kind of blocking they do. Do you use cross blocks in cardio? I am guessing that if you do cardio boxing you probably do not need to block. How does that work?
    I'm not skinny I just have a lot of sharp points that pay off. Especially during any choke using the forearm.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 6:43pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnosis
    your question is misleading, its not 'cheaper' or 'streamlined to attract customers' its streamlined to KICK ASS ahah, you think you do ju-jitsu noob? your doing internation taekwondo crappling and you think your a tough guy, come down to montreal and i will show you how to box cardio style, without which you would not have know a real contest of martial vigor.

Ignoring the apparent stupidity

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you do some sort of full contact style called "cardio boxing"

NOW - THAT ASSUMED

BY CONICIDENCE

There is a world-wide "cardio-boxing" movement that is NOT a full contact style, but a no-contact calethenics.

It is YOUR INSTRUCTOR'S FAULT he chose a name for your style that was/was going to be used for something stupid.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 6:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    Ignoring the apparent stupidity

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you do some sort of full contact style called "cardio boxing"

NOW - THAT ASSUMED

BY CONICIDENCE

There is a world-wide "cardio-boxing" movement that is NOT a full contact style, but a no-contact calethenics.

It is YOUR INSTRUCTOR'S FAULT he chose a name for your style that was/was going to be used for something stupid.
    my instructor has used that name since before this tae-bo fad **** started, if everyone started to do bjj and made it into **** would you all say that you do 'rio de jeanaro gracie family ground control techniques' no so im not going to start saying i do anything but what i do, because my instructor Darley Arabian did it before anyone else and we and everyone at my school does not care about what people think of our names, we care about developing our training.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 6:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideburnt
    Thanks for the address and the info. I had no idea that cardio boxing had such a rich history. I will try doing the breathing method.

Wouldn't straight up boxing just be better? Because then you don't have to think about syncing up your blood for maximum power you just punch really really hard and hopefully your muscles are strong enough to break through his cross block or whatever kind of blocking they do. Do you use cross blocks in cardio? I am guessing that if you do cardio boxing you probably do not need to block. How does that work?
    why just depend on strength when you could put the whole force of your body into it with the whole body working together instead of just swining arms? much more power, harder to master though, but while you train cardio boxing, you learn standard boxing techniques and practices...Darley's boxing method is about fast ins and outs and quick powerful combos, more emphasis on self defense, but it is applicable to the ring, there is slipping ducking bobbing weaving etc, all the motions of the body, but little to know blocking other than parying, the emphasis is on quick attacks and seeing the openings of the attacker, if you have time to block you have time to parry and create a more advantageous opening.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 7:48pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnosis
    my instructor has used that name since before this tae-bo fad **** started, if everyone started to do bjj and made it into **** would you all say that you do 'rio de jeanaro gracie family ground control techniques' no so im not going to start saying i do anything but what i do, because my instructor Darley Arabian did it before anyone else and we and everyone at my school does not care about what people think of our names, we care about developing our training.
    Well, first off, if that happened, the practitioners of BJJ would defend their name, dennounce the activity, and defend their service and trademarks

Second: You need to STOP GOING OFF ON PEOPLE about "cardio boxing" and "Cardio aerobics" without first making it clear to them you are talking about something DIFFERENT then what they are going to get if they go to their local gym and sign up for it.

Think about it

You say "CARDIO BOXING WE PUNCH HARDEST" and send someone to take a boxerobic class at their local gym - they think "wow that guy is full of ****"

It's not good for them - wastes their time and money
    it's not good for you - hurts your credibilty
    it's not good for your art - makes it seem like you do something you don't
    So chill the **** out, man.

It sounds like your guy teaches boxing, anyway, and he just put "cardio" in the name out of some sort of engrish mishap.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 7:51pm

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cardio boxing is still full of ****. Sounds like William C.C. Chen Tai chi boxing to me. Good for hippies.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast