Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Spikey Weight

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 5:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Gracie-Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am interested in the differences between the two boxing styles. so cardio boxing is like yoga for strikers. I do not know how to do yoga, and I don't really know how to focus blood, is that a breathing excercise? Since there is a cardio prefix I was wondering what types of endurance excercises cardio boxers work on. Are they things I could do at home or are they things I would have to do at a cardio boxing gym?

I never used the phrase non-functional art, I am asking questions because I honestly want to know what you have to say...well pretty much honestly anway. You seem like a fairly aggressive advocate of the form so i assumed you would be the most willing to answer my questions. Thanks for the responses. Keep'em coming and I will think up some new questions. Also where is Montreal?
    I'm not skinny I just have a lot of sharp points that pay off. Especially during any choke using the forearm.

Spikey Weight

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 5:31pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So cardio boxing uses the science of chi to focus blood? Or am I just retarded. How does one use cardio boxing to focus blood and how does focusing your blood equal stronger punching power?
    I'm not skinny I just have a lot of sharp points that pay off. Especially during any choke using the forearm.

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 5:31pm

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideburnt
    I am interested in the differences between the two boxing styles. so cardio boxing is like yoga for strikers. I do not know how to do yoga, and I don't really know how to focus blood, is that a breathing excercise? Since there is a cardio prefix I was wondering what types of endurance excercises cardio boxers work on. Are they things I could do at home or are they things I would have to do at a cardio boxing gym?

I never used the phrase non-functional art, I am asking questions because I honestly want to know what you have to say...well pretty much honestly anway. You seem like a fairly aggressive advocate of the form so i assumed you would be the most willing to answer my questions. Thanks for the responses. Keep'em coming and I will think up some new questions. Also where is Montreal?

He is playing you, he does not give a **** about your questions. he has gone into full on troll mode. He will shortly burn up on re-entry.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 5:33pm

Style: intuitive striker

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wagamichi
    Montreal is in a land far away that is known historicaly for its warrior class. Some of the worlds greatest fighting men have hailed from this great land...'

*Wakes up* and realizes it was just a funny dream.
    when George St. Pierre is champion title belt holder you will eat your words and Montreal will be known as where the true martial combatants come from ahaha i cannot wait to envision the look on your face...ahahahah matt hughes does not stand a chance against St. Pierre, we call him 'le garcon' which means 'the man' there is a reason for the respect he is given, although people dont run around asking him to sign autographs like in American states, we have respect in Montreal.

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 5:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnosis
    when George St. Pierre is champion title belt holder you will eat your words and Montreal will be known as where the true martial combatants come from ahaha i cannot wait to envision the look on your face...ahahahah matt hughes does not stand a chance against St. Pierre, we call him 'le garcon' which means 'the man' there is a reason for the respect he is given, although people dont run around asking him to sign autographs like in American states, we have respect in Montreal.

I said warriors **** face. I am glad that my country can protect your french speaking asses. **** you! your a kid and I hate you. Everyone here hates you. Your mother left your father becaus of you, and you should kill your self because you will never amount to anything, nor will you find someone who will ever love a person like you.

Spikey Weight

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 5:42pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I still wanna know where montreal is. I wrote a haiku for ya!

Cardio Boxing
    Focus Blood to power punch
    Dance to Deathmetal

A haiku is like a poem only it usually doesn't rhyme and is based on a syllabul count.
    What school do you go to? I would like to check it out online. Then I can use google maps to figure out where this Montreal is.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 5:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So cardio boxing uses the science of chi to focus blood? Or am I just retarded. How does one use cardio boxing to focus blood and how does focusing your blood equal stronger punching power?
    chi? no...not some concept or mysticism, breathing in a calm deep manner results in the reduction of blood pressure, meaning that it can flow easier to the appendages, and hence power the muscles with more oxygen when needed, you learn techniques to sync your breathing with a certain number of heart beats, at first it is conscious and then unconscious, your beats eventually go 8 on inhale, 9 on exhale, one extra so that the exhale is slightly longer, because exhaling lowers heart rate and blood pressure.

try inhaling and measure your heartbeat with your forefinger, then exhale and do the same, then you will see the mild difference, then think of that on a larger scale and how it can be used in a combative sense, when in combat your breathe still goes inhale 8 beats exhale 9 but changes with the amount of heart beats per minute. hence at 64 beats a minute (below average resting level) you will breath in 8 (8 beats per inhale) times and exhale 7 (9 beats per exhale) of course it is not always exact so you give or take a few breaths, but eventually it becomes in sync enough that you will always be delivery efficient power from exhaling correctly and sufficient energy through proper blood flow.

in the beginning the inhale beat ratio to exhale beat ratio is more like 4 to 6, but eventually you get the deeper breaths and are able to keep them deep even in a fully active state with your heart at 130 bpm

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 5:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cardio Boxing
    Focus Blood to power punch
    Dance to Deathmetal

If i were going to strike you down, and you spontaineously said that, i would cry and we would drink saki.

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 5:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnosis
    chi? no...not some concept or mysticism, breathing in a calm deep manner results in the reduction of blood pressure, meaning that it can flow easier to the appendages, and hence power the muscles with more oxygen when needed, you learn techniques to sync your breathing with a certain number of heart beats, at first it is conscious and then unconscious, your beats eventually go 8 on inhale, 9 on exhale, one extra so that the exhale is slightly longer, because exhaling lowers heart rate and blood pressure.

try inhaling and measure your heartbeat with your forefinger, then exhale and do the same, then you will see the mild difference, then think of that on a larger scale and how it can be used in a combative sense, when in combat your breathe still goes inhale 8 beats exhale 9 but changes with the amount of heart beats per minute. hence at 64 beats a minute (below average resting level) you will breath in 8 (8 beats per inhale) times and exhale 7 (9 beats per exhale) of course it is not always exact so you give or take a few breaths, but eventually it becomes in sync enough that you will always be delivery efficient power from exhaling correctly and sufficient energy through proper blood flow.

in the beginning the inhale beat ratio to exhale beat ratio is more like 4 to 6, but eventually you get the deeper breaths and are able to keep them deep even in a fully active state with your heart at 130 bpm

I am a cardio boxr and i am a retard.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 6:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    my instructors story and history of cardio boxing...

" Darley Arabian is named after a famous horse, and his family were Indian nobles who lived at a british consulate in Syria, his family had to move to canada after ww2 because of the tensions that began in the region at the time, he was exposed to hindu culture as a child and was taught yoga by a famous guru at the indian consulate, he was however swayed by the Canadian culture and he enjoyed the lights and atmosphere of Montreal and has been living here ever since his family arrived when he was aged 3 in 1940. at age 16 he bega leaving the consulate alone and being exposed to our culture more and more, eventually he persuaded his parents to let him do boxing, he trained and competed a number of times but felt that he was too small and lacked power, at age 23 he travelled to India, he had never been there before and felt it was a spiritual catharsis, when he returned back to Montreal at 29 he had recieved training in a number of eastern martial traditions, and decided that boxing as he remembered it and saw it was a system that he could base his martial understandings around because it was efficient and to the point, and with the changes going on in the 1960's he decided that he had the creative freedom to pursue his new system. Darley Boxing and Yoga originally started out being taught mostly to the small Indian community for self defense, It is widley known and accepted in Montreal that Darley boxers are very powerful, many famous boxers in the 60's and 70's had bouts with them, often they broke even, but these bouts were without weight classes, pitting small Indians of possibly 120-140 pounds against boxers weighing sometimes 230 pounds. In the 1980's Darley travelled to France to popularize his art, fighting many bouts. Returning in the late 90's he re-opened his school under the name 'Darley's cardio boxing'. Although now well into his 60's Darley mostly instructs classes and does workouts but does not spar or compete with students or boxers and martial competitors from other schools, although he is known for breaking open heavy bags and being able to skip for 21 minutes without break. Darley plans to continue instructing until he dies, a famous aphorism of Darley's is 'coordinate the body to the breath and feel light as the air, power as the wind, and infinite as the sky'."

I have been doing cardio boxing now for 4 years and i can tell you i have had many encounters with many martial artists and boxers and have faired well with most of them, i will try to arrange for videos to be posted so that you can see. best though for you if you came by our school.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast