Spikey Weight

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 4:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Gracie-Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Has Hwarangdo always done grappling?

So the ancient art of H-wang does grappling now. Did they always do that? What are their techniques based on? I know someone who has been doing H-Wang for four years and they just started doing grappling classes and I was always told that H-wang always had grappling techniques. If that were true why did they just start doing them in the past year or so?

Said person also picked up the new book, "Defend, Takedown, Submit" To me it looks like Hwa Rang Do crappling IS the C-lock, because everything is C-lock or L-lock or random letter lock.

Anyone know if Joo Bang Lee is making up more stuff and calling it H-wang?
    I'm not skinny I just have a lot of sharp points that pay off. Especially during any choke using the forearm.

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 4:42pm

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Trolling?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 4:47pm

Style: intuitive striker

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideburnt
    So the ancient art of H-wang does grappling now. Did they always do that? What are their techniques based on? I know someone who has been doing H-Wang for four years and they just started doing grappling classes and I was always told that H-wang always had grappling techniques. If that were true why did they just start doing them in the past year or so?

Said person also picked up the new book, "Defend, Takedown, Submit" To me it looks like Hwa Rang Do crappling IS the C-lock, because everything is C-lock or L-lock or random letter lock.

Anyone know if Joo Bang Lee is making up more stuff and calling it H-wang?
    its definitely been added on after, i used to do lots of crappling, I WOULD KNOW, so if your looking for a real combat science you should look into cardio boxing, and quite wasting your type whinning about whether a system is lying to you or not, if you do it you will know, its pretty simple, dont trust there books either, one cardio boxing class and you will know EXACTLY what i mean

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 4:48pm

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnosis
    its definitely been added on after, i used to do lots of crappling, I WOULD KNOW, so if your looking for a real combat science you should look into cardio boxing, and quite wasting your type whinning about whether a system is lying to you or not, if you do it you will know, its pretty simple, dont trust there books either, one cardio boxing class and you will know EXACTLY what i mean

What the **** is with you and cardio-boxing?

Spikey Weight

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 4:52pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    cardio boxing? Are you being sarcastic? i was not interested in joing Hwarangdo I just wondered if they already did grappling. I may have a bias against hwang but whatever. You have given me a new purpose though. Now I will try to find all the secret lies that the world of cardio boxing is trying to keep hidden

mea culpa but I just don't understand why you suggested that.
    I'm not skinny I just have a lot of sharp points that pay off. Especially during any choke using the forearm.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 4:56pm

Style: intuitive striker

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    cardio boxing? Are you being sarcastic? i was not interested in joing Hwarangdo I just wondered if they already did grappling. I may have a bias against hwang but whatever. You have given me a new purpose though. Now I will try to find all the secret lies that the world of cardio boxing is trying to keep hidden

mea culpa but I just don't understand why you suggested that.
    cardio boxing has no 'lies' it is a simple and to the point system of striking similiar to that found in regular boxing and other martial sciences only streamlined for efficiency and able to give much more endurance and fluidity to techniques because of the emphasis on hard cardiovascular based endurance activities which revolve around striking, that way one learns to hit hard and incredibly fast. it also involves relaxation techniques and breathing excercises so that the beating of the heart moves in accordance with the breath to bring more power to techniques and a feeling of ease with execution. you dont have to believe me JUST GO TRY IT cardio boxing does not fail.

Spikey Weight

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 5:00pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I will go try a cardio boxing class if I can go somewhere for free, but why not just learn boxing? I guess I just don't understand the expanded moniker in terms of what it means. Wouldn't "regular boxing" be good enough.

However to stay on topic

Why did you click on this link if you are on a cardio boxing kick? What type of thought pooped into your head to say "cardio kickboxing is the way to go!" I just wanted to know if they always did grappling or not.I apreciate your input, so i will make a different post about boxing versus cardio boxing

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 5:24pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So the ancient art of H-wang does grappling now. Did they always do that?
    As far as I'm concerned they have yet to start.

Spikey Weight

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 6:42pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well played

(you have to read that with a Sean Connery accent)

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    4/10/2006 2:15pm

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well, if you condense the 2000 year illustrious history of hwarang do done to the actual timeline of 40 years, and then consider that they have just started grappling, yes they have been doing grappling for approximately 500 years. They have just been teaching the really old skewl stuff prior to this.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast