Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

('._.)

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 1:11pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread is turning into exactly the same arguement that a thread I recently made got into: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32726

Being Sublime Daily

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 1:26pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    remember the first time I did any sort of full-contact sparring at the very first Throwdown I was wearing a face cage. Emevas punched me square in the jaw. It should have knocked me out but instead it bloodied up his finger where it nicked the cage.

Please RougeSamurai and KnightMare, go elbow a metal cage and figure out what happens to your elbow. After the laceration heals go elbow it again and tell me you don't feel the effects of the plavovian conditioning. Negative punnishment is a bad way to reinforce good striking habits.

MMA sparring is about controled ownage. That does not mean ground and pounding the **** out of your training partner with full contact.

('._.)

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 2:08pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually do agree with you in a way Bud Shi Dist, MMA sparring can never be realistic. However, I have tried sparring with a face cage and all that and it was really fun and almost felt like a real fight. Its the closest thing you can come to actually fighting in a MMA.

Being Sublime Daily

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 2:28pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sparring is not supposed to be realistic, it's supposed to be alive. Realistic is getting your face pounded in and sliced open.

Face cages are a bad idea. I don't feel like explaining all of the reasons here, the topic has already been done to death.

The bottom line is that the pro fighters I know don't train with them for good reasons. You and KM are going to have a hard time convincing me of their merit.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 3:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Has anyone ever tried sparring with headgear they use in Daido Juko, they look similar to Sapce Helmets.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 3:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Shi Dist
    remember the first time I did any sort of full-contact sparring at the very first Throwdown I was wearing a face cage. Emevas punched me square in the jaw. It should have knocked me out but instead it bloodied up his finger where it nicked the cage.
    Ironically enough, the only reason I punched you that hard was because you were wearing the face cage. Everyone else might hate them, but I love them because I can hit my sparring partner full force without guilt =P
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 4:08pm

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We do a lot of different types of sparring.
    Boxing, muay thai, striking with takedowns, pure grappling, grappling with strikes. And obviously full MMA/vale tudo (generally with slayer-type gloves).

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 5:19pm

Style: Kickboxing/Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Shi Dist

Please RougeSamurai and KnightMare, go elbow a metal cage and figure out what happens to your elbow. After the laceration heals go elbow it again and tell me you don't feel the effects of the plavovian conditioning. Negative punnishment is a bad way to reinforce good striking habits.

MMA sparring is about controled ownage. That does not mean ground and pounding the **** out of your training partner with full contact.
    Im just saying don't talk in context that you're an actual fighter, because you're far from it.

And if you want to talk teams I train with multiple world kickboxing champs, former k-1 fighter(s), veteran ISCF fighters and number one contenders, golden gloves champs, etc etc but it doesn't mean I know my ****. They won the titles, not you or I so don't use them to justify you're reasons.

Being Sublime Daily

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 6:01pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare
    Im just saying don't talk in context that you're an actual fighter, because you're far from it.
    Whatever dumbshit, go **** yourself

And if you want to talk teams I train with multiple world kickboxing champs, former k-1 fighter(s), and number one contenders, golden gloves champs, etc etc
    This is talking about MMA, not kickboxing.

veteran ISCF fighters
    Amateurs in other word. So you have trained MMA with these guys? Tell me which Fighter advocated sparring with face cages and full contact strikes on the ground.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 6:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the guys at our gym do basically muay thai sparring with all takedowns allowed, grappling with strikes while wearing 8oz MMA sparring gloves, and full MMA rules sparring (though this seems to be much less frequent than the other sparring).
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12