Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2006 3:30am

Style: Liu Seong Kuntao, Baguazh

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DON'T SH*T ME !
    How the hell does one 'rediscover' something that has been dead for 50+ generations?Is he a time traveler or has he been doing hypnotically induced past life regressions to rediscover his days as a Roman gladiator?
    :bsflag:
    Oh hold on, Clugston's research reaches back much further than 50 generations based on a generation being 25 to 30 years or so. He's going back at least 1800 years. Hows that for impossibly deep research.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2006 9:04am

Style: FMA, JuJitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I should create a system based on rediscovered neolithic martial arts. Better yet, paleolithic. I could base it on FMA stick fighting, add in the use of the Atlatl (if I could figure out how to hit a target with it). Maybe some grappling and basic puching and kicking. The training uniform would be bearskins. Some sort of animism based spirtuality bs. I could claim to have trained with the bushmen of the Kalihari, or some obsure tribe in the Amazon or Indonisia. It could be marketed as a "return to basics" martial art, and therefore inheritly superior to modern "derivitives." Can't think of a name though.

Posted On:
    4/10/2006 9:47am

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have found secret documents showing a far superior art called tyranasaur-fu. it involves a lot of stomping and growling. not to mention little arm waving.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/07/2006 12:10pm

Style: Muay Thai, ,MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually know Chris Clugston. He had 2 kickboxing fights here in Tulsa, OK in the past year or 2 and lost them both. He's basically a big joke down here. He's nearly like Ashida Kim, hence he throws out challenges on the local fight board. okfightnews.com (he is SOK if someone wants to really bash him). Basically, he challenges people ffrom Oklahoma to fight him but they have to travel to Thailand or Spain (he says he resides now in those 2 countries) but regularly travels to Tulsa, but won't take a fight here.

Could someone do me a huge favor and host that vid on youtube or something? I'm on a work comp and the damn filter won't let me view it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/07/2006 1:00pm

Style: Muay Thai , BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DON'T SH*T ME !
    How the hell does one 'rediscover' something that has been dead for 50+ generations?Is he a time traveler or has he been doing hypnotically induced past life regressions to rediscover his days as a Roman gladiator?
    He is the buddha of his art apparently.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/07/2006 3:04pm

Style: looking for new style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am on the verge of rediscovering an ancient martial art from Atlantis. Rumour has it that it was so awesome that Atlantis sunk because of the sheer magnitude of its awesomeness.

Yep this guy is full of bullpoop. There is no way you can 'rediscover' a martial art from 2,000 years ago unless you have some kind of books or pictorial evidence, and even then you'd have to fill in loads of blanks with your own knowledge, which hardly makes the martial art ancient. Besides, in it's day it's techniques were probably little different from the techniques in other martial arts.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123