4/08/2006 11:59am

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And yet no clip to view.

No pitures to gander at.

No tournament info.

Neither is there any info on base of knowledge(Like where the Hell did it sproung up from)

Who is his instructor.

and yet I can't find any answers.All I know is that its Mega-esy to use.
    Last edited by CanucKyokushin; 4/08/2006 12:01pm at .

Posted On:
    4/08/2006 3:29pm

Style: Judo - Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's "origin" is complete crap. Like I stated earlier, anyone with a knowledge of Roman history is gonna throw up the BS flag. First off, gladiators, contrary to popular belief, DID NOT fight to the death every fight. Often what they did was more in line with modern "pro wreslting" than anything (if they killed each other every time, they'd run out of gladiators REAL quick). Second, why the hell would the Romans use the "barbaric" name? Oh wait, they wouldn't. Finally the name of the style Comhrac Bas is a literal translation. Given the complex nature of Gaelic Grammar rules, it most likely would NOT be "fighting death" as this guy states. Also along those lines, the term Comhrac Bas is a modern Irish Gaelic term and the Romans had little to no contact with the Irish (at least enough to capture several, transport them to Rome, learn their fighting style, and then teach it to the other gladiators).

:bssign:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 4:54pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckyokushin
    And yet no clip to view.

No pitures to gander at.

No tournament info.

Neither is there any info on base of knowledge(Like where the Hell did it sproung up from)

Who is his instructor.

and yet I can't find any answers.All I know is that its Mega-esy to use.

OF COURSE there are no picuters, how can you as a leathal streetfighter for pictures? are you INSANE?

I mean just read how badass he is; (http://www.milestonesafety.com/glfi.html)

"Chris Clugston has been a student of martial arts all of his life, in fact by the age of 20 he had already earned five black belts in five different martial arts. Chris went to the trouble of learning 7 different languages so that he could travel the world in search of the "Holy Grail" of fighting styles.

He also won over 50 vicious, no-rules streetfights during this time. This is how he realized how stupid it is to master any martial art style that has rules (no kicking in boxing, no strangling in wrestling, no head-punches in karate… and ridiculous time-limits in all of them!). The real world of streetfighting has no rules!"

sigh.

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 5:03pm

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mneme
    "He also won over 50 vicious, no-rules streetfights during this time.

What kind of asswipe getts in 50 fights? He must have a severe personality dissorder to not get along with that many people that they become "vicious" with him.

Why does he not have a record, or still doing time? Get locked up for battery that many times it usualy becomes a felony. You cant get in 50 vicious street fights using the deadly **** and not go to jail.

Spikey Weight

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 5:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Gracie-Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Death fighting as a re-discovered fighting style seems a little odd. That Blayshalla site is pretty scary though.

When people attach phrases like "ancient" or talk about how in the past fighting was so much more refined than it is today they are being salesmen. If something doesn't evolve it dies out for a reason, because it has lost its ability to maintain itself and it is made obsolete by either new ways to fight or fighting styles that do evolve. They are targeting people who need to feel different or special, then they make money off of them.

Maybe I should re-discover an ancient martial art...
    I'm not skinny I just have a lot of sharp points that pay off. Especially during any choke using the forearm.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 5:13pm

Style: intuitive striker

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wagamichi
    What kind of asswipe getts in 50 fights? He must have a severe personality dissorder to not get along with that many people that they become "vicious" with him.

Why does he not have a record, or still doing time? Get locked up for battery that many times it usualy becomes a felony. You cant get in 50 vicious street fights using the deadly **** and not go to jail.
    ahaha sure thing they dont teach you that in GAYPO do they? you have never fought on the street or against a cardo boxing combatant so you WOULD NOT KNOW ABOUT STREET FIGHT OR FIGHTING IN GENERAL IN THE RING OR OUTSIDE OF IT ON THE STREET!

Spikey Weight

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 5:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Gracie-Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gnosis I made a thread for you!! Go tell me about cardio boxing in it, its in the "your martial arts sucks" part of the forum. Hurry up!
    I'm not skinny I just have a lot of sharp points that pay off. Especially during any choke using the forearm.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 5:20pm

Style: intuitive striker

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideburnt
    Gnosis I made a thread for you!! Go tell me about cardio boxing in it, its in the "your martial arts sucks" part of the forum. Hurry up!
    try to slag my art or something ahaha wont ever work if you dont fight you cant prove anything with words!

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 5:30pm

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gnosis reminds be of that hapkidomaster ****. he wont be around long.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2006 3:25am

Style: Liu Seong Kuntao, Baguazh

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anybody that claims to have resurrected a "lost" fighting art from ancient times ahs got to be full of ****. We've seen a lot of them here; hakuda, pankration, hrafns vegr, nagondzog, capuan boxing / pammachon. There are a lot of people out there that apparently seem to feel that a JKD (or any other art) certicate isn't enough to market their skills and shoot them into the spotlight, so they read obscure books and invent the resurrection of an ancient warrior art. It's so much easier to be a fabricator than an innovator. It's pretty sad when you think about it. The people doing this must have some serious with self esteem issues to take such actions to be seen as "special".

TRS has a long list of people like that in their stable.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast