Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

BJJ

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/13/2006 12:05pm

Style: mixed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    there was this guy that we recently kicked out, Brent Browning. watch out for this guy if you live in texas/california.

he lied to us saying that he was a pro fighter. ************ has a damn Brazilian flag tatooed on his calf. he doesn't even know BJJ, and he sits there and tries to coach it.
    he is a pathological lier, but not a very good one. there is a vid on youtube in which he is teaching crappling to some new girl at our school.
    im glad the school owner kicked his dumb ass out of the school.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class

Posted On:
    4/13/2006 1:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by broken fingers
    there was this guy that we recently kicked out, Brent Browning. watch out for this guy if you live in texas/california.

he lied to us saying that he was a pro fighter. ************ has a damn Brazilian flag tatooed on his calf. he doesn't even know BJJ, and he sits there and tries to coach it.
    he is a pathological lier, but not a very good one. there is a vid on youtube in which he is teaching crappling to some new girl at our school.
    im glad the school owner kicked his dumb ass out of the school.
    link to video?

Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/13/2006 1:16pm

Style: JJ of the B variety

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jackal
    Hello all. Haven't been around for a while, turns out bullshido takes up a bit more time than i can afford if i wanna pass my degree. I thought I'd see what people think about a query I've had for a while now. We all know there's plenty of **** teachers out there, ESPECIALLY in TMA, but what i wanna know is about BJJ...

What are people's experience with BJJ instructors relating to their competence in the art and as teachers?
    I have had experience with two instructors. The first one was very good, but never drilled techniques. He wasn't very enthusiastic about teaching and was strictly no gi. His class was all rolling (starting from the knees) and it was always balls to the wall. You were hurting after every class. It was pretty sloppy.

The second one is a purple belt under Renzo Gracie. Half the class is divided between drilling takedowns, drilling techniques, and drilling situations. The rest of the class is rolling, but starting from stand-up. This class is strictly gi. I prefer the second one because I like learning technique rather than just going all out and picking up sloppy techinique that relies on out muscling the other guy.

Both guys are legit, I just prefer the structure I get with the second one.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class1 year registered25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/13/2006 1:23pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Da SHreDdA
    have a list for each state? because u have to click on each link to see where they teach
    Try http://bjj.org/academies/ ... google can do the trick as well.

I had nothing but praise for my former BJJ instructor (Pablo Popovitch). It's a bit beyond my $$$ ability, but the Popovitch's school is excellent. I'm not aware of any other school in South Florida that has so many BJJ classes available in the morning and at night almost 6 days of the week. They are fucking cool IMO.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    4/13/2006 1:34pm

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I train under a carlson gracie brown belt. Its the best martial instruction I've ever had. We work hard and host local shows so fighters have a place to fight. Our instructor actually spent years petitioning the city to allow MMA fights. We are just about to host our second MMA event in May. Plus we've had times when we got to train with carlson, carlson jr, and stephen bonner (I'm still ticked I missed training with him). The guys who train at our club are some of the coolest guys I've ever met.

I'm a little guy on the totem pole, I'm just now starting to understand the basics and not just get wrecked every night. I love training there and can't wait until I feel i've reached the point where i'm ready to take a fight.

Titanium laced beauty

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second ClassCreated Album pictures25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Posted On:
    4/13/2006 1:50pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In five years of training, I've had nothing but positive experiences with my instructor William Vandry, a second degree BB, and his instructor, Carlos Machado.
    Shut the hell up and train.

The r34l Drunken Jiu Jitsu

Posted On:
    4/13/2006 2:53pm

supporting member
     Style: _razilian _iu _itsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm currently at Boston BJJ and have nothing but good reviews. Roberto (the owner) is great, and is pretty dedicated to the students. The higher belts are all good teachers/fighters as well.
    :google:

Number of bottles of beer downed by me and my girlfriend within a half hour while playing the Channel 7 "how many times will they say 'snow' game" during the "Blizzard of '06": 3.5 each.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12