Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    4/11/2006 11:00am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuma-Gorath
    I bought mine since I figured you could hold the long end along your arm to block and then punch with the protruding short end, but I haven't practiced this to any significant extent. It's also designed to KO someone but will not crack the skull with repeated blows.

Are you referring to your Tonfa or Retractable Baton? Does you Baton extend into a straight stick or into a tonfa-like Baton?

I mean a tonfa isn't very practical to carry? Kinda big isn't it? Police officers don't conceal theirs, I assume you do?
    Last edited by Plasma; 4/11/2006 11:02am at .

Posted On:
    4/11/2006 11:17am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KageKaze
    Are you referring to your Tonfa or Retractable Baton? Does you Baton extend into a straight stick or into a tonfa-like Baton?

I mean a tonfa isn't very practical to carry? Kinda big isn't it? Police officers don't conceal theirs, I assume you do?
    Both of them stay at home. The tonfa is a solid wood/plastic piece whereas the baton is extendable steel.

The tonfa would, if I ever needed to carry it, hang inside a medium-length coat easily. The baton is easily concealable but I don't carry it with me day-to-day. If I really wanted to carry something I have a one-handed folding knife but I mostly use that as a letter opener; I don't currently need to shank anybody.

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    4/11/2006 11:22am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GIJoe6186
    well despite legal issues, I want to learn and use a baton. Baton/kinife/baseball bat now those are American weapons. No chuks here. Ive heard of using side handle to hold against ur arm and punch but it seems not to good. Seems like it would be awkward.
    Only if you are unfamiliar with the weapon. The "tonfa" is mainly held by the short perpendicular protrusion and used in the way Shuma-Gorath described.

For the record, a single stick baton can be used in the same way, except with less of a leverage advantage with the changed hand positioning.

Although free swings are the preferred type of attack for me, butt end strikes, one handed or two handed have their place.
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Posted On:
    4/11/2006 11:54am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Villain
    BJJ, MT, boxing, etc.
    I wanted you to say "skreamer is rad" so badly... :(
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12