Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 6:54pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not saying the instructor is a good martial arts instructor. My hunch is that the instructor probably sucks.

But from a business/political standpoint I think they did the correct thing. If your market is the British version of a soccer mom splitting the enforcer's cheek open with an elbow when he uses both hands on your belt will only make you lose kids. Especially when it's freaking GKR-style no contact kiddie krotty.

So, basically you're correct. The instructor was a *****. That being said a ***** is what the customers (the parents) probably want.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2006 2:42pm

Style: wah lum kungfu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I say, make them cage fight it. Instructor vs enforcer, winner takes all!!

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    4/12/2006 1:34am

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't even begin to imagine what would happen if someone tried to pull some **** like that on me....I'd say it would start off with telling the room full of kids to sit down against the back wall out of the way and cover their eyes.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2006 5:31am

Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yaaaaay, now there's another two GKR point sparrers who think they can fight now. On one hand i'd like to see them get charged, on the other hand i'd like to see them try it again with a proper dojo.

I reckon these instructors should win some sorta karate kid award, them standing by and doing nothing while a few guys tear their **** up reminds me of mr miyagi.

resident sick ****

Posted On:
    4/12/2006 10:57am

Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Get charged? Are you serious.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    4/14/2006 5:26pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The instructors should have called the police from the start. Then their asses would have been covered. They had trespassers on their premises. They showed discretion by not fighting in the middle of a childrens' class. Whether or not it was a martial arts school, it was not the time or the place. As instructors and school owners, they were responsible and liable for the safety of those children. That is their number one priority in such a situation.

Did they have to sit there and take it up the ass? No.

A violent response would not have been appropriate either.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 2:00am

Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elnyka
    This reminds me of a situation a former dance instructor of mine encountered. He was trained and gave classes at a dance studio associated with the Fred Astaire Dance Academies when he was 18-20 or something like that. After a while, he had a dissagreement with the studio, walked away and opened his own dance studio.

Lo and behold, the old dance studio tried to sue the **** out of him because of a breach in contract. The contract my friend signed had one of those tiny-tinie small prints sections that forbidded him from opening a studio in, like, a 100 miles radious or something. He was a teen so he didn't read the clause (DOH!), and basically he would not be able to teach anywhere in South Florida.

Anyways, to make it short, the old studio couldn't successfully stop him because that would force him to stop making a living (since that was his living)... or so was the legar argument by which he was able to continue doing his dance business thing.
    That's a salient point made there. At least in California, if not most other states, contracts like that are automatically void. Feel free to sign it and then breech it; it's not enforceable. If they try to sue, the case will likely be dismissed and you can sue back for malicious prosecution (if in CA). Any company that has a clause like that smacks of ignorance and unprofessionalism and it should be a huge warning signal. As per the UK... don't know.

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    5/11/2006 4:34am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They could and should civiliy sue them if not pursue criminal actions. Failure to do so merely confirms their *****-hood.

While I do not advocate said "donnybrook," even parents buy into the fantasy their Little Precious is learning t3h d34dly arts--seeing your kid's "karate teachers" utterly humiliated should turn-off a number of them.

--J.D.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2006 6:33pm

Style: Bujinkan Ninjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what a bunch of pussies... not defending their Dojo.By traidition they should have challenged them ... but ofcourse,Karate is now only a sport ...lol :)

nail conditioning

Posted On:
    8/15/2006 7:02pm

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrin
    That's a salient point made there. At least in California, if not most other states, contracts like that are automatically void. Feel free to sign it and then breech it; it's not enforceable. If they try to sue, the case will likely be dismissed and you can sue back for malicious prosecution (if in CA). Any company that has a clause like that smacks of ignorance and unprofessionalism and it should be a huge warning signal. As per the UK... don't know.

From what little I know of UK contract law, it's the same deal. Clauses like that are deemed 'unreasonable' and therefore unenforceable.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast