222282 Bullies, 3988 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

View Poll Results: What choo you carry mang?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Strictly Fistacuffs Baby... I don't need a stinkin' weapon

30 41.67%
  • One knife, I like it simple

15 20.83%
  • Multiple knives, one is for kids!

6 8.33%
  • Got's me a firearm baby

6 8.33%
  • Why carry one when you can have both... gun & knife is the way

9 12.50%
  • Kubaton Keychain Keeeya!

0 0%
  • Other - Please tell

6 8.33%
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12131415 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2006 1:36pm

Style: Enshin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Japuma630
    You're dumbass with shitty knives. Congrats.

"Product Description:
    Constructed of one piece 420 J2 stainless steel. 2.38 in. blade. Overall length of 7.25 in. Impact resistant nylon sheath holds all three throwers and includes a fully adjustable shoulder harness.

Three one-piece, 420 stainless steel throwing knives in an impact-resistant nylon sheath with fully adjustable shoulder harness. Can also be worn on belt."

We don't need to listen to you. We did before and you allready proved to be a jackass.
    When I can get the cash moneys to buy better equipment I will.

Edit: But, hell. Like anything I say over the lowly internets would have any effect on you guys. I'd need to show up at a throwdown just to be listened to around here.

Although instead of trying to rape me over the internet you could try educating me on the higher levels of weaponry.
    Last edited by Wataru Akiyama; 4/10/2006 2:16pm at .

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    4/10/2006 2:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We might if you weren't pretty much a lost cause.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2006 2:34pm

Style: Enshin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greese
    Not really. I just pretend to be to keep 4chan people from finding me.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    4/10/2006 2:43pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You want to be educated? Well you bought is trash, 420/440 Stainless steel for the blade is crap.

AUS 6M/8A Stainless Steel is very good for blades.

You sir should be banned from the armory.
    Last edited by Plasma; 4/10/2006 2:54pm at .

Your RBSD Cannot Save You Now.

Posted On:
    4/10/2006 3:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Spanish Rapier/Epee/Foil

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greese
    Sides, he's got a purty mouth.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    4/10/2006 3:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If there's a knife steel debate starting, might as well start a new topic. It'll go on for 20 more pages.

Wataru, if you're serious, you don't have to spend a fortune to get good knives. Off the top of my head, Google these phrases and names and get back to us. Each is going to give you information on solid, capable knives that don't cost tons of money.

"Spyderco" Spyderco is all you need to know. They started the one-hand opening trend and the pocket clip that's now on almost every production folding knife offered. They use great steel. Their knives are ergonomic, tough, smooth, and wonderfully engineered. Sal Glesser is a genius and an honest man. And they sell their knives for low prices. A $40 Spyderco Native is the equal of knives costing three times as much.

"Columbia River Knife and Tool" or "CRKT" is good stuff for cheap prices. They use pretty good steels and offer many licensed versions of custom designs by people like Kit Carson and Brian Tighe.

On the other hand, here are some words to avoid. If you see these words, RUN:
    "Bud K Worldwide"
    "United Cutlery"
    "Gil Hibben" (he was a very good custom maker, but he licenses his name for utter junk.)

Also, anything marked "Pakistan" is junk. "China" or "Taiwan" is probably junk, but Taiwan especially is improving and several reputable companies make knives there now. And anything marked simply "Stainless Steel," "Surgical Steel," or "Rostfrei" is probably crap, along with anything modern marked with a famous knifemaking city like Sheffield, Toledo, Solingen or the like. Those cities are no longer bladesmith centers and are now more likely to be making forks and dishwasher fittings.

Now, seriously, if all you want to do is put something on the wall, J stainless steels are fine. (This is the same stuff often marked "Surgical Stainless" or "Surgical Steel."
    Similarly, if all you need is a shank with which to gank people, bad steel is not a big deal. You don't really need to hold an edge in that situation, and you're not going to be crossing swords like Duncan Macleod, so if it will take a sharp edge, it's probably good enough. But if you're going to open packages and cut up your snacks, like I do, you're going to appreciate good steel. I bring my carry knives to a "hair popping" edge, meaning I can shave my arm and watch the hairs pop up off the edge. This gives me mangy-looking arms, but it also means that I need good edge-holding abilities for that edge to last any time at all.

Your J2 steel could take an edge close to that sharp, but it would not hold it. That stuff can barely be hardened, much less tempered. It makes fantastic playground equipment and refrigerator doors, which is why they make so MUCH of it, which is why it's dirt cheap and easy to get, which is why the Pakistani sweatshops use so much of it.

Your RBSD Cannot Save You Now.

Posted On:
    4/10/2006 4:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Spanish Rapier/Epee/Foil

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pointy things are fun.

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    4/10/2006 4:49pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wasn't right on, but damned if I wasn't close!

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    4/10/2006 6:56pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn
    If there's a knife steel debate starting, might as well start a new topic. It'll go on for 20 more pages.

Wataru, if you're serious, you don't have to spend a fortune to get good knives. Off the top of my head, Google these phrases and names and get back to us. Each is going to give you information on solid, capable knives that don't cost tons of money.

"Spyderco" Spyderco is all you need to know. They started the one-hand opening trend and the pocket clip that's now on almost every production folding knife offered. They use great steel. Their knives are ergonomic, tough, smooth, and wonderfully engineered. Sal Glesser is a genius and an honest man. And they sell their knives for low prices. A $40 Spyderco Native is the equal of knives costing three times as much.

"Columbia River Knife and Tool" or "CRKT" is good stuff for cheap prices. They use pretty good steels and offer many licensed versions of custom designs by people like Kit Carson and Brian Tighe.

On the other hand, here are some words to avoid. If you see these words, RUN:
    "Bud K Worldwide"
    "United Cutlery"
    "Gil Hibben" (he was a very good custom maker, but he licenses his name for utter junk.)

Also, anything marked "Pakistan" is junk. "China" or "Taiwan" is probably junk, but Taiwan especially is improving and several reputable companies make knives there now. And anything marked simply "Stainless Steel," "Surgical Steel," or "Rostfrei" is probably crap, along with anything modern marked with a famous knifemaking city like Sheffield, Toledo, Solingen or the like. Those cities are no longer bladesmith centers and are now more likely to be making forks and dishwasher fittings.

Now, seriously, if all you want to do is put something on the wall, J stainless steels are fine. (This is the same stuff often marked "Surgical Stainless" or "Surgical Steel."
    Similarly, if all you need is a shank with which to gank people, bad steel is not a big deal. You don't really need to hold an edge in that situation, and you're not going to be crossing swords like Duncan Macleod, so if it will take a sharp edge, it's probably good enough. But if you're going to open packages and cut up your snacks, like I do, you're going to appreciate good steel. I bring my carry knives to a "hair popping" edge, meaning I can shave my arm and watch the hairs pop up off the edge. This gives me mangy-looking arms, but it also means that I need good edge-holding abilities for that edge to last any time at all.

Your J2 steel could take an edge close to that sharp, but it would not hold it. That stuff can barely be hardened, much less tempered. It makes fantastic playground equipment and refrigerator doors, which is why they make so MUCH of it, which is why it's dirt cheap and easy to get, which is why the Pakistani sweatshops use so much of it.
    What your opinion on Kabar?

**** you math class

Posted On:
    4/10/2006 7:00pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, Ballet, Archery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Unless it's raining, snowing, or you're a Russian (In which case it's probably snowing. Russia sucks), why the hell would you want to wear a trench coat?
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12131415 ... LastLast