Thread: Need to improve my punching
4/07/2006 1:33pm, #21
Best thing boxing has given me is head movement.
4/07/2006 1:40pm, #22Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
4/07/2006 3:07pm, #23
- Join Date
- Jun 2005
- NE Alabama
There are several ways you can improve your punching. If you already know the technique do the following.
Practice * 1000
Do asmany knuckle pushups you can. Then do some more.
} While (!ownage);
4/07/2006 9:07pm, #24
Boxing is the way to go. As mentioned, knuckle push-ups will make your hands solid and strengthen your forearms as well.
The most important thing is learning to get your weight behind your punches. without that you have nothing." If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra
4/07/2006 9:10pm, #25Originally Posted by mrblackmagic
4/07/2006 9:11pm, #26
And read my article, it should help.
4/07/2006 10:17pm, #27Originally Posted by Seraphim
4/08/2006 10:00pm, #28
Re original post. Go to either, it's a step in the right direction either way.You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM
just die already.Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM
Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/
4/09/2006 1:30am, #29
10 reasons you should do muay thai
1. ELBOWS, lots of 'em.
2. Standup grappling/takedown skills AKA thai clinch.
3. SPINNING BACKFIST!
4. KNEES, lots of 'em
5. learn to defend against the low kick (no, you don't use a downblock)
6. Learn to deliver a low kick that will feel like a baseball bat to your opponents.
7. Achieve an overdeveloped sense of superority over most other worthless lifeforms including your former self.
8. Learn to never fear having your kicks blocked with an elbow since you now use your shinbone for a striking surface.
9. Muay thai looks cooler on a resumé than "boxing"
10. SOMEONE HAS JUST STOLEN YOUR VILLAGE'S IDOL AND YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN RETRIEVE IT!!!!!
4/09/2006 2:04am, #30
1. my class has a very minimal focus on elbows
2. yeah :)
3. we don't do the spinning backfist, isn't that a full contact karate thing?
4. yeah :)
5. I'm sorry people, but shin blocking fucking sucks if you're not wearing shinguards
6. yeah :)
7. overdeveloped? You mean just developed enough, right?
8. I found that although this often hurts in sparring, you don't even notice it in a fight
9. "muay thai? What's that? Oh, it's like kickboxing..."
10. "THAT PRICK DON! HE DOOMED OUR VILLAGE!"