Sponsored Links Spacer Image

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 12:00am

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah FA is a waste of ammo.

It is also the most fun I have ever had with my pants on or off.

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 12:23am

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't foget the magic one can work with the three round burst and a quick finger. Almost as fun as FA but with more hits on target.
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 12:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    FA and "on target" and mutually exclusive. Unless you're packin an MP-5, that full auto burst you just fired should be at an area target. If you fire an FA burst at a human sized target and get more than two rounds in his fleshy pink tissue I'd go buy a lottery ticket - unless you fired on him at point blank range. Then you're just mean.

On the other hand, with SA you can put a loads of rounds into a target very quickly. One of life's sad little ironies. It all has to do with how the muscles tense when you fire. With FA, you have no control over when the individual rounds fire, you you can't tense up and bring the weapon back on target as quickly - the rifle is in control. Controlling the action with SA allows you to tense properly, follow the barrell through the recoil and bring it back on target in a fraction of a second.

When you try to squeeze out a single round in FA, you also can't tense properly. You have to get your finger off tha trigger fast, and concentrating on that will fudge your follow through. Best just to put the selector switch where it's supposed to go.

Anyone know if the AR-15 has burst memory?

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 12:52pm

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've found the submachine guns I've fired to be amazingly controllable. The ones I've fired being the famed Tommy gun and of course the uzi. (I've heard people say the UZI is more controllable then even the vaunted MP5 in FA mode)
    I can't speak for rifle calibers though....well except for the .50BMG but that was fired from a Ma Deuce so it was pretty easy to control aswell.

I think the thing about FA is sometimes you just want to get a lot of rounds n the air quickly and accuracy is a secondary concern. If you have one badguy that you need to put down asap and dont have time to really aim your weapon then FA is a good bet. As far as I'm concerned if I need to shoot someone and I empty a magazine at them and hit them once or twice then I didnt waste anything. FA needs to be thought of more as a shotgun then a rifle. If some shotgun pellets miss it's not considered a waste, thats just the "price" of getting a lot of lead in the air quickly to better insure a hit.

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 4:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SMGs are a limited application weapon, intended for close in, fast firefights when speed has to be substituted for cover and range. They are designed to spit out a lot of rounds quickly to put BGs down before they can return fire. Their use takes a great deal of training. It is not something that can be picked up and effectively employed, despite thier apparent ease of use.

Accuracy is never, ever a secondary concern. Samuel Colt was quoted as saying "Speed and power are fine, but accuracy is final." Unless a target is a point blank range, taking the split second to aim is far more efficent than the spray and pray approach. The concern is not wasting rounds, it is wasting time. The more rounds miss, the longer it takes for the BGs to die, and the more opportunity they are afforded to put an end to you. Shotguns fire all thier rounds at once, wasted pellets with them does not equal wasted time. Lesson is - ALWAYS take aim.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 5:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGOON
    Unless a target is a point blank range, taking the split second to aim is far more efficent than the spray and pray approach. The concern is not wasting rounds, it is wasting time. The more rounds miss, the longer it takes for the BGs to die, and the more opportunity they are afforded to put an end to you. Shotguns fire all thier rounds at once, wasted pellets with them does not equal wasted time. Lesson is - ALWAYS take aim.

There have been more than a few cases in police history where an officer has emptied their entire weapon without hitting the target at distances of less than 10 feet.

It does give pause to consider some of them were holding sidearms with 17 shot clips.

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 8:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When it comes to bullets, more is by no means better.

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 8:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGOON
    When it comes to bullets, more is by no means better.
    One Shot, One Kill. Words to live by.
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 10:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aw, screw it! I want an M134 "minigun" and the only rounds I want to feed through it are incendiary tracers.

Twilight shooting would be an absofuckinlutely BADASS way to waste ammo.

Home defense? One MK 15 Phalanx CIWS on the roof ought to do it - it'lll shut up the crows, that's for sure. I don't know what a 20mm DU round goes for, but surely it couldn't be more than $100 each, right?

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    4/08/2006 12:13am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The sea-whiz Close In Weapons System? What are you a millionare? Do you have ANY idea how much ONE round for that things costs, and what it's rate of fire is? DU does NOT come cheap - it is a by product of uranium enrichment which typically costs tens if not hundreds of millions to manufacture. While the real prize is the cutesey little ball of U-235, that nasty pile of U-238 has it's own uses. IT would actually be more cost effective and almost as safe to use natural uranium.

There is a new alloy of tungsten that has simillair properties to DU, it is ultra dense and self-sharpening, though I doubt it will be on the open market either.

Finally, who are you going t o get to operate it? Sure, you could hire a former sailor, but would you be comfortable with him bringing home "friends" at four in th emorning while high on methamphetamine? I though not.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast