Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 5:47pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Planktime
    Also I would like to add i am all about 3 round burst for small get togethers.
    Whew boy . . . exposing my total fire arms ignorance here again . . . just ignore me if you don't want to answer the questions . . .

What is a 3 round burst considered to be when talking SA or FA (I've always been under the impression that SA = one trigger pull, one shot fired)? Or is it it's own separate thing? Is it any easier for a civilian to get a gun with a 3 round burst option than it is for one to get FA? I did a google search and couldn't find an answer. If anyone has a "basic gun terminology and mechanics for idiots" website and wants to give me a link so I don't **** your forum up with retard questions, that'd be great.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 5:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    "It's a waste of Ammo" is the common response from people who are jealos that they dont have a firearm with a group therapy mode. :P

That may be true , but it's still a waste of ammo IMHO . I think ( in theory as I have never shot anything with full auto or with 3-5 round bursts except airsoft , bb,and paintball guns . ) something with the ability to throw alot of lead in the air is good . But the ability to shoot the same number of rounds in short controlled bursts everytime you pulled the trigger would be more usefull and less wastefull than a full auto .

But then again what the **** do I know besides I want to shoot something that has full auto one day ... but it is wastefull so I will control my satanic urges and go do something to protect the children from reality and harm .

* sighs and goes to pander for more strict gun control * If I can't do it right now , I don't see any reason why you people should be able to .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 6:31pm

supporting member
     Style: na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo Bean
    Whew boy . . . exposing my total fire arms ignorance here again . . . just ignore me if you don't want to answer the questions . . .

What is a 3 round burst considered to be when talking SA or FA (I've always been under the impression that SA = one trigger pull, one shot fired)? Or is it it's own separate thing? Is it any easier for a civilian to get a gun with a 3 round burst option than it is for one to get FA? I did a google search and couldn't find an answer. If anyone has a "basic gun terminology and mechanics for idiots" website and wants to give me a link so I don't **** your forum up with retard questions, that'd be great.
    That means that everytime you pull the trigger, the weapon will fire 3 rounds. This does not mean that you can not short stroke it and only get one, it just is the how the weapon functions when you do a full stroke retraction of the trigger. I'm not up on the mechanics, in never went to MP5 armourer school.

The HK UMP was nice when doing close in shooting, 2 rounds into a target head with a single pull was nice. Very easy to control, but it is a pistol round.

Full auto is really not that impressive until you get up into 7.62, then it becomes like a mythical weapon to smite the enemies of your nation and what not. But, I get all geeky over 7.62, especially in the M-14 version. I like it much better than any M-16 derivitive.
    Last edited by MONGO; 4/06/2006 6:36pm at .

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 6:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo Bean

Fully Automatic, for the purposes of what can be owned by civilians, is defined as anything which can cycle and fire more than one round without releasing the trigger. Hence, a 3 round burst is still FA.

BTW, A standard Issue M16A2 can only fire single round or 3 round burst.
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 4/06/2006 7:01pm at .

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 7:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    That may be true , but it's still a waste of ammo IMHO . I think ( in theory as I have never shot anything with full auto or with 3-5 round bursts except airsoft , bb,and paintball guns . ) something with the ability to throw alot of lead in the air is good . But the ability to shoot the same number of rounds in short controlled bursts everytime you pulled the trigger would be more usefull and less wastefull than a full auto .

But then again what the **** do I know besides I want to shoot something that has full auto one day ... but it is wastefull so I will control my satanic urges and go do something to protect the children from reality and harm .

* sighs and goes to pander for more strict gun control * If I can't do it right now , I don't see any reason why you people should be able to .
    Full Auto is a waste. You can use it for suppresive fire. But directed fire and RPGs (LAWs) are better if you want things to not shoot back after you stop wasting ammo.
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 4/06/2006 7:22pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 7:00pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MONGO
    That means that everytime you pull the trigger, the weapon will fire 3 rounds. This does not mean that you can not short stroke it and only get one, it just is the how the weapon functions when you do a full stroke retraction of the trigger. I'm not up on the mechanics, in never went to MP5 armourer school.

The HK UMP was nice when doing close in shooting, 2 rounds into a target head with a single pull was nice. Very easy to control, but it is a pistol round.

Full auto is really not that impressive until you get up into 7.62, then it becomes like a mythical weapon to smite the enemies of your nation and what not. But, I get all geeky over 7.62, especially in the M-14 version. I like it much better than any M-16 derivitive.
    Werd, I got the 308 in the Bushmaster AR15. Love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 7:58pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why are we poo-pooing full auto? It has it's place - in a crew served weapon. Generally speaking, it's not to kill a lot of people, but rather to deny and enemy UNIT manueverability. It's called "suppressive fire," making the enemy put thier heads down, and reducing the accuracy of thier direct fires. US Army doctrine calls for the use of three-round burst mode once the enemy is on the verge of breaching the lines.

As far as full auto ARs and SMGs go, they have a very narrow tactical application, and anre generally reduced to "spray and pray" use in untrained hands.

You want a bitchin' AR, look up the Barret M-468, sexy, sexy rifle with a sexier round.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 10:04pm

Style: Arnis, judo, Taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Please dont misunderstand

Quote Originally Posted by SFGOON
    Why are we poo-pooing full auto? It has it's place - in a crew served weapon. Generally speaking, it's not to kill a lot of people, but rather to deny and enemy UNIT manueverability. It's called "suppressive fire," making the enemy put thier heads down, and reducing the accuracy of thier direct fires. US Army doctrine calls for the use of three-round burst mode once the enemy is on the verge of breaching the lines.

As far as full auto ARs and SMGs go, they have a very narrow tactical application, and anre generally reduced to "spray and pray" use in untrained hands.

You want a bitchin' AR, look up the Barret M-468, sexy, sexy rifle with a sexier round.
    Well i wasnt really trying to start a **** on FA fest sorry. So let me state for the record, If you know how to properly use FA then it is a very valueble tool. For those of us (includeing myself) who have no expereince with applying suppressive fire then stick to semi Auto.

Also Garbanzo there is no shame in being gun iliterate as long as you will freely admit it AND not attempt to deny dangerous people like myself from owning atleast 15 firearms.

SFG the 6.8 is one of the sexiest rounds in a long time but it is yet to catch on with anyone but the speical forces guys and Barret. I would own one if it wernt so damn expensive to own and operate. Please talk to everyone you know get the US military to adopt it as a standard.
    Anyone?

PT

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 10:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "It's a waste of Ammo" is the common response from people who are jealos that they dont have a firearm with a group therapy mode. :P
    That's quite true. In that spirit:
    IT'S A WASTE OF AMMO SO I WOULDN'T WANT ONE ANYWAY.

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 11:27pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Planktime
    Also Garbanzo there is no shame in being gun iliterate as long as you will freely admit it AND not attempt to deny dangerous people like myself from owning atleast 15 firearms.
    My ship date is June 8th, if that tells you anything. I have abso-fucking-lutely no problem with firearms. I don't personally own one, but not because I hate guns.

Some of my fondest memories as a kid involve plinking cans using a .22 with my dad. He isn't much of a gun person, but he taught me how to shoot a variety of rifles, and how to shoot safely. Love 'em or hate 'em, I think everyone should at least learn how to use them responsibly.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast