233527 Bullies, 3651 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 81 to 90 of 116
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 101112 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Infrazael is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    35

    Posted On:
    5/12/2006 4:15pm


     Style: Choy Lay Fut Gung Fu, MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrkoon9
    This page is full of lame ****.

    I just read someone chastize the haymaker, saying it was a punch that a blind gimp could see coming a mile away. He must not realize that it the #1 KO punch of all time.

    But only a few short posts away the same person advocates the use of some sort of 'sweeping inner forearm' strike.

    Where the **** is my rollyeyes smiley when I need it....?
    Ok smartass, why don't you have smoeone slam their forearm into your neck and tell me if it hurts or not?

    As far as I'm concerned forearms are just viable a tool as fists and elbows.

    Or maybe you just didn't read my post?

    Until you come up with a logical and informative reply or refutation of my statement, I'm not going to bother with you. I came to BS to talk to logical people who like to show and prove things empirically.

    Not fucktards who throw random attacks without any sort of conclusive information to back them up.
  2. AAAhmed46 is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta,
    Posts
    1,995

    Posted On:
    5/12/2006 4:33pm


     Style: karate,MMA(between gyms)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I noticed shotokan 'blocks' are fore arm strikes, especially the 'block' that is made to protect your face.

    To me, it looks like a forearm strike.

    Though personally, i would use my elbow, but different strokes, different folks.
  3. Infrazael is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    35

    Posted On:
    5/12/2006 5:00pm


     Style: Choy Lay Fut Gung Fu, MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AAAhmed46
    I noticed shotokan 'blocks' are fore arm strikes, especially the 'block' that is made to protect your face.

    To me, it looks like a forearm strike.

    Though personally, i would use my elbow, but different strokes, different folks.
    We use everything. Fists, forearms, elbows. As well as all angles of attack.
  4. Yrkoon9 is offline
    Yrkoon9's Avatar

    Brock Sampson

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Land of the Living
    Posts
    4,590

    Posted On:
    5/12/2006 5:40pm

    supporting member
     Style: 5.56

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Infrazael
    Ok smartass, why don't you have smoeone slam their forearm into your neck and tell me if it hurts or not?

    As far as I'm concerned forearms are just viable a tool as fists and elbows.
    Okay!

    How about this. You hit me in the neck with your forearm. I hit you in the jaw with my haymaker.

    Who's goin down?

    Or maybe you just didn't read my post?
    Oh I read it. Forearm strikes = better than fist strikes. Allllllrighty then!

    Until you come up with a logical and informative reply or refutation of my statement, I'm not going to bother with you. I came to BS to talk to logical people who like to show and prove things empirically.

    Not fucktards who throw random attacks without any sort of conclusive information to back them up.
    You see Mr Spock, my argument is based on logic and experience. Not theoretical physics.

    "I came to talk to logical people who like to show and prove things empircally"

    I prefer to base my statements on empircal evidence too. And evidence shows that forearm strikes are about as usefull as tits on a boar. Maybe if your hand got chopped off my a ninja or a pirate it might be usefull.

    But when we are talking about 'short power' and 'shovel hooks' a fucking forearm strike is fucking weak. A shovel hook to the body is a proven effective technique. Countless boxing matches have shown its power. My own personal experiences as related on the previous page will agree with that. But the devestating forearm? Let me count the number of fights that I have seen that strike used with some effect. Hmmm. Still thinking. Hmmmm. Oh yeah! I remember back in middle school kids flailed thier arms around in windmills that incidentally hit people with thier forearms. Not very devestating at all. Short power? Not hardly.

    You strike me as the sort of person who spends an exhorbenant amount of time on theory and very little in application. The first indication was your scoffing at the haymaker - which "Empirically" has shown to be the KO punch of choice by thugs, amateurs, and professionals alike. It's amazing that if it can be seen by blind gimps as you profess that so many fights are decided by it's effectiveness. The second flag went up when you started advocating the forearm strike instead of the punch to the head. This tells me you have little to no REAL fighting experience. Because if you DID have some you would know that when the rubber hits the road and you are throwing down all of those strikes at "specific targets (neck, collarbone, ear/jaws), and the attack is made with great accuracy" goes right out the fucking window. All those backfists, hammerfists, sau choys, and whatever the **** else you have managed to over-engineer do very little. And people who spend thier time trying to rationalize this kind of stuff make me roll my eyes.

    Now next time you want to talk about power, strikes, or any of this other stuff how about YOU come up with some of this conclusive evidence you ask for. I am not going to spend my time LARP'ing the **** out talking about how your bil gee is countered by my lop sau followed up with the forearm strike to the liver. All of this intricate and exotic bullshit is just that. And the next time I hear kung fu guy talk about power I might just laugh myself silly as they have, with a few exceptions, proven themselves NOT to have power in thier strikes AT ALL.

    As a matter of fact all this week Fighting Black Kings has been on TV late at night. Some of the funniest **** is to see those Kung Fu guys doing thier intricate hand movements and forearm conditioning only to be fucking WRECKED at the Japanese full contact tournament. The best one was Ninomiya giving a SHORT BODY HOOK to the little kung fu guys ribs about 30 seconds into the fight and watching him drop like a fucking stone. Previous to that strike Ninomiya just stood there almost laughing as the kung fu man flailed at Ninomiya with these no power strikes as if he was a child. Then one punch and the kung fu man was down.


    Random shots....pfft.... random shot this as I give you a virtual E-bitch slap across the forum and your weak ass forearm-in-lieu-of-haymaker strike.
  5. Infrazael is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    35

    Posted On:
    5/12/2006 5:58pm


     Style: Choy Lay Fut Gung Fu, MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think kicking with the instep and the ball of the foot is better than the Shin because we all know that the Shin doesn't cause any damage. :P

    OK mister, whatever you say.

    PS - Have you ever seen fucking Yaw Yan fighters? I highly doubt it. I suggest you don't talk out of your fucking ass.

    Actually it would be much more conveniant to hit the "ignore" button as you clearly have no fucking idea what you're talking about.
  6. AAAhmed46 is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta,
    Posts
    1,995

    Posted On:
    5/12/2006 6:09pm


     Style: karate,MMA(between gyms)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know though , from my experience, forearm strikes are a different range. From hooks
  7. Yrkoon9 is offline
    Yrkoon9's Avatar

    Brock Sampson

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Land of the Living
    Posts
    4,590

    Posted On:
    5/12/2006 6:27pm

    supporting member
     Style: 5.56

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Infrazael
    I think kicking with the instep and the ball of the foot is better than the Shin because we all know that the Shin doesn't cause any damage. :P
    Odd 'empirical' evidence you have there Mr Wizard. The shin is now the forearm? Interesting. Perhaps a few classes in anatomy might help you with your ignorance.

    You would like to follow this train of thought?

    Maybe we will compare the tricep muscle with the quadracep muscle to determine power output on the extension of a limb such as the arm or leg? Or perhaps you would prefer to discuss the dynamics of impact at the end of the lever being greater than at the fulcrum?

    This is probably where you would rather dwell. Talking about physics. Because you won't be able to produce any of that 'empirical' evidence like...examples of people getting KO'd from this fabled short power forearm strikes - especially when compared to the examples I have provided of countless boxers and streetfighters using the haymaker or body hook with FISTS to actually KO people.

    PS - Have you ever seen fucking Yaw Yan fighters? I highly doubt it. I suggest you don't talk out of your fucking ass.
    Who? Yawn yawning? Are these the famous troupe of fighters that are knocking fools out by the dozens with well placed forearm strikes of fabled short power?

    Actually it would be much more conveniant to hit the "ignore" button as you clearly have no fucking idea what you're talking about.
    Right! Easier than providing this 'empirical' evidence, creating a rational and well thought out argument, or possibly actually using common sense. Go back to theoretical striking and stepping on your dick.
  8. Infrazael is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    35

    Posted On:
    5/12/2006 7:04pm


     Style: Choy Lay Fut Gung Fu, MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrkoon9

    Odd 'empirical' evidence you have there Mr Wizard. The shin is now the forearm? Interesting. Perhaps a few classes in anatomy might help you with your ignorance.

    You would like to follow this train of thought?

    Maybe we will compare the tricep muscle with the quadracep muscle to determine power output on the extension of a limb such as the arm or leg? Or perhaps you would prefer to discuss the dynamics of impact at the end of the lever being greater than at the fulcrum?
    I don't claim to be an expert in human anatomy. But I know that the shin is harder than the instep, and the forearm harder than the human hand.

    When the **** did I ever say shin = forearm? It was an analogy against your strange theories on the fist somehow being "deadlier" than a bone that is denser, bigger, and has more mass.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yrkoon9
    This is probably where you would rather dwell. Talking about physics. Because you won't be able to produce any of that 'empirical' evidence like...examples of people getting KO'd from this fabled short power forearm strikes - especially when compared to the examples I have provided of countless boxers and streetfighters using the haymaker or body hook with FISTS to actually KO people.
    Physics = law that governs how the universe works. Everything from gravity to punching people. So you're arguing that people should ignore physics now? Wow, that is a sure sign of intellect. Oh and BTW -- I never even tried to use any physics in my argument, but apparently you pulled my "mind" from a non-existent place, and is now talking on my behalf.:ninja7:

    Quote Originally Posted by Yrkoon9

    Who? Yawn yawning? Are these the famous troupe of fighters that are knocking fools out by the dozens with well placed forearm strikes of fabled short power?
    Filipino Kickboxers, you fucking shithead. Spend some time researching into South Eastern Asian styles . . . . you will find that Muay Thai isn't the only sport art there, or the only existent kickboxing style. Do a search on video.google, or a general search on the internet. I'm not going to provide information for you. And as a bonus, Yaw Yan fighters and Muay Thai fighters constantly cross train and share many of the same techniques, and YY and MT boxers often compete against one another. One tends to have much better punching, the other kicking/clinching. Go do your fucking homework.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yrkoon9
    Right! Easier than providing this 'empirical' evidence, creating a rational and well thought out argument, or possibly actually using common sense. Go back to theoretical striking and stepping on your dick.
    Theoretical striking? Sorry but I have hit people with my forearm and have been on the recieving end of them. To tell you the truth, they gave me a bigger headache than when I was KOed by a haymaker (my second sparring match).

    And on Haymakers -- I know what they can do. I've KOed two people with nothing but a well-placed Haymaker. Don't try to talk on my behalf.
  9. AAAhmed46 is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta,
    Posts
    1,995

    Posted On:
    5/12/2006 8:04pm


     Style: karate,MMA(between gyms)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In my experience, forearms are great for turning a strike into a control with done like a back hand, though not exactly. Kind of hard to describe.
  10. Yrkoon9 is offline
    Yrkoon9's Avatar

    Brock Sampson

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Land of the Living
    Posts
    4,590

    Posted On:
    5/12/2006 9:11pm

    supporting member
     Style: 5.56

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Infrazael
    I don't claim to be an expert in human anatomy. But I know that the shin is harder than the instep, and the forearm harder than the human hand.

    When the **** did I ever say shin = forearm? It was an analogy against your strange theories on the fist somehow being "deadlier" than a bone that is denser, bigger, and has more mass.
    Read your fucking post at the top of the page moron. I say a forearm strike is weak. You come back with the shinbone? And shinbone analogies? If you were going to argue that a round kick with the shinbone is both safer and more powerfull than a shovel hook or haymaker then you might have something. But you didn't. You were talking about forearms. So don't try to use them interchangably, k?

    Physics = law that governs how the universe works. Everything from gravity to punching people. So you're arguing that people should ignore physics now? Wow, that is a sure sign of intellect. Oh and BTW -- I never even tried to use any physics in my argument, but apparently you pulled my "mind" from a non-existent place, and is now talking on my behalf.:ninja7:
    I am now 'arguing that people should ignore physics"? No. Please provide some proof to assuption.

    I said that people who sit around and talk about how useless haymakers are in relation to the incredible forearm shot have no root in reality. These kind of people prefer to dwell in the land of theory. (That's you). Guys that like to talk about 'empirical evidence' and 'logic' but offer very little of either. Because they prefer to talk about it.

    Filipino Kickboxers, you fucking shithead. Spend some time researching into South Eastern Asian styles . . . . you will find that Muay Thai isn't the only sport art there, or the only existent kickboxing style. Do a search on video.google, or a general search on the internet. I'm not going to provide information for you. And as a bonus, Yaw Yan fighters and Muay Thai fighters constantly cross train and share many of the same techniques, and YY and MT boxers often compete against one another. One tends to have much better punching, the other kicking/clinching. Go do your fucking homework.
    You've made the assuption that I didn't know what you are talking about. Perhaps my sarcastic sense of humor is lost on a board nub like yourself. It can be forgiven. Not everyone here knows me.

    It's your comparison to the style that makes me laugh. Backfists, hammerfists, and sau choy's - supposedly similar to YY. No. You are doing fucking CLF and trying to associate yourself with it. Like the Kenpo guys finding grappling movements in thier kata. LOL. Sure - if you squint real hard and use your imagination MAYBE you can find something.

    Theoretical striking? Sorry but I have hit people with my forearm and have been on the recieving end of them. To tell you the truth, they gave me a bigger headache than when I was KOed by a haymaker (my second sparring match).

    And on Haymakers -- I know what they can do. I've KOed two people with nothing but a well-placed Haymaker. Don't try to talk on my behalf.
    You let us all know when you get to your third sparring match, k?

    But your suddenly backstepping on the haymaker punch is making me laugh. It was just a few short posts ago that you were ridiculing the strike. Do we need a little review of what you said?

    The Ox-Horn punch is often a wide, sometimes haymaker-like swing where the impact is in the first two knuckles. A very STUPID punch IMO, one that I will never use and will never teach anyone to use. High impact swing at a 45 degree angle, most likely hitting the opponent in the skull. That just calls for fucking your hand up. No thanks, I think forearms are harder than my knuckles.
    and of course:

    Hope that helps. We don't throw mindless "haymakers."
    Strange. Did you just say you will never use one? Errr didn't you just say you KO'd two people with them? Hmmmm.
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 101112 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.