Hell yeah! Hell no!
    who said you did?

Posted On:
    5/14/2006 11:41pm

Style: karate,MMA(between gyms)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikken Hisatsu
    you cannot seriously think that rubbing someone with your forearm is any kind of fighting technique. unless you are fighting a 6 year old girl, that won't do ****. a guy i spar with forgot his gloves one day and used some shitty club gloves. I didn't realise until after we finished sparring that the insides of his gloves the cheap imitation leather was all broken and cut and the back of my neck now resembled an emos wrist.

Now if I didn't feel that in the "heat of the moment" the chances of me giving a **** about some effeminate weirdo sensually rubbing the side of my neck with his velvety arms.... oooooh....

wait back to the point- its bullshit and won't work. i think that was my point anyway.

now, jamming it into someones neck- yeah. thats how you keep control (or actually, the secret is jamming your elbows into the small pit between the deltoid/shoulder and the pec/chest). but for it to actually be uncomfortable you would have to be a strong ************ and you would be spending shitloads of energy for very little return.
    Im not saying you will LITERALLY be rubbing

I used rubbing as a DESCRIBING word. Your not going to literally rub your fore-arm as a form of attacking.

Wow, im going to have a hard time describing this.....

Ah forget about it, if i can actually do something with it, or actually properly describe it, then i guess it will be a topic for discussion.

Otherwise, id just be throwing useless theory, like this dude: :phil2:

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    5/15/2006 1:19am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know what your talking about AAAhmed46. Rubbing your forearm against the neck after a forearm strike but its got a big push to it. In my Kempo school they said that with the gi on it would be like a saw. Even without it thats how they described it.

It doesnt work though.

The only thing I see thats close to it that works is cross facing.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    5/15/2006 6:02am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah i get what you mean aahmed. i was using rubbing to belittle the idea. it won't work, trust me.

Posted On:
    5/15/2006 3:30pm

Style: karate,MMA(between gyms)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn, i really thought i had come up with something that i could use to genki sudo people with(be unorthodox)

Posted On:
    5/15/2006 4:59pm

Style: Kickboxing/Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Short power?" You can get it out of a rearhand vertical fist (not a wing chun punch; it hits with the first tw knuckles and rises slightlly) or short uppercut as well, or with a jab. I dn't go for it in a jab because the "short power" thing comes from waist and shoulder rotation and overdoing opens you up when you jab. With the rear hand, you can get it in after capping and pushing the other guy's arm and getting the shot in as you enter to clinch.

As for forearm strikes; I know a few guys I respect who swear by them as a strong shot that can blindside a guy. I've only found them useful as dissuading techniques, especially to the limbs. Once a guy's fighting there's no point, but before that point it causes a bit of pain and doesn't really look like ye olde fightin' technique.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112