223623 Bullies, 4085 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 91 to 100 of 116
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 1112 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Yrkoon9 is offline
    Yrkoon9's Avatar

    Brock Sampson

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Land of the Living
    Posts
    4,590

    Posted On:
    5/12/2006 9:36pm

    supporting member
     Style: 5.56

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Infrazael
    We also use forearm strikes (inner, outer, and top) with sau choys, backfists, hammerfists, etc . . . . . in order to break guard. This is similar to how Yaw-Yan (Filipino Kickboxing) fighters use some of their forearm strikes, taken from FMA stickfighting such as Kali and Escrima.
    Peace

    Excuse me for not recognizing the obvious similarities between your style and Yaw-Yan techniques!












    I mean how can you miss the similarities?



    But here is 'sau choy'.

    Quite obvious this looks exactly like filipino kickboxing to me. You know, between the backfists and hammerfists I am always seeing... I mean when I watch Yaw Yan kickboxing I'm looking for this technique and sure enough practically every match I'm seeing kung fu all over the place but it's SAU that reminds me of kickboxing whever I see it.

    Incredible!
  2. Yrkoon9 is offline
    Yrkoon9's Avatar

    Brock Sampson

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Land of the Living
    Posts
    4,590

    Posted On:
    5/12/2006 9:41pm

    supporting member
     Style: 5.56

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Infrazael
    High impact swing at a 45 degree angle, most likely hitting the opponent in the skull. That just calls for fucking your hand up.

    No thanks, I think forearms are harder than my knuckles.

    Jesus Christ!

    Check out that CLF guy above. Doesn't he understand what you are saying? I mean look at all those punches to the skull! That just calls for fucking your hand up!

    What a big dummy he is!

    Why isn't he using his forearm?!? I mean they are harder than your knuckles. This guy must not be doing the 'real Choy Lay Fut', eh?
  3. Infrazael is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    35

    Posted On:
    5/13/2006 2:24am


     Style: Choy Lay Fut Gung Fu, MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrkoon9
    Jesus Christ!

    Check out that CLF guy above. Doesn't he understand what you are saying? I mean look at all those punches to the skull! That just calls for fucking your hand up!

    What a big dummy he is!

    Why isn't he using his forearm?!? I mean they are harder than your knuckles. This guy must not be doing the 'real Choy Lay Fut', eh?
    Eh . . . .

    First you say you have no idea what Yaw Yan is.

    Then you claim to watch Yaw Yan all the time.

    I don't follow.

    Second -- those are static pictures. Very great job in finding them; I applaud you.

    Now, your point? I'm not the person doing it. About the "Sau" picture. Obviously, that pose is supposed to be the AFTER the impact of the strike hurt. It's supposed to go hit your opponent and hopefully drive through them.

    Does this happen every time? No. Does this happen sometimes? Sure it does. Are Sau Choys the be all of techniques? I never said so. Are you supposed to hit with the knuckles? You can, but it's a rather stupid idea.

    Oh yeah, I wonder if you actually read the description of the strikes either. Gwa Choy is a backfist with the knuckles. Kup Choy is a knuckle slap.

    Sau Choy is a forearm strike. I never mixed them up. Your pitiful and childlike imagination is what's hindering your understanding of anything here.

    Again I must applaud you for your EXTREMELY INSIGHTFUL understanding of CLF simply by looking at pictures.

    Your ingenuity has now inspired me. Thank you for your gift to humanity.

    PS -- regarding Yaw Yan and CLF, and similarities. Have you ever seen CLF spar at all, you fucking retard? Let me guess, NO!!! So apparently you are trying to see "kung fu" techniques when you don't even know WHAT THE **** THEY LOOK LIKE when used in a sparring/pressured environment.

    You know what people say -- it's called being narcissistic and overly imaginative.

    Go back to your world of make belief -- you'll be happier if you stayed there, because you'll be convincing your own Ego of that your lack of understanding is actually because you are right, and everyone else wrong.
  4. AAAhmed46 is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta,
    Posts
    1,996

    Posted On:
    5/13/2006 2:58am


     Style: karate,MMA(between gyms)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does this happen every time? No. Does this happen sometimes? Sure it does. Are Sau Choys the be all of techniques? I never said so. Are you supposed to hit with the knuckles? You can, but it's a rather stupid idea.
    Now i got to disagree with you on that.

    I think stirking with the knuckle is great, by themselves as well.

    NOw if youve done any training with fore-arm strikes, mixing it up with normal punching is great, especially if you know how and where to hit with your fore-arms. The mechanics are a bit different from a hook, so when you mix it up it's a bitch.

    I personally do NOT use them because i suck at using them.

    But ive tasted a fore-arm to the neck., especially recently since im allowed to spar with more intense contact.


    Im not knocking fore-arms, im just saying that:

    comparing knuckles and fore-arms ins't wise, since they both work differently, and are used differently.

    Though the way Infraenzal uses his fore arms is different from how ive seen it, since were different styles(he's long fist, i do short fist, atleast my uechi school).
    But fore-arms ARE a plausable weapon in a fight.
    Last edited by AAAhmed46; 5/13/2006 3:02am at .
  5. AAAhmed46 is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta,
    Posts
    1,996

    Posted On:
    5/13/2006 3:05am


     Style: karate,MMA(between gyms)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh and OBVIOUSLY choi li fut isnt a style of JUST fore-arms strikes, it just has them.
  6. Bang! is offline
    Bang!'s Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,242

    Posted On:
    5/13/2006 9:19am

    supporting memberBullshido Newbie
     Style: Wu Style TCC + BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yrkoon9, I didn't want to say anything about your pitiful and childlike imagination, but now that Infrazael has pointed it out, there's no going back . . . Unlike you and "your world of make belief."

    Infrazael, you keep on preaching, my brother. Guys like Yrkoon don't know anything about traditional martial arts -- it's all point sparring and minimal contact drills in his sport-infested universe. I'm sure that you've got access to a video camera, so please enlighten these goofs with footage of the sorts of techniques you're describing applied in a hard-contact sparring scenario.
  7. Yrkoon9 is offline
    Yrkoon9's Avatar

    Brock Sampson

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Land of the Living
    Posts
    4,590

    Posted On:
    5/13/2006 11:21am

    supporting member
     Style: 5.56

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Infrazael
    Eh . . . .

    First you say you have no idea what Yaw Yan is.

    Then you claim to watch Yaw Yan all the time.

    I don't follow.
    It's your reading comprehension. That is why you aren't following. I made a very sarcastic comment to bash you. I never said I didn't know what it was. I was fucking clowning you. Then I said I am familiar with YY, not that I watch it all the time.

    Seriously, lern2comprehend.

    Second -- those are static pictures. Very great job in finding them; I applaud you.

    Now, your point? I'm not the person doing it. About the "Sau" picture. Obviously, that pose is supposed to be the AFTER the impact of the strike hurt. It's supposed to go hit your opponent and hopefully drive through them.
    My point was two-fold. Actually three-fold if you want to include clowning you again.

    1) Your style advocates striking to the head with knuckles. Something you said was stupid. We can only infer that you either think your own style is stupid, or that you know very little about your own style.

    2) That your claim of similarity between CLF and filipino kickboxing was inaccurate. I wanted to clear up any misconceptions.

    Does this happen every time? No. Does this happen sometimes? Sure it does. Are Sau Choys the be all of techniques? I never said so. Are you supposed to hit with the knuckles? You can, but it's a rather stupid idea.

    Oh yeah, I wonder if you actually read the description of the strikes either. Gwa Choy is a backfist with the knuckles. Kup Choy is a knuckle slap.
    Back peddle much?

    Honestly one of the rules of being in a hole is to quit digging. Again I have quoted you about your comments on striking to the skull. And yet here we have that 'empirical' evidence you like so much contradicting your assertion. Most of those strikes that encompass your style were...to the head...with the knuckles.

    Sau Choy is a forearm strike. I never mixed them up. Your pitiful and childlike imagination is what's hindering your understanding of anything here.
    Nooo. I didn't say you mixed them up. I am saying your statements about it somehow being similar to filipino kickboxing, or that it was as powerfull as a roundkick shin, or that it produced as much power as a hook - or any of the other assertion you seem to be grasping at are wrong. That's it. You are full of ****. You don't know what you are talking about. You contradict yourself. And I want everyone to be clear on that.

    Again I must applaud you for your EXTREMELY INSIGHTFUL understanding of CLF simply by looking at pictures.
    Again ANOTHER incorrect assumption! Imagine my suprise...

    Sir, my understanding of CLF does not come from simply looking at pictures. Much of my understanding of martial arts comes from actually seeing it, training in it, or sparring against it. Any supplemental information like pictures simply reinforces my first hand experience, or is used to 'empiricial evidence' to contradict people like yourself who make ambigious statements like how dumb it is to hit the skull with knuckles.

    Your ingenuity has now inspired me. Thank you for your gift to humanity.
    Consider yourself blessed. Now go get your fucking shine box, boy.

    PS -- regarding Yaw Yan and CLF, and similarities. Have you ever seen CLF spar at all, you fucking retard? Let me guess, NO!!! So apparently you are trying to see "kung fu" techniques when you don't even know WHAT THE **** THEY LOOK LIKE when used in a sparring/pressured environment.
    Do you need a bigger shovel? I can't see anyone digging holes deeper for themselves than you. But you seem very intent on doing so.

    Yes I have sparred against CLF guys. In one of my old academies we had a CLF class that trained there before one of my classes. So I had many chances to spar against the guys who stayed late. One of the reasons my bullshit detector got tripped was your statement about hitting the head with knuckles being dumb, since I knew first hand they preferred to hit the head with knuckles.

    None of this really matters because I think I have proven, even to the casual observer, through those pictures that you are wrong. Not just on one point but on many. Heck, you have even contradicted yourself. So when I present those pictures as examples of the primary weapons of your style it is so we can easily see the differences between kickboxing and CLF.

    If you are going to claim that during sparring your techniques don't look like that and it looks more like YY than we know you aren't using your styles techniques, you are doing kickboxing. Plain and simple. Much like we are seeing the Kenpo guys adding grappling to thier curriculum today. Yeah sure they are using stuff that is very effective, but to claim it as Kenpo is ridiculous. They are drawing on stuff outside thier art - because thier art was weak and need supplementation. Which is where YOU are going with claims that CLF is similar to filipino kickboxing.

    You know what people say -- it's called being narcissistic and overly imaginative.
    Sir, the only person being imaginative here is YOU. And I think my last paragraph emphasizes that point.

    Go back to your world of make belief -- you'll be happier if you stayed there, because you'll be convincing your own Ego of that your lack of understanding is actually because you are right, and everyone else wrong.
    Yeahhh. Make believe! Like...saying that the haymaker is overrated, dumb, and you would never use it. And then claim to have KO'd 2 people with it?

    You seem to be contradicting yourself and your style quite a bit. Are you sure you are not on medication or alcohol when posting?
  8. GIJoe6186 is offline
    GIJoe6186's Avatar

    An American Hero!

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Long Island,NY
    Posts
    1,974

    Posted On:
    5/13/2006 2:28pm

    Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wowzers folks! Lets all get along!

    Infrazael, you say that you can't see how striking witht the fist could be more harmfull then striking with the forearm. You are right that the forearm is much more solid then your knuckles and hand so it makes sense that the forearm would be the weapon of choice. It could be used to hit much harder.

    The reason that is wrong though is because you cant target with your forearms. Now I dont mean target the eyes or neck. Im talking about a general target. You just wanna hit the face preferably the chin.

    Its very easy to block the forearm because its large and has to come in at an angle. It cant move around a persons defending hands. A fist however is something we have great control of. Also if you have your hands up (like a boxer) you can shoot your fist around or between them and hit the face/chin. You cant do that with a forearm. Also forearms strikes usually come in with a looping motion that can easily be countered by keeping the hands up because they are large.

    As for haymekers, yea it was fun to say they were stupid in my Kempo classes and only the unskilled used them. But when you dont have 16oz gloves on your hands move alot faster. A strong haymaker is easy to see but if you dont know how to bob, weave or just plain cover up its a good shot. Its not my go to but if the guy has crappy defense its a good thing.
  9. AAAhmed46 is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta,
    Posts
    1,996

    Posted On:
    5/13/2006 3:33pm


     Style: karate,MMA(between gyms)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can also use the thai clinch and mix up small fore-arm strikes with elbows. Got to test it though.
  10. GIJoe6186 is offline
    GIJoe6186's Avatar

    An American Hero!

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Long Island,NY
    Posts
    1,974

    Posted On:
    5/13/2006 4:01pm

    Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AAAhmed46
    You can also use the thai clinch and mix up small fore-arm strikes with elbows. Got to test it though.
    Yea but Im talking about using them in the free motion phase. No clinch. Even in the clinch forearms will work but its easier to use your fists and elbows.
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 1112 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.