Posted On:
    4/11/2006 7:03am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108
    LMAO...

If you wanna know what it was like to grow up Auslander, watch this.

I have a warning for you.

This video is trippy, sappy, overly cute, and just extremely wierd.

Yet, the song was top of the charts when I was in high school. I remember watching the video and thinking all of my Korean friends were insane for liking. But hey, whatever...I won't deny that I had a poster of the lead singer in my locker.

Still...what the **** was up with the rapping gnome?!?

This was one of their last videos before they broke. A little more mature, kind of a girl power thing...and all about bashing the white male...

Oh, and while I may have torn down that poster...Bada, the lead singer, went on to whip ass in Ssireum, traditional Korean wrestling, on Korean game shows...in addition to her solo career.

Bada slamming pop star rival Chaeyun into the Matt. Bunny Ears FTW.

And just to continue my reputation...this is off her second solo album.
    Thank you for that geritol moment. I remember when S.E.S. was just getting started. Eugene was a second generation from America I met her through a mutual friend we had in the arts. We corresponded off and on until they moved to Japan. They hit it big in Korea but were even more popular in Japan, where they pretty much finished off their career. Last I heard they were doing solo projects and I Eugene was on the Korean show calle X-Man.

Ok...that about ends this segment of useless babbling knowledge.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    4/11/2006 7:13am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108
    lmao...sure...as long as Miguksaram and MSUTKD get one too. Those gentleman know as much as I do, maybe even more. MSUTKD's Korean and Chinese character knowledge far outstrips mine. Miguksaram actually married a Korean...I don't think I have the stamina for that.
    It's not so much stamina as it is tolerance. BTW...that whole passive submissive character about Korean women...IT'S A FUCKING LIE!!!! I had to find out the hard way.....But hey it will be 12 years of learning as of April 16. ;):new_black
    Jeremy M. Talbott

"Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    4/11/2006 7:20am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jones
    I have a question about K Pop. Are they like 10 years behind America's music or something?
    They jump on what is hot in America and milk for all it's worth. A lot of K-pop singers are 2nd generation Koreans from America. Even the groups had a least one person from US...G.O.D., S.E.S., Uptown (all were 2nd/3rd generation Koreans). K-Pop goes through more one hit wonders than we do. However, they get lucky and get stuck on many of the variety and game shows that Korea airs. So their 15 minutes last a bit longer.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2006 8:49am

Style: Yudo, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by miguksaram
    It's not so much stamina as it is tolerance. BTW...that whole passive submissive character about Korean women...IT'S A FUCKING LIE!!!! I had to find out the hard way.....But hey it will be 12 years of learning as of April 16. ;):new_black
    congradulations on 12 years. whole passive submissive thing about all asian women are lie, think of venus fly trap. =p

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    4/11/2006 10:50am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DAYoung
    No wonder you're embracing a philosophy of non-attachment - this version of reality is suffering at its most absurd.
    Yeah, real enlightening, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by DAYoung
    No, no inferiority complex about Whitey here. As for breaking up - I'm sure it was 'creative differences' (the lead vocalist kept stealing the others' cocaine).
    I could never do crack.

I could never do a drug named after a part of my own ass.

Posted On:
    4/11/2006 10:52am

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DropThaBomb
    Yo, I've been reading a few pages of this thread. Tae Kwon Do's been getting the bad rap alot. I'm not trying to defentd it, but back when schools weren't afraid of getting sewd, and back when making money wasn't as big of an issue, TKD wasn't all that bad. If you ever go to Korea and see a TKD fight, they can be just as bloody and brutal as any other fight. There are still a few schools around like that, but not many. Anyway, my point is that the art is not complete ****, but its the teachers teaching it that are complete ****.
    I'm always afraid of getting sewed. Are any of you fellas afraid of getting sewed? I see some bitch coming at me with a needle and thread, and I start trippin', you know what I mean?

Welcome to Bullshido.

Lurk more N00b.

Posted On:
    4/11/2006 10:53am

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jones
    I have a question about K Pop. Are they like 10 years behind America's music or something?
    Depends. Pop is just wack where ever.

Korean does have some of the best underground hip hop of anywhere in the world.

Posted On:
    4/11/2006 10:54am

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TKDer
    shut the **** up before i gong sau you in the face. n00b. :new_2guns
    LMAO!

Posted On:
    4/11/2006 10:59am

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you for that geritol moment.
    Not my fault you're old as balls.

I remember when S.E.S. was just getting started. Eugene was a second generation from America I met her through a mutual friend we had in the arts. We corresponded off and on until they moved to Japan. They hit it big in Korea but were even more popular in Japan, where they pretty much finished off their career. Last I heard they were doing solo projects and I Eugene was on the Korean show calle X-Man.

Ok...that about ends this segment of useless babbling knowledge.
    No ****? You're friends with Eugene?

I met her once at an event I was working security at.

Damn she's short.

Hook a 동생 up, 형!

Posted On:
    4/11/2006 11:01am

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When ever one of my white friends asks for a hook up with a yuj, or I hear some white boy verbalizing his yellow fever (AzN chicks R HAWT!!!)...

I just laugh my ass off...