Evans by KO
    Stevenson by submission
    Leben by KO
    Luke by KO in a WAR
    Burkman by decision
    Koscheck by decision
    Sonnen by Submission
    Dan by decision

a decent card, PirateJon I think Luke vs Von flue is the best fiught on the card

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 3:36pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickJab
    Luke by KO in a WAR

a decent card, PirateJon I think Luke vs Von flue is the best fiught on the card
    I'd pick Jason by decision, and I think it'll be a great fight to watch, but what I was getting at is I don't think that either of them are top-rank fighters. Look at the other guys in that division - Penn, GSP, Hughes, Trigg, Diaz. Even Riggs would be more than either one could handle.

I'd like to have UFC be the top level and leave the still-up-and-coming to the other smaller shows.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 3:56pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well UFC Ultimate fight night is the UFC's talent development tool. A place where up and comers can amke their name before heading off to the PPV cards. Thats White's vision. His goal is to get a weekly live MMA card to develop talent similar to the way young boxers fight on the weekly ESPN2 cards before heading off to HBO or Showtime.

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 7:01am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok where the **** where the rest of the fights? Did I miss something cause I only saw 4 matches and they all pretty much sucked.

Bonnar v. Jardine == Bonner looked TERRIBLE. How can you not check leg kicks? I thought Kieth won 2 to 1.

Rashad Evans v Sam Hoger == Rashad looked great, did good, and couldn't even ding Sam. No power at all.

Stevenson v Neer == Joe looked TERRIBLE. But goddamn Neer is a tough bastard. Stupid to let "something pop" rather than tap, but lots of heart.

Leben v Fioravanti == Chris needs to change from "the crippler" to "the sleeper" cause goddamn he's so fucking boring to watch.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 7:11am

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yea, those were some boring fights. I'm a big fan of Bonnar, but he did not deserve that win. I felt he really didn't control that fight, he just got a few nice hits in and a choke attempt. But the rest of the time he was getting beat on and didn't have control imho.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 8:08am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Phrost and I watched the fights at a bar and had no sound. So I think it is interesting how my impressions of the fights are a lot different than most of yours. I think without Joe "I can't tell the difference between a heel-hook and a kneebar" Rogan's voice influencing my impressions, I ended up with a very different opinion.

Evans V. Rashad- SHould have been a draw, talk about a lot of sound and fury, signifying nothing. Rashad had his hands on Hoger all through that fight, and just could not generate the knockout. Hoger, had many submissions nearly complete, and could not get the job done.

Leben V Luigi- I thought this one was fun. Luigi's only impressive trait was his chin...and even that didn't really get the job done. I liked Leben in this fight.

Stephenson V Neer- This was a good exciting fight. Not a huge showcase of skill, IMO, but two tough bastards banging it out. Lots of position changes, good striking and lots of sub attempts. What more do you want?

Jardine V Bonnar- I loved this one! Bonnar and Jardine wanted to slug it out. Jardine proved to be very hard to take down and has a great chin. Bonnar proved that he can STILL take a punch (although I do wish he'd keep his damn hands up!) and that he is a 3-round fighter. There were backfists, heel kicks, and spinning back kicks, as well as some solid timing and footwork. I agree with the decision. I had scored the fight 30-28 myself, calling round 1 a draw. Jardine really blitzed the last 30 seconds of round three to try to steal it, but I think Bonnar was the busier fighter through rounds 2 and 3 and dictated MOST of the action. Granted it was not by a huge margin, but enough for the win.

I swear, some of you guys won't be satisfied by anything less than a Pride-style spectacle with fireworks, mismatches, and roid monsters speaking like pro wrestlers. I think this was a great card considering that it was free and was mid-level talent.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 10:19am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was ok, but I'm kinda ticked that the two fights I was looking forward to most (jason v Luke and Prangly v sonnon) weren't shown.

I guess they're saving them for some other special or something. Meh.

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 10:22am

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was very disappointed in the whole thing. The fights we saw all went to decisions. And there were some BAD decisions.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 1:04pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bonnar should not have won. Jardine set the pace for the first and the third and did more overall.

Boolsheet protection of a contract guy.
    Not a suprise, where's lindland?

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 1:26pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I felt Bonnar got a gift.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast