3/31/2006 8:40am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Irish McDojo "para-commandos"???

Check it:

http://www.mma-ireland.com/
    See also: www.kyokushinbudokai.org

Here is a site that's gotta smack of Bullshido - lots of claims of training with "para-commandos" - whatever the **** they are - and pictures of people in angry white pajamas with what appear to be underpants on their heads.

The second site even has pix of the alleged dutch marine elite spec ops commando training, which appears to have the participants' faces smeared in boot polish while training in their ordinary white gi's...

I am too embarrassed to even attend this McDojo, for fear the head instructor might smash me - "just like the Tsunami"...
    He obviously ain't switched on Sky News in the past few years, or else he might not have likened his fighting ability to a global disaster that claimed the lives and homes of thousands...
    These people are worrying, very worrying...

Read the following frenzied and adoring quote about their founding grand-master sifu shihan tenth dan choppy-bollocks, or whatever he is:

"In 1963, by way of self-defence, Jon Bluming hospitalised five attackers in the The Hague. One of the five was at deaths door from 10 o'clock in the morning until 3 o'clock in the afternoon. Fortunately, he later recovered. Bluming was later cleared of any charges since he had not started the conflict and had finished it alone. Back at the Dojo we got 80 new members in the old Budokai within days...."

Not even a mention of the evolution of actual MMA, UFC, cage fights, etc.
    Even if these "Budokai" guys weren't busy competing in secret 30-man kumites, they couldn't enter a UFC, lest they leave Tito Ortiz or Chuck Lidell "at death's door"...

Whether one agrees with the advent of the cage fight or not, one thing is certain: painting your face, wearing a fancy-coloured, high-grade dan-belt, and doing years of forms and katas actually results in getting your face punched in in a real fight - as evidenced by the early UFC's - i.e., Pat Smith rugby tackeling that 'ninja' guy with the goatee in, i think, UFC II and elbowing him into unconciousness in a matter of seconds...

Now I couldn't fight my way out of a nunnery, I'm just saying is all...
    Love the site, keep up the good McDojo bustin' work...
    Drunkmonkey,
    Eire

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/31/2006 9:00am

Style: TKD; BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What are you talking about? All I see is Kyokushin, Judo, and MMA. All pretty good stuff in my book.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/31/2006 9:20am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    look closer, my friend... I don't know what MMA you've seen, but they're ain't NONE on that site.
    What they're sayin, to clarify, is that they've studied Kyokushin, Judo, MMA, and cobbled it all together to form this "new" mixed martial art that can smash all opponents, indeed, "like the tsunami"...
    Take a closer look, bud. McDojos are SUPPOSED to be convincing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/31/2006 9:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    xxxxxxx

Posted On:
    3/31/2006 9:41am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    McDojo? Are you sure pissedape? They don't even have enough money to have a regular training venue.

By any chance do you train at a different local school? Kyokushin, judo, boxing, muay thai- even a BJJ blue belt? If was lying about his BJJ qualications wouldn't we be talking purple nurple at least? Full contact sparring-well they were wearing gloves and helmuts in some photos, and that's just not full contact imo- but still? You have made a big claim and i can't find the tsumai or gang of five references you mentioned. Could u post a link directly to them.

"Para-Commandos" is pretty odd haven't heard the term in refer to British Army or Irish paramilitariy units- tho it might be refering to the parachute regiment's pathfinders, or equally to some irish jihaders of either side I'm ignorant of?

Substaniate your **** dude.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    3/31/2006 9:42am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Kihon, or basics, of Kyokushin Budo Kai have evolved through the merger of techniques from many styles and systems. However, the dominant styles practised within this all round fighting system (free-fight) are Kyokushin Karate (at times mistakenly known as 'Kyokushinkai'), Judo, Jiu Jitsu and Sambo. Almost all Te and Keri Waza (hand and foot techniques), Nage Waza (throwing techniques) and Ne Waza techniques (grappling/ground aka. Katame Waza) are allowed and practised with full contact.
    Nothing wrong with that stuff. It's Kyokushin++

Also, you do realise that Jon Bluming studied under Mas Oyama and Kyuzo Mifune right? You'd better STFU now.
    Last edited by Lu Tze; 3/31/2006 10:08am at .

Posted On:
    3/31/2006 9:50am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice troll.

Jon Bluming is a near-legendary old-school badass figure. It's like calling bullshit on Gene Lebell's school. Yeah, he's known to shoot his mouth off a bit, but so do the Gracies.

Bullshido hosts an interview with him here:
    http://www.bullshido.net/modules.php...article&id=179

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    3/31/2006 10:23am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Para-Comandos are a semi-famous Belguim elite/SF unit. Some of their guys died very bravely for the UN in Africa a couple of years back when they literally run out of ammo besieged whilst the rest of the UN contingent (Bangladeshi IIRC) sat by making excuses not to go rescue them. The site also has photos were they went trained with Dutch Marines. Fun training no doubt.
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Posted On:
    3/31/2006 1:13pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was going to go over and try them out. But at the end of the day, its fucking East Wall, the other side of Dublin, so it wouldn't have been the most practical place to train at for me. Did not see one mcdojoish thing about them, whereabouts are you from Drunkmonkey? Have you gone there and seen for yourself?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/02/2006 2:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "The Tsunami - symbol of Kyokushin Budo Kai

The Tsunami symbol used by the International Kyokushin Budokai signifes the willingness to react like water to each and every situation. The practitioner of Kyokushin Budo Kai adjusts and perseveres under all circumstances and when necessary smashes an opponent - just like the Tsunami."

That's what it says on the tin anyway...

http://www.kyokushinbudokai.org/ - click on "what is budokai"

See original post for the five attacker direct quote.

Now of course, i could be wrong, everyone else seems to think it's good stuff.
    i wouldn't be the world's biggest expert, but can anyone really defeat five people in one go? surely not...
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast