Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 7:43pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You forgot the DeSantis! Those are really nice too. Thigh holsters are for SWAT teams and doofuses who want to show off for the other bois at the gun range. They look way too much like sexy gun garfers for me to go anywhere near them. If you're going to go that route, you might as well buy a flashlight and a jumbo bag of Cheetos for Phil. He'll be more impressed and you'll save aboiut 90$.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 11:00pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    woot. I think that link should be stickied for this forum.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 11:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    I forgot to add. If you can afford it, or as soon as you can, get trained by a professional there at your gun club.

That great advice. Seriously, the very first thing I plan to do with my new pistol to go the local rangemaster and pay him for an hour of his time and have him go through everything from loading, firing and cleaning my firearm.

I will look into the training option. Mainly I like to treat this as I do my Martial Art, a lot of time invented to training and using it. I feel that is time well spent.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 11:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGOON
    You forgot the DeSantis! Those are really nice too. Thigh holsters are for SWAT teams and doofuses who want to show off for the other bois at the gun range. They look way too much like sexy gun garfers for me to go anywhere near them. If you're going to go that route, you might as well buy a flashlight and a jumbo bag of Cheetos for Phil. He'll be more impressed and you'll save aboiut 90$.

But Thigh holsters as sooo sexy..... (yeah I'm a big girl)

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 11:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MONGO
    I'll second the professional instruction suggestion and also get a good set of nightsights. Low light shootings are the most common and you should be trained and prepared. I like Heine straight eights but I don't think they are available for your hand gun. Meprolight and Trijicon are good options as well.

Thigh holsters are good, but they are expensive and you really don't need it. I would hold off on all of that **** until you are sure that you want it and you have already purchased a good holster and magazine pouch, I recomend Kramer, Allessi or Milt Sparks but they are expensive. A cheaper alternative is Galco. Good holsters make the gun more comfortable, the more comfortable you are the more likely you will train and carry at all times.

And more training...............

I have a basic pancake holster and mag holder by bagmaster. I fit my pistol well and was very comfortable. It serves for now, till I want to get something better.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 12:38am

supporting member
     Style: na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KageKaze
    I have a basic pancake holster and mag holder by bagmaster. I fit my pistol well and was very comfortable. It serves for now, till I want to get something better.
    I used to carry all day everyday and the expensive holsters make a difference. I would suggest you also get a box of your carry ammo and one time while you are at the range and your gun has been shot a few hundred times with training ammo, shoot a box of your carry ammo through your weapon and make sure it functions well. Different bullet shapes tend to agree with certain guns.

Always make sure your guns are cleaned and liberally lubricated. Too much oil can be like dumping super glue in the action.

I guess you can say that my suggestion is to become a gun nut and learn as much as you can about your weapon. Read and train, its a weapon that can be taken away and used against you if you have not mastered it.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 7:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MONGO
    I used to carry all day everyday and the expensive holsters make a difference. I would suggest you also get a box of your carry ammo and one time while you are at the range and your gun has been shot a few hundred times with training ammo, shoot a box of your carry ammo through your weapon and make sure it functions well. Different bullet shapes tend to agree with certain guns.

Always make sure your guns are cleaned and liberally lubricated. Too much oil can be like dumping super glue in the action.

I guess you can say that my suggestion is to become a gun nut and learn as much as you can about your weapon. Read and train, its a weapon that can be taken away and used against you if you have not mastered it.

Thanks for the advice. I do plan to get a new holster. Especially if I plan to carry.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 10:18am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I picked up a thigh holster, cause its sexy. I read a review on this one that said the one of the Berretta 92 with hold a Baby Eagle very nicely. I don't have the site I bought it from on this computer but it was $10 less then this site.

http://www.ustacticalsupply.com/holsters.shtml

MONGO> Thats the plan. My plan was to use standard ammo (Full metal jacket probably) for regular range shooting and hollowpoint for carry ammo, then squeeze off a clip of the hollow point every once in a while.

BTW any recommendation of ammo brands?

PS. Next Week I'll have pictures.

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 11:26am

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well now that you've got the thigh high holster you'll need all the supporting accessories. You can find them at http://www.revlon.com/ just remember to shave right before you apply the foundation for your drag show, and not the morning of.

Kidding - mostly.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 12:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGOON
    Well now that you've got the thigh high holster you'll need all the supporting accessories. You can find them at http://www.revlon.com/ just remember to shave right before you apply the foundation for your drag show, and not the morning of.

Kidding - mostly.

Your just jealous, cause I am so pretty.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast