221466 Bullies, 3998 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 2:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenJonas
    Self Defense technique training was exactly the same when I was in Kenpo...christ......15 years ago.

Attacker gets into fighting stance.......

Defender gets into neutral stance......

Attacker takes a half moon step with back leg..........

Defender stands motionless while attacker finishes the d3avast4ting attack..........

Attacker unleashes a lead punch with arm that was chambered at the same time as the half moon step is complete.........

Defender still remains motionless due to fact that Attacker "properly" pulls the lead punch of doom just before destroying the Defender's solar plexus.........

Attacker holds punch out waiting to Defender to counter and destroy him with Overkill Technique Number 5...........

Defender moves to the left (outside of attacker's arm) into a perfect cat stance while simultaneously executing an outward block, i.e., block number 1 from blocking form number 1..............

Defender launches a side blade kick of death to attacker’s knee sending attacker to his knees......

Defender then half moons into attacker and executes the dreaded reverse punch into the back of the attacker’s head, followed by a knee into the back of attacker’s head, followed by a neck break maneuver, followed by a malicious throwing of the now dead attacker backward onto his back, followed by a leaping double face split which opens up the theoretically dead attacker’s face pealing the skin to the sides, followed by another reverse punch to the bloody mess of a face between the defender's legs, followed by a completely necessary knee drop onto the attacker's throat.......

the Defender then steps away from the bloody mess, and an almost certain life sentence, and exhales slowly with as much noise and meaning as possible and makes sure the attacker does not leap up, ala, Dawn of the Dead and attack him again.....
    :5obsessed haha, that was great.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 6:21am

Style: Karate (kenpo)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi187
    You cant leave yet, you haven't learned "squeezing the peach" and "prance of the tiger"

:ohyeah:
    Ironically, our school doesn't have names for most of our kenpos or any of the combinations, and it gets a little annoying when your instructor get pissed that you started out with combination 9 and ended up with combination 19. As for katas, well...let's just say if I could go the rest of my life w/o every having to do **** like Statue of the Crane again, I'd be thrilled.

I think I got lucky with my school. No tournaments, sparring is full contact and we have grappling on the weekends. I'd like to know more about Larry Tatum. Granted, he looks like Barry Gibb from the Bee Gees, but he seems legit.

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 7:10am

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who teaches your grappling? Why does your school eschew competition?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 8:14am

Style: whatever it takes

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rattlerbrat
    Ironically, our school doesn't have names for most of our kenpos or any of the combinations, and it gets a little annoying when your instructor get pissed that you started out with combination 9 and ended up with combination 19. As for katas, well...let's just say if I could go the rest of my life w/o every having to do **** like Statue of the Crane again, I'd be thrilled.

I think I got lucky with my school. No tournaments, sparring is full contact and we have grappling on the weekends. I'd like to know more about Larry Tatum. Granted, he looks like Barry Gibb from the Bee Gees, but he seems legit.
    i wanna learn from larry tatum also, seems he is the only one in kenpo id learn anything

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 9:48am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Da SHreDdA
    i wanna learn from larry tatum also, seems he is the only one in kenpo id learn anything

I'm pretty sure there are some Larry Tatum opinions in the bullshido library I've seen a few that pop up now and again....use the search function.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 9:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by badsifu
    He is the KING of Kenpo ground fighting.

There is a video on here somewhere.
    Haha, you're just jealous because your Kajukenbo is weak!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2006 1:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Locu5
    Who teaches your grappling?
    My sensei. *ding*

Why does your school eschew competition?
    Because tournaments don't mean jack ****? Because we don't feel like wasting money just to work as hard as we can and LOSE because someone doesn't like the color of your gi? Gee, that's such a new concept. Our school is so bold and forward in its thinking!

Seriously, don't even bother with the foaming-at-the-mouth discrediting posting. I never claimed to be any kind of grappler. And last I checked, you can roll around and spar with people from other schools without people handing you shiny medals when it's all over.
    Last edited by rattlerbrat; 4/10/2006 1:50am at .

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    4/10/2006 8:06am

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, Mr. Flippant (seriously, are you always this angry when discussing your school/style?). What is your teacher's background in grappling? Does he have, say, a judo ranking?

I think your school does you a disservice by not allowing you to compete. I have never seen a DQ from gi color, so please feel free to point to documentation. It's not about winning, it's about testing yourself against other people who want to beat you, who train to beat you. You hamper your growth by never doing this. Is sparring people from your school and outside your school (assuming realistic sparring rules) good? Yes. But it is not as good and can lead to inbred fighting styles. Rolling around and sparring with people at other schools can lead to a false sense of accomplishment; you have to take an honest look at the skill level of the people you are sparring and accept that the intent to really beat you is not there like it is in competition. Besides, unless you test your grappling against other grapplers of your experience level, from other schools, you will never know if you are a crappler.

Would you be open to coming to a Throwdown?

The Couch Ninja

Posted On:
    4/10/2006 4:46pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by badsifu
    He is the KING of Kenpo ground fighting.

There is a video on here somewhere.

Here it is

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32676

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2006 1:56am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Locu5
    Ok, Mr. Flippant (seriously, are you always this angry when discussing your school/style?).
    Amazing. I say "kenpo" and you automatically assume "male". Good to see I know what kind of person I'm dealing with here.

I think does you a disservice by not allowing you to compete.
    And you are...who?

Blahblahblah I watched UFC 8 and I'm a grappling expert blahblahblah Gracie blahblahblah you suck blahblahblah and I have 20 plastic trophies from Bill's Skewl of Ninjer Death and Hair Salon blahblahblah
    Gotcha.

Would you be open to coming to a Throwdown?
    Seeing that I clearly said that I don't consider myself a grappler, (I can type that slower if you need me to), I'd come to be a spectator, ask questions and hopefully learn a thing or two. But if you just need to beat someone up for the hell of it, I'll send you a bill. Whatever makes you feel like a man. Let's just get this all out of the way. You are teh bestist graplur EVAH!!11 and I'm pretty sure you could pin me with your balls. Happy now?
    Last edited by rattlerbrat; 4/11/2006 1:58am at .
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast