Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 10:07am

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Da SHreDdA
    the whole choking out **** isnt to healthy, so while training i will be choked out so they gotta wake me up?

Number of times i have gone out from a choke: 1

Number of times I've taped to a choke: more then I care to count.

As long as YOU are not an idiot and tap you should never get choked out.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 10:14am

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the whole choking out **** isnt to healthy, so while training i will be choked out so they gotta wake me up?
    You don't get choked out unless you don't tap. My recommendation? Tap.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 10:15am

Style: whatever it takes

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FictionPimp
    Number of times i have gone out from a choke: 1

Number of times I've taped to a choke: more then I care to count.

As long as YOU are not an idiot and tap you should never get choked out.
    whats that like going out from a choke? and y did it happen?

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 10:17am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not if you tap out in time. I've only once seen someone choked all the way out in class, though it does happen every so often in competition.

Though unpleasant, it's actually not particularly dangerous as long as they let go when you go limp. There's never been a choking death in Judo as far as I know, and there's no evidence of any detrimental long term effects.
    Last edited by PointyShinyBurn; 4/06/2006 10:23am at .

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 10:18am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MistaKickz
    Not sure how long you've been researching on the best Kenpo system but, to your knowledge, which is the best one?
    MINE! Actually all kidding aside, none of them. Well at least none of the "systems" of Kempo. There's some great kempo instructors, and good schools out there, but they usually alter the system to make it more effective, and introduce alot of live application and sparring that isn't indicitave of a typical Kempo school.

It seems that there are only renegade-type instructors in every branch of Ke?po that train you how to fight in a proper fashion. The rest fall into a dogmatic belief that practicing Kata and doing compliant LARPing-like partner drills will make you into a warrior. Point in case, from the other thread, we have Clyde from American Kenpo who seems to push the envelope and keep it real within his organization.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 10:21am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KempoFist
    MINE! Actually all kidding aside, none of them. Well at least none of the "systems" of Kempo. There's some great kempo instructors, and good schools out there, but they usually alter the system to make it more effective, and introduce alot of live application and sparring that isn't indicitave of a typical Kempo school.

It seems that there are only renegade-type instructors in every branch of Ke?po that train you how to fight in a proper fashion. The rest fall into a dogmatic belief that practicing Kata and doing compliant LARPing-like partner drills will make you into a warrior. Point in case, from the other thread, we have Clyde from American Kenpo who seems to push the envelope and keep it real within his organization.
    my experience with kenpo was not fun at all...

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 10:23am

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was in a triangle, frustrated, and a noobie (technically I still am a noob). I knew I was in trouble, but I was so freaking sure I could escape. My head felt like it was going to pop and then I heard a whine/rushing sound and a few people were standing over me laughing. I got up, got a water, had a massive head ache for about 5-6 minutes, then started rolling again.

Personally, I think you will find chokes are not that bad, now by contrast, noobies and joint locks suck bad. I've had noobies elbow me in the face while trying to do armlocks from the mount, and I've had noobies slam on locks like they were trying to rip my arm off while drilling. I'd rather go out then get my arm broke anyday.

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 10:24am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's like passing out, or falling asleep real quickly. The last thing you remember is the feeling of your face getting really warm/hot, then it's lights out. Nothing painful or anything. I had a purple belt training with me, and he let me get him into every lock and choke imaginable just so he could show me how to get out. Then he slipped up ( a little overconfident) and I caught him in the triangle. Well he wasn't about to let some 2 month white belt tap him out. So he toughed it out, and before I knew it I had the rest of the class coaching me on how to better my position so I could finish him. But even with me on my side, clenching his neck, and pulling his head down with both hands he wouldn't tap. Finally I tired out, and he moved up and choked me out with a gi choke. The rest of the class, even the higher belts were astonished that he didn't tap....

...when I asked him how he didn't tap, and how I didn't finish him, he confessed I knocked him out twice but he came to fast enough that I didn't notice. Tough mother fucker...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 10:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    also it seems to me larry t atum would be the pnly guy id train under if i wanted to learn kenpo

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 10:30am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey nothings worse than getting KO'd by a knee to the face....god damn that **** sucks.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast