The r34l Drunken Jiu Jitsu

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 4:30pm

supporting member
     Style: _razilian _iu _itsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Da SHreDdA
    kenpo is a waste of time, 3 months was all it took.

hour classes where 30 min of it was warming up, then the rest of the class doing air punching and kicking...

im all set, if im gonna train i wanna train! and for 85 a month im not getting what i feel is a complete workout or skill training...

so as of now, maybe ill take kenpo later in life but for now im considering a judo class for grappling and boxing/kickboxing for striking

any ideas or for that matter when do you realize kenpo is bullshit

This is practically identical to the BJJ doesn't work thread that popped up today... only slightly more polite.
    :google:

Number of bottles of beer downed by me and my girlfriend within a half hour while playing the Channel 7 "how many times will they say 'snow' game" during the "Blizzard of '06": 3.5 each.

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 5:00pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Judo is still grappling.

It's focus isn't always necessarily in groundfighting though.

Personally I see nothing wrong with boxing/kickboxing taken w/ Judo. No matter what the school the chances are its a drastic improvement over what you were taking before.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 8:42pm

Style: whatever it takes

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KempoFist
    Out of curiousity which branch of Kenpo did you train in? I'm keeping a tally to figure out what the exact percentage of Ke?po is bull. Was it under the Parker system?
    nick cerios...

also id like to add, the main instructor knew his ****, he was good! but he didnt teach , he jus ran it and showed things when he peaked in and out, he did the initial training and i was impressed to the point where this is what i was gonna learn...but after 3 days of him i was fed to 2 overweight females who r brown belts showing techniques and a black belt instructor who was handpicked from the main cat who knew his **** but was eh....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 9:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i fucking hate kenpo and i hate kata and short forms!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 7:27am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    nick cerios...
    I studied cerio's when I was in high school, got to blue belt before leaving for college. Point Sparring, kata, extremely unrealistic SD, got to learn a cool nunchuk form though....at least it was cool when I was 16.

If your instructors good, you may be able to speak with him after class and let him know what your goals are, he may ...........actually, screw that, go take some Thai, Boxing, and Kickboxing class and/or some grappling if you want some active resistance and want to learn how to fight and take a punch.

Quote Originally Posted by elipson
    You, sir, are an idiot.
    Nuh uh!! Your mom is.......anyway, YES Judo is "grappling", but some schools focus more on the nage (throws and take downs) since that is often the quickest way to end the competition matches. However, if you take a Judoka and a BJJ guy of equal skill in their respective arts and have them grapple to submission, my money is on Mr. BJJ...so long as his shoulder does not get separated from the suinage (sp?) he will have to endure in getting to the ground.......to grapple.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 9:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenJonas
    I studied cerio's when I was in high school, got to blue belt before leaving for college. Point Sparring, kata, extremely unrealistic SD, got to learn a cool nunchuk form though....at least it was cool when I was 16.

If your instructors good, you may be able to speak with him after class and let him know what your goals are, he may ...........actually, screw that, go take some Thai, Boxing, and Kickboxing class and/or some grappling if you want some active resistance and want to learn how to fight and take a punch.

Nuh uh!! Your mom is.......anyway, YES Judo is "grappling", but some schools focus more on the nage (throws and take downs) since that is often the quickest way to end the competition matches. However, if you take a Judoka and a BJJ guy of equal skill in their respective arts and have them grapple to submission, my money is on Mr. BJJ...so long as his shoulder does not get separated from the suinage (sp?) he will have to endure in getting to the ground.......to grapple.
    i just cant believe they would have 2 brownbelts basically run teh class...they had a black belt instructor command us what to do and the brown belts made sure we did **** correct and to be honest it felt half assed and even tho i was white belt, the higher ranking students were *****

i might try to find a bjj school , i kno i wanna hit a boxing gym...

not to sound ***** myself but some reason when i think about judo and BJJ i think im gonna die while training , like not wake up from a choke or break my neck on a throw...im paranoid bout that ****

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 9:31am

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're not going to die. Although BJJers on here talk alot of ****, deep down inside they are soft and mushy and only want you to succeed......or maybe they just want to kill you. I could be wrong.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 9:39am

Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Out of curiousity which branch of Kenpo did you train in? I'm keeping a tally to figure out what the exact percentage of Ke?po is bull. Was it under the Parker system?
    Not sure how long you've been researching on the best Kenpo system but, to your knowledge, which is the best one?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 9:46am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're not going to die. Although BJJers on here talk alot of ****, deep down inside they are soft and mushy and only want you to succeed......or maybe they just want to kill you. I could be wrong.
    the whole choking out **** isnt to healthy, so while training i will be choked out so they gotta wake me up?

The Couch Ninja

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 9:48am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i fucking hate kenpo and i hate kata and short forms!
    You cant leave yet, you haven't learned "squeezing the peach" and "prance of the tiger"

:ohyeah:
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast