Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 1:11am

Style: ASU Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aikido rocks. You are all small people with small tinsey little mean minds.

resident sick ****

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 1:22am

Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I already posted this as an april fools joke. Let me tell you what happened when I posted on that thread. I told the posters of AIkiweb that they could philosphize about their art or they could come to a bullshido throwdown and prove that it works. Guess what happened? They deleted the 8 posts that I had and banned me. Fictionpimp you've been in Aikido longer than I have. Can you explain the logic behind banning me because I told them to shut up and prove their art works instead of being a bunch of philosophers.

That guy is proabably responding to what I said when I told him to go to a BJJ school and video tape the effectiveness of his horse stance. I repeatley told him to PROVE IT!!!.

Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 2:42am

supporting member
     Style: n/a (ex-Karate)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jones
    ...being a bunch of philosophers.
    That's awfully unkind to philosophers.
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 4:08am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DAYoung
    That's awfully unkind to philosophers.
    Seriously.

I just whored a dude in a debate on another MA site on how 99% of martial arts teachers are not qualified to say a damn thing about "martial philosophy" or any such nonsense.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 4:10am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BSONE
    Aikido rocks. You are all small people with small tinsey little mean minds.
    But my cock is ginormous!

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 7:42am

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jones
    Fictionpimp you've been in Aikido longer than I have. Can you explain the logic behind banning me because I told them to shut up and prove their art works instead of being a bunch of philosophers.

No more then I can explain ATA tkd grappling, Chi videos, WC antigrapples, and all the other crap out there. I guess its a group hive mind cult mentality. You see it in ever art to some extent, but in an art with so many people focused on being so mental (they are almost like hybrid car owners from south park) you see a great dislike of things that they KNOW are problems. Every aikidoka has to know their strenghts and weakness. I mean when you are doing techniques and failing consistantly at the dan level on no resistant opponents you should know these things just are not going to be useful in a fight. I've gone to schools where i was the only non dan rank in the place. Everyone had at least 10 more years of training then I had. I'd still watch these guys failing at techniques on me. Sure they work on the 'good uke'. But they didn't work on me. I was told 'I didn't commit enough, or I didn't take the fall'. It took them a while to understand that if you want me to fall, you better dump me on my ass. Otherwise I'm going to stand there and look at you. This is especially true if you are higher rank then I am.

Just last night, I was told that the reason aikido doesn't work in competition is because competition fighters do not commit like they would in a real attack. This is another example of someone who knows the truth blinding themselves from it. This comes from a guy who has trained in jiujitsu and judo and now trains only in aikido. They just want to belive so badly that they can't handle being reminded of the truth they already know (which is that you have to fight to be able to fight).

But again, aikido is not about combat to this guy, its about learning a better way to live your life. This means aikido is a religion or quasi-religion. Can you convice christians there is no god? You can not reason with a religion. By definition you must have faith in a religion, thus you can not question a religion. Aikido is a religion, this is what i'm discovering, and I'm finding I dont like what I see. I got into the martial arts to be a better person. This means I want to be in shape, gain mental focus, etc. But aikido (not all styles, but the post war styles which is what I would call aikido) is about living your daily life more then it is about defending yourself. These people are using this as a way to feel more confident and better about themselves. To feel they are full of life and energy and can control their own fate. Its a spirital empowerment (or a superiority empowerment like south park and hybrid cars). The martial aspect is taught as a means to help build the spirital, and not as martial technique. But what would it mean if the martial techniques didn't work? It would mean a flaw in great O'Sensi. This is not in line with the beliefs. Its like if we had 100% proof of evolution and showed it to a christian. They will look at it, find a reason why (perhaps say god put it there as a test of their faith) and then go back to their happy life. That is post war aikido. The most common aikido. Pre-war aikido is not as bad, but it has the same traps to fall into if your not careful.

:bowdown:

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 7:56am

Style: JJ of the B variety

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The guy on aiki web totally misses the point of his own art. Aikido does not help in 99% of grappling sitautions. Once you are clinched or grappling, you have failed to do aikido.

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 8:01am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FictionPimp
    No more then I can explain ATA tkd grappling, Chi videos, WC antigrapples, and all the other crap out there. I guess its a group hive mind cult mentality. You see it in ever art to some extent, but in an art with so many people focused on being so mental (they are almost like hybrid car owners from south park) you see a great dislike of things that they KNOW are problems. Every aikidoka has to know their strenghts and weakness. I mean when you are doing techniques and failing consistantly at the dan level on no resistant opponents you should know these things just are not going to be useful in a fight. I've gone to schools where i was the only non dan rank in the place. Everyone had at least 10 more years of training then I had. I'd still watch these guys failing at techniques on me. Sure they work on the 'good uke'. But they didn't work on me. I was told 'I didn't commit enough, or I didn't take the fall'. It took them a while to understand that if you want me to fall, you better dump me on my ass. Otherwise I'm going to stand there and look at you. This is especially true if you are higher rank then I am.
    Sounds like a suck ass dojo to me if the blackbelts can't do a technique, especially after ten years.

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 8:44am

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless Ukemi
    Sounds like a suck ass dojo to me if the blackbelts can't do a technique, especially after ten years.
    I've been to the chicago aikiki and seen the same thing. Its not just one dojo, its every post war dojo i've been too (I've never been to a pre-war aikido dojo). The simple fact is without the good uke their helpless.

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 8:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FictionPimp
    I've been to the chicago aikiki and seen the same thing. Its not just one dojo, its every post war dojo i've been too (I've never been to a pre-war aikido dojo). The simple fact is without the good uke their helpless.

They just don't know how to put the pressure on the right joints. There are a few dojos in my area, and the best one is the aikikai - post war one. If one of the higher ranking guys is throwing you, you can try to be a bad uke, but it's just gonna get you seriously hurt. I speak from experience and I weigh enough to really put the brakes on someone if I don't want to follow a technique. I will never again try to fight out of a sankyo or a shihonage with certain guys.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast