Thread: Is the UFC Bullshido?
4/05/2006 9:17am, #41
4/05/2006 9:31am, #42
Haha, wc;dr. Yay, a new catchphrase captured in the wild.
4/05/2006 9:44am, #43
- Join Date
- Jul 2004
Phrost, your avatar is so hypnotic. I wish it came with sound. I wanna hear the sissy scream.Who, for Pete’s sake! Is opposing science? In fact, we want MORE science by CRITICALLY ANALIZING the evidence-Connie Morris, Kansas State BOE (bolding and underlining part of original quote, red is my emphasis)
As long as you try to treat your subjective experiences as if they were objective experiences, you will continue to be confounded by people who disagree with you.-some guy on an internet messageboard
4/05/2006 10:09am, #44
Oh jeebus. By all means, let's trot out the claim that the monk would be killing people if he hit them. Are people really that ignorant about how much it can take to shut a human being down? ESPECIALLY without weapons? "Oh, I can tell those hits would've connected"...well so fucking what? If the tool is pulling his shots, we don't really know how effective they are, now do we?
****, this argument is giving ME a seizure, and I'm a shitty fighter...
4/05/2006 10:28am, #45
What the hell are you and Dagon talking about. Let us look at rule sets:
The following are not permitted:
1. Excessive force or any malicious action with the intent to cause damage to the opponent.
2. Strikes with elbow, knee, or head.
3. Punching, Kicking or chopping to the opponent's head or neck.
4. Uncontrolled swinging punches.
5. Repeatedly pushing and shoving an opponent out of the ring, causing a stoppage in the action.
6. Kicking to the groin or any part of the leg.
7. Holding on to opponent with both hands without executing a technique.
8. There is not to be wrestling or grappling. Takedowns and joint locks are not allowed.
9. Pulling or grappling any of the opponent's articles of clothes.
10. Use of Foul language, gestures or verbal threat toward the opponent or another person.
2) Head - The sides and front of the head covered by the head protector shall be open to moderate contact for the Advanced Division only. In the Intermediate Division the face may be aimed at, but no contact is allowed. The back of the head and neck shall not be attacked nor aimed at.
3) Attacking the back or back of the opponentís head intentionally
4) Attacking the opponentís face severely with hands or fist
1. Back and top of the head
3. Neck and throat
4. Entire knee and knee joint
5. Groin the leg only
6. Inside of thigh
7. Shin, other than to check
1. Knee strikes 8. Floor or ground fighting
2. Elbow strikes 9. Groin Strikes
3. Finger strikes 10. Open hand strikes to the face
4. Take-downs or throws 11. Sweeps to the opponent’s back leg or sweeps that attempt both legs of an
5. Joint locking or breaking attempts opponent.
6. Head butts 12. Dangerous blind attempts at spinning hand or foot strikes.
Wow so let me get this straight. UFC favored (notice past tense) grapplers. Damn near every type of TMA competition (K-1 to point sparing) favors striking. WTF??
UFC and few others are the only ones that at least try to find a balance between the different ranges.
A pure striker will not win at NAGA. A pure grappler will not win at The 40th Annual AKA Grand Nationals.
This argument makes no sense.
Last edited by It is Fake; 4/05/2006 10:34am at .
4/05/2006 1:36pm, #46
- Join Date
- Dec 2005
- DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)
Is It Fake??: Holy ****! Those rules suck 100 times worse. Why did you think I would like them at all? Don't pull me into that!
Jettatore: At first I thought you were an idiot and then you posted that video. Then I realized you were just a troll. Can you trolls not put _ing _un in your style field? You make the semi-retarded look downright retarded by association.
AnnaTrocity:...should let the athletes that compete in the sport decide how limiting a ruleset is to them... These little rules really just dont make that much differance in the majority of the fights, the people who are winning now would still be winning and they'd be doing it pretty much the same way.
It's like groin strikes. If you know someone is going for your balls, you'll stand a little differently (higher, legs tighter). I like that part of the strategizing element.
JohnnyCache: Headbutts could go either way. I think in earlier days grapplers seemed to use them more, and now I think strikers might be able to use them more since there is more standup/running into each other. "Their removal favors the more conditioned of a pair of fighters, not strikers or grapplers." Definately true. And cut doctors, which is who I first said the rule most favors since I see this rule as about equal or favoring strikers if they get to stay on the ground more.
Dagon Akujin... clearing the air since.... today?
4/05/2006 1:42pm, #47
Originally Posted by DropThaBombRead this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.
- Join Date
- Oct 2005
- Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia
My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.
New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.
t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.
The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
4/05/2006 2:00pm, #48
How can you have a fighting tournament without actions intended to do damage towards the opponent...
4/05/2006 2:18pm, #49Originally Posted by Phrost
I have to agree. Every time I watch UFC with just about anyone, they always get pissed when the fight goes to the ground. "This is boring, stand them up." "I want to see someone get knocked the **** out!" Most people who watch this stuff are ignorant and can't even tell why someone tapped if the submission is not a blatantly obvious RNC or arm bar.
4/05/2006 2:32pm, #50
even during Kat's last fight when she and her opponent were struggling on the ground (before she got mounted) everyone was sshouting "STAND THEM UP!"Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm