Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: hi

Style
    Taekwondo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

hi

hi guys, I came to this site for advice and to possibly share some too. I am 16 years old, and have been doin taekwondo for 5 years, i am a red belt which is one belt off black. Recently I have began to study other styles and have found a wing chun and a judo school, which would be more worthwhile?
    thanks!

P.S. Should i do both???

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I, and most posters on this site, would recommend Judo, it is enormously more consistent in standard, and has a more proven combat strategy. Which specific schools are you looking at, and what do you hope to get out of your training?

Style
    Taekwondo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    same as Bruce Lee, to try and be the best martial artist i can be, explore styles, train to be the best of fighters, understand martial arts, fitness , self defence, and to explore enough martial arts to create my own which has no flaws

thats my top aim! i'm only fifteen and workout everyday so have plenty of time, i can also afford to do both but, karate, boxing, judo and wing chun are the only possibilities for me!

thanks again!

Bullshido's Greatest Ninja staff
    Style
    Kuso shite shinezo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TKD 1z teh gr34tn3s+ !!!!LOLBBQ!!!!1

PS. Just do Judo.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Judo and Boxing are both excellent, and in addition complement each other very well. Which style of Karate does the school you're considering teach?

Style
    Taekwondo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    shotokan, i can only do two at once, views on wing chun?

Style
    Taekwondo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pl4zM4
    TKD 1z teh gr34tn3s+ !!!!LOLBBQ!!!!1

PS. Just do Judo.
    what does 1z teh gr34tn3s+ !!!!LOLBBQ!!!!1? is it a coded insult to taekwondo? don't worry i don't mind I am getting bored with it, but what does it mean?

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The vast majority of Wing Chun schools are terrible, they teach punching mechanics that don't work, and a combat strategy that defies reality. If you use this forum's search function you will find many, long explanations of its faults. Some schools are good, but they are in the tiny minority.

Most Shotokan schools don't fight effectively, and do not regard that as their primary purpose. A minority will spar full contact and teach effective fighting, but even there you will have to learn a lot of kata of limited practical application.

You should really visit all the schools and see how you like them, rather than listening to what I think, but if you're looking to learn to fight then you should be looking for schools that spar often, and hard.

Watch this video: http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...50760833041053

EDIT: Don't worry about pl4zma, he's just being an arse. TKD is generally not highly regarded on this forum, and he thinks he's funny.

Bullshido's Greatest Ninja staff
    Style
    Kuso shite shinezo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am mean and through that I am funny

Style
    Muso Shinden Ryu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wing chun sucks. Do judo. And boxing too. Then go to the wing chun school, jab the chain punching wussies into submission, then osotogari them and finish off with an armbar.

Take lots of pictures of their mewling faces. And maybe we'll ask Omega to go easy on you, no0b.
    --
    L.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last