Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 9:09pm

Style: gongfu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Villain
    The point I'm trying to make is that your choice in weaponry is ridiculous.

Whaddya mean?? I dig those two myself . .. and you put shueiken in the saame catagory ??? I luv those things, but as far I as I see, they're just another dimension of close quarter empty hand freeforming!!..??..! ? ... oh.. you actually plan to throow them.. :) lol ... sounds .. illegal. Anyway, just because you cant use them , it doesnt mean it's not fun anyway and you shouldn't train them right??

Maybe an nhb all style larping dojo / tournie + padds n protection wouldn't not be cool... like bladerunner or something .. cept no-one dies
    Last edited by Blooming lotus; 4/04/2006 9:16pm at .

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 9:15pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma
    As far as I remember, Kagekaze carries around throwing stars for self-defense.

I for one will be totally supportive of the appointment of someone with such a realistic attitude towards weaponry as weapon mod.
    I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. Sarcasmometer is on the fritz.

Quote Originally Posted by The Villain
    You DO see the problem here, right? Perhaps a visual aid:

LOL.

Vote: SFGoon and/or Don Gwinn. I always make a point of reading any post they make on a gun thread.
    :new_all_c

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 9:18pm

Style: gongfu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You dont climb walls with those things ... you peel ppl's flesh off ... in nice curly potatoe skin like shreds... unless you had to that is.

christ .. trust reality to take the fun out of it.

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 9:20pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KageKaze
    How is that different, then doing it with swords (Kendo) or sticks (kali)?
    *ahem*
    Aesopian,

If really thing some "special program" is going to help you defend against a knife, then you are full of ****. You learn by fighting with knife. If you know a good way to do that without ending in death then propose one. As DerAuslander said, we are moving to more of a Dog Brother's gathering for our weapons sparring. If you think you can do better, come to the Mega Throwdown this summer, and I will be happy to knife spar with you.

Until then, your opinion is worth **** to me.
    I actually agree. We started far apart and it did end up like a fencing match, which isn't bad in my opinion. Next time, I think you have good idea. DerAuslander, lets start in grappling range next time. I think we will get some more realistic results.

Then Mav and his college buddy can show up X-block again. Hehehehe.
    I call it knife sparring or KumiTachi (Coming together standing). However Knife Tag would be appropiate.

I do disagree with you though, I do think that is an apt training drill. However, I would to expirement with starting in grappling range with draw blades or with the blades still on our belts.
    However, as with grappling, MMA, knife dueling, there is an element that can help you if ever attack in "teh Str33t." Even if it just to put your under pressure.

The End.
    I stand by those posts 100%.

I going to knock off this thread. The conversion hasn't gone anyway for a long time.

KageKaze and DerAuslander think knife sparring is a good way to train using and defending against a knife

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 9:24pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whoa now. I wasn't planning on anyone being added to mod this forum.

I usually use the rule of thumb that you need one moderator for every 300ish posts in a forum, per day. And this forum is nowhere near that. The grappling forum is an exception to this because there is just way too much crappling discussion on the internet and we want this forum to be a showcase against that.

What we do need is people to actively post in these new sub forums if they have specific experience in those areas. I'm sure Kaze will be contributing a lot towards the discussion of traditional weapons and such here, and that's what we need at the moment to get these new forums kicked off and running.

If at some point in the future there's a need for a specific person or persons to help guide the forum beyond the existing staff, the criteria for this person will likely be:

1. Substantial subject matter expertise.
    2. Substantial contributions to forum discussions here and a general understanding of moderator tools.
    3. Training that includes actively hitting people and/or being hit with the weapons in question or the nearest simulation of doing as possible so as to include aliveness, and first-hand experience in the weapons in actual use.

Obviously you can't run around shooting people, so military/law enforcement/shooting instructor experience will cover firearms. As far as melee weapons (lol D&D term) go, I think The ARMA guys and the Dog Brothers are on the right track as far as that's concerned.

But whether or not anyone in particular meets these requirements is mostly irrelevant. We're not at the point yet when it's needed. Not even close.

Now if we start getting AR-15.com type traffic here, we'll revisit the idea.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 9:45pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    Whoa now. I wasn't planning on anyone being added to mod this forum.

I usually use the rule of thumb that you need one moderator for every 300ish posts in a forum, per day. And this forum is nowhere near that. The grappling forum is an exception to this because there is just way too much crappling discussion on the internet and we want this forum to be a showcase against that.

What we do need is people to actively post in these new sub forums if they have specific experience in those areas. I'm sure Kaze will be contributing a lot towards the discussion of traditional weapons and such here, and that's what we need at the moment to get these new forums kicked off and running.

If at some point in the future there's a need for a specific person or persons to help guide the forum beyond the existing staff, the criteria for this person will likely be:

1. Substantial subject matter expertise.
    2. Substantial contributions to forum discussions here and a general understanding of moderator tools.
    3. Training that includes actively hitting people and/or being hit with the weapons in question or the nearest simulation of doing as possible so as to include aliveness, and first-hand experience in the weapons in actual use.

Obviously you can't run around shooting people, so military/law enforcement/shooting instructor experience will cover firearms. As far as melee weapons (lol D&D term) go, I think The ARMA guys and the Dog Brothers are on the right track as far as that's concerned.

But whether or not anyone in particular meets these requirements is mostly irrelevant. We're not at the point yet when it's needed. Not even close.

Now if we start getting AR-15.com type traffic here, we'll revisit the idea.
    Sounds good. I will be posting in this forum. Mainly cause of my Traditional Weapons background and I am still learning about firearms.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 9:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuma-Gorath
    *ahem*
    Congrats you can use the search function.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 9:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blooming lotus
    You dont climb walls with those things ... you peel ppl's flesh off ... in nice curly potatoe skin like shreds... unless you had to that is.

christ .. trust reality to take the fun out of it.
    Shut the **** up. Leave the armory....

Competition Team Tag...yes?

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 10:11pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, DBMA, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm just glad that a weapons specific forum exists for the nutjobs like myself. I'm hoping we can quash any stupid fuckers who post here quickly and ruthlessly. And I promise to ridicule, humiliate, flame, insult and otherwise harass any folks who post weapons bullshido...with the same unfettered glee with which I harass baofuhaibo on pretty much any of his threads.

Aloha, Poi
    Kuha'o - Kela - Koa

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 10:15pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds like a good plan, and BTW I love your avatar.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast