Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... Last
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Clinton, TN
    Posts
    133
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Does anyone here have any idea at all what traditional karate is?

    I have heard all kinds of references to TMA or traditional karate on here, often with attached video clips showing some really stupid example of what traditional karate is supposed to be about, and you know what ... so far ... none of you even have a clue! Talk about bullshido!!!

    The exmples you all are so fond of, and keep regurgitating ,are nothing more than examples of bullshit, hollywood, air-karate, sissy crap. None of the people pictured in those examples would know a traditional karate practitioner if one came up and knocked them flat on the collective asses. They would not last five minutes in my dojo, even less in my instructor's dojo.

    None of the faggots in those examples would know kotekitai from a makiwara! I am damn sure they don't practice kotekitai ... and a karate dojo without a makiwara in serious use is nothing more than a dance school.

    However, it there is anyone on here at all, who thinks they have even a glimmer ... anything factual at all ... about training in traditional karate as a fighting art .... please step up!

    Otherwise, go back to your own threads and while away the time making fun of all the sissified, milk-toast, air-karate wannabes you want to. However, just don't lie to yourselves, thinking that that bullshit you are constantly poking fun at is karate!!

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    616
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren San
    a karate dojo without a makiwara in serious use is nothing more than a dance school.
    whereas karate dojos with makiwaras in serious use train young ladies in both grace and deportment!

  3. #3
    Shuma-Gorath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,607
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren San
    ... and a karate dojo without a makiwara in serious use is nothing more than a dance school.
    Or, you know, we could have joined the 21st century and started using heavybags.

  4. #4
    DerAuslander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,449
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hikite anyone?

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Clinton, TN
    Posts
    133
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuma-Gorath
    Or, you know, we could have joined the 21st century and started using heavybags.
    We could ... except they do not give you the same results.

    The results and the intent are very different!

    Certainly ... use the heavy bag if you want to. I never would argue against adding a new element to your training if it helps you improve the power in your technique.

    However, you simply will not get the same results you would get from training on the makiwara.

    Choosing one over the other is kind of like choosing skipping rope over weight training.
    Last edited by Darren San; 4/04/2006 3:55pm at .

  6. #6
    Cassius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,038
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How about you provide sources and information to enlighten us, since we are all apparently so misinformed. Seems like it would be more productive than the flaming that's going to take place instead of productive discussion.

    Or, you know, you could just flip out some more and then use this thread's inevitable descent into trollshido as an excuse to storm off the site in a big huff.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Clinton, TN
    Posts
    133
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo Bean
    How about you provide sources and information to enlighten us, since we are all apparently so misinformed.
    Certainly...

    How about some hands on experience.

    You are not too far from Champaign, Illinois. We are having a training session at Parkland College in Champaign on April 28 & 29. You can even attend as my guest. I can promise you that you will not be treated by us the same way I have been treated by most posters here on Bullshido.net.

    Who knows! You may even get to "kick some TMA" ass!


    P.S. I promise not to storm off in a "big huff."

  8. #8
    Cassius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,038
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren San
    Certainly...

    How about some hands on experience.

    You are not too far from Champaign, Illinois. We are having a training session at Parkland College in Champaign on April 28 & 29. You can even attend as my guest. I can promise you that you will not be treated by us the same way I have been treated by most posters here on Bullshido.net.

    Who knows! You may even get to "kick some TMA" ass!
    Excuse me? You made a post saying that makiwara does not do the same thing as a heavy bag (and in fact is so far removed from it that comparing it to a heavy bag is like comparing weight lifting to skipping rope) and now I have to drive 6 hours to Champaign to fight you?

    You say that we don't know traditional Karate from McDojo bullshit. That is a claim. The burden of proof is on you.

    I simply suggested that you provide sources or a demonstration for Bullshido's viewing pleasure to make this thread more than a useless rant full of flaming. Pardon me if I came off harsher than I meant to.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Clinton, TN
    Posts
    133
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry! Of course, I wish I could invite everyone as my guest but ... I can't . My pockets aren't quite that deep. I will just have to trust that you would report back to your cronies honestly on what you participated in.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    616
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    do you train alive, with full contact, at multiple ranges of combat?

Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO