Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 12:35pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the validity of a statement is struck null and void when the person making the assertion uses the clause 'If you disagree with me, I am correct.'

If this is your true feelings then I would suggest better crafting your statements to avoid falling into this particular trap.

But that's just me.

TKD

"Looks like a duck, walks like a duck, smells like dog poop!"

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 12:45pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm really going to stop feeding this troll, but I just want to correct a couple of things here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mansfield
    AHHH !!! School owner, Thanks for helping prove my theory about this site.:wave:
    I'm not a school owner, 'my school' in this context meant 'the school I attend'.
    Name dropping, why don't you just post your certificate on the site that'll help convince me that you're not a McDojo.
    I'm certainly not a McDojo, firstly because I'm not a building, but a man, and secondly because I don't teach anyone. I have no certficicates because I'm a white belt.
    Thanks again for helping me prove my Theory:wave:
    all you lay persons out there!, they're always trying to recruit you on here,

P.S.How long have you been working for the Gracie McDojo franchise?:owneddanc
    The fact that this man seriously felt able to put the owned smiley in there is a burning indictment of the Canadian education system.

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 1:01pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TKD Black Belt = Product of Canadian Education System

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 1:04pm

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Once again, thanks for the help. Why are you trying to change the subject?:blob1:
    First off, I don't do BJJ or GJJ. So I'm not trying to sell it.

Second, you are an idiot.

Third, that you say you do boxing and JJ, but list TKD as your style, leaves me confused.

Fourth, you really are an idiot.

Fifth, there are a lot of BJJ guys here because this site has a bias toward MMA, and BJJ is the best art that works in that sport. Is there a problem there?

Sixth, I'm pissed at you for taking this thread over so that we are no longer talking about whether crazy old patriarchs should be able to spout their crazy ****. I think they should. You might disagree about the level of respect owed to the old guys (in your chosen art or not).

Seventh, STFU.

Eighth, you are a fucking idiot.

Dagon Akujin :gwbdance:

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 1:09pm

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And you piss your wife off by trying to have sex with her once a month,"OMG you can hardly satisfy me anymore", but she does it anyway.

What the **** was your point on that stupid, you trying to open a restaurant with your wife????

my point is that people do seem to have a fasination with horrible things. People always say try this, it sucks. Which is why I can see a anti smoking campagn working to sell smokes, or a anti fast food one to sell mcdonalds.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 1:12pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Read my prior posts,I'm taking private lessons with a friend who did Therien JJ, He went on to Hiscoe JJ
    Translation:
    My friend was getting his ass kicked at Hiscoe's and Therien's schools. He quit because his ego couldn't take a beating.

,( He quit both because of the $$$) and now he is training with friends in his basement( It's free I buy him a Beer once in awhile)
    Translation:

My friend was broke now we watch tapes hoping to become real grapplers.

I also do boxing but my membership is finished at the end of April, I tried a few clubs in Ottawa , but after talking to My JJ friend, I'm gonna stay away from all the Politics that I've discovered on this site.( especially GJJ or BJJ all you guys are really pushy! "come on in and give it a try, you might like it" " we're all nice guy"
    Translation:???????????????????WTF????????????????

I have no clue. How the hell do you go from ending a boxing membership to:
    after talking to My JJ friend, I'm gonna stay away from all the Politics that I've discovered on this site.
    What the hell does this website have to do with you quitting boxing?

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 1:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Paraphrasing Helio: 'Competition is a way to hone your Self Defense skills.'

Competition, has its been done for centuries, has always been a way to motiviate pple to train and sharpen their skills (this was done by almost every warrior class we know of). It is one of the best training tools out there.

What Helio, and others before him, warned against is that Competition shouldn't be your primary focus. The reason being is that pple will start doing just enough to win the match and not whats important (ie finishing the fight as quickly and as efficiently as possible)
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 1:21pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To paraphrase Lord Asia (Long may he reign), there is a subtle difference between being competitive in your training methods and training for competition.

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 1:38pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD ASIA

Competition, has its been done for centuries, has always been a way to motiviate pple to train and sharpen their skills (this was done by almost every warrior class we know of). It is one of the best training tools out there.

What Helio, and others before him, warned against is that Competition shouldn't be your primary focus. The reason being is that pple will start doing just enough to win the match and not whats important (ie finishing the fight as quickly and as efficiently as possible)
    That's great and all, but why doesn't he see that rounds and time limits might actually IMPROVE BJJers' games? The added stress of a time limit and stand ups for limited activity means you have to make your game work fast, but it still can't be sloppy, because everyone has the anti-grapple these days.

Maybe in Rio you can hold someone in your guard for 30 minutes, but I imagine that would not work in a street fight around here. Helio reminds everyone to train for self defense purposes, yet Royce, one of the people he claims has the REAL BJJ, can't get a fucking takedown to save his life and spent half his career stalling because the rules allowed it.

That seems like pretty horrid self defense training to me.

Maybe Helio's heart is in the right place, but I call bullshit on his logic.
    Last edited by Cassius; 4/05/2006 1:40pm at .
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 2:38pm

Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The big boys are here!

Quote Originally Posted by LORD ASIA

Respond to someone else that asked me this question.

P.S. Nice job changing the direction of the thread again, How much do you get paid Mr. Gracie?
    Anonimous:What do you expect me to do? I have no knowledge or experience with martial arts. I'm still deciding which martial arts I should take.

Let me give you my opinion of this site. It's full of retarded MMA fan boys who spill out verbal diarrhea on a common basis. Most of them are totally ignorant about martial arts in general (Kid Spatula the female redneck for example. I really want to bust her front teeth out) and do not have the qualities need to be a true martial artist.
    The irony is that in the same time a site that fights against fraud in martial arts is promoting another type of McDojo: exploit of martial arts for financial gains. Bullshido turned itself into a large pile of horseshit. It was a good idea but executed the wrong way. It turned into a large UFC/K-1/PRIDE commercial. What do you think how much revenue does Phrost get by those ads you see on the site? Plus the 20$ you have to give to have a personal avatar. It all goes to Phrost’s pocket.

My advice to you is not to be very active. This site is a waste of time in general.[/QUOTE]

This is not me this is one of your Clients,respond to this Please and try to Moderate yourself and keep on subject,
    Thank You.

P.S. Please Oh Please don't send me to trollsville!!!, but then again, that would also prove my theory would,nt it?
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast