Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 11:46am

Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Obviously not working for Gracie, but have been Brainwashed

Quote Originally Posted by GreenHornet
    you know Gerry you sound awfully like a certain sijo I know when you talk about Brazilian martial arts in canada...
    I guess were better off with real canadian grappling! to paraphrase him from a lately discovered video on the net.

by the way did you found a good school in ottawa?
    Read my prior posts,I'm taking private lessons with a friend who did Therien JJ, He went on to Hiscoe JJ,( He quit both because of the $$$) and now he is training with friends in his basement( It's free I buy him a Beer once in awhile)
    I also do boxing but my membership is finished at the end of April, I tried a few clubs in Ottawa , but after talking to My JJ friend, I'm gonna stay away from all the Politics that I've discovered on this site.( especially GJJ or BJJ all you guys are really pushy! "come on in and give it a try, you might like it" " we're all nice guy"

I never met this Sijo guy, but does he have exclusive rights to opinions in Canada?
    I love Grappling!!
    I'm not basshing Grappling, just everyone that says they are not a McDojo and they are! If you open a commercial school you have the beginnings of a McDojo.

Like I said, The Gracies and BJJ are now world wide, Sounds Like a McDojo to me?( call me by my first name cause I don't want people to realise that we're a McDojo, Oh and go try other martial arts our Muay Thai class is at 6:00 tonight, Oh and our Canadian Wrestling team works out at 8:00 on thursdays etc... etc...
    Oh and all you have to pay is $90.00 a month blah blah blah

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 11:53am

Style: Judo, Tomiki Aikido, ??

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Opinions have to be based upon facts for them to have any validity. Otherwise they're just stupid, groundless conclusions.

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 11:58am

Style: mixed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    gracie fam. is the only people that have the real BJJ? does the Machado fam. count as gracie fam.??

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 11:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [
    QUOTE=PointyShinyBurn]As far as I know they never turned up without an invitation. The only thing I learned to respect in BJJ is the Omoplata.
    That's not what you said in your first post! you're backpedalling.

I have to work for Rorion to know that most BJJ schools, mine included, aren't affiliated with him?
    AHHH !!! School owner, Thanks for helping prove my theory about this site.:wave:

BJJ is not an empire under the control of the Gracie family. My school is Master Team UK, under Roger Patrick Brooking, who is in turn under Romero "Jacare" Cavalcanti. Simple Google fu should tell you none of these people work for the Gracies.
    Name dropping, why don't you just post your certificate on the site that'll help convince me that you're not a McDojo.

Might there, perhaps, be some other reason, like the fact that it has effective strategy and is fun. Why don't you give that school across the road a go

Thanks again for helping me prove my Theory:wave:
    all you lay persons out there!, they're always trying to recruit you on here,

P.S.How long have you been working for the Gracie McDojo franchise?:owneddanc

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 12:02pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mansfield

No Doubt, just watch how many BJJ guys come out and bash this post, I'm expecting G8 first then, he'll get the rest of the crew on it( or maybe G8 have many computors and Many names and posts on all the threads???).
    They will, without a doubt, change direction of the thread( by the way you guys, they've already done it on this thread, PAY ATTENTION!!!).

Let's keep the conversation on subject, Are the Gracies becoming a McDojo, You're fucking right they are!

You're up G8
    P.S. nice job changing the subject.
    Sorry to keep you waiting! I was busy pimping GJJ on Sherdog and MA Planet, and then Roiron wouldn't let me back on the computer until I'd finshed stomping today's acai. He insists on fresh squeezed!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 12:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Fitz
    Opinions have to be based upon facts for them to have any validity. Otherwise they're just stupid, groundless conclusions.
    What you just typed is an Opinion!?:sleepy2:
    That makes it just a Stupid groundless conclusion, Right?
    Here's a Gem for you" Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one"

P.S. the reply to some of my posts are proof enough for alot on lurkers out there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 12:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Burden of proof

Quote Originally Posted by MuKen
    I find it extremely surprising that you typed the words "burden of proof" and your head didn't explode.
    Once again, the replies to my post are enough "proof " to convince a lot of the lurkers out there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 12:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Trying to change the subject?

Quote Originally Posted by broken fingers
    gracie fam. is the only people that have the real BJJ? does the Machado fam. count as gracie fam.??

Once again, thanks for the help. Why are you trying to change the subject?:blob1:

Crappler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 12:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wonder if 30 or 40 years from now we'll be arguing over who has t3h r34l BJJ

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 12:26pm

Style: Judo, Tomiki Aikido, ??

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mansfield
    Once again, the replies to my post are enough "proof " to convince a lot of the lurkers out there.
    Convincing some people of stupid things with blind assertion is easy.

Some people also think the world is flat.
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast