222286 Bullies, 4238 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 31 to 40 of 199
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Spezza is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    137

    Posted On:
    4/05/2006 10:15am


     Style: Escrima

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What "certificate" came with those videos? ?? I bought all of those videos new around when they came out and I don't remember any "certificate" included.

    The videos were broken up by "Belt Level" (plus 4 "self-defense" videos) but they were not "certification" videos by any stretch. They were pretty solid videos actually. A little boring though.

    IF they ever gave some piece of paper, it was probably a stupid little marketing ploy done by Panther saying you "watched" videos up to the Blue Belt level or something.
    Last edited by Spezza; 4/05/2006 10:19am at . Reason: spelling
  2. Spezza is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    137

    Posted On:
    4/05/2006 10:26am


     Style: Escrima

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW, I am not affiliated with Carlson or his son. But I trained 1x at their school in West Hollywood (on La Cienega) probably 9 years ago and he struck me as the LAST person in the world who would "sell" belts or cerifications.
  3. akja is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    36

    Posted On:
    4/05/2006 10:36am


     Style: Kempo Ju Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spezza
    What "certificate" came with those videos? ?? I bought all of those videos new around when they came out and I don't remember any "certificate" included.

    The videos were broken up by "Belt Level" (plus 4 "self-defense" videos) but they were not "certification" videos by any stretch. They were pretty solid videos actually. A little boring though.

    IF they ever gave some piece of paper, it was probably a stupid little marketing ploy done by Panther saying you "watched" videos up to the Blue Belt level or something.

    You must of bought after they realized it was going nowhere and they continued selling the tapes through Panther.

    When their ad first hit he mags the self defense course came with 2 certificates. 1) for a certified self dense instructor (the one Helio mentioned) and 2) a certificate for "their" federation which if I'm not mistaking is the same name that Carlihnos uses for his.
    Last edited by akja; 4/05/2006 11:36am at .
  4. Gerry Mansfield is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    99

    Posted On:
    4/05/2006 10:54am


     Style: Tae Kwon Do

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Gracie McDojo

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn
    Mansfield just spewed such a stream of drivel I feel compelled to respond.
    Why is boxing not a martial art?
    To the lay person( the people I'm trying to reach) they do not recognize that Boxing is in fact, a Martial art, they are not all working as professional Gracie Geeks.( I told you guys( lay persons) this would happen, but I expected G8 to come back first)

    The Gracie methodology for disrediting teachers and styles is a little more direct than this. They show up at your Dojo with a video camera and choke you the **** out. Most BJJ players will do the same for anyone who asks nicely. Effectiveness is its marketing strategy.
    Holy **** that's aggressive! Are you telling me that this is a respectfull school that justifies and condones going into other schools and bullying other Instrutors at their own schools? Imagine a guy goes to his school and is preparing a Kids class and some guy comes in with a video camera and says I'm gonna kick the **** out of you in front of your Kids and I'm gonna film it and put it on the Internet, Is that OK?
    My Dad taught me respect, Maybe the Gracies should teach respect as well as Martial arts and Not Brazilian Thuggery?

    Also, BJJ != GJJ. I, and most of the BJJ players on this site, train at places that give Helio, Rorion and the rest not a single penny.
    Burden of proof is on you! Do you know this because, well, I don't know, YOU WORK FOR THEM?????

    Your friend is a moron, what company would produce a movie that says their food causes liver failure? Do you have any evidence for this potentially libelous contention, or are you just blowing smoke?
    Your other friends are morons, they heard that something causes liver failure so they went out and tried it.
    Along with 1 Billion others served( ask McDonalds if it worked)Do you think the McDonalds corp may want to Invest in the biggest money making scheme in the Universe? like the Movies?)!
    explain Cigarettes and Alcohol( I agree all users are Morons)

    In addition, if 3.6 million fewer people tried McDonalds because their hunger was sated by popcorn at the cinema watching the film, you do the math. Or, possibly, do you need numbers from the real world to prove things?
    So this site was set up to criticise BJJ so that people would go and try it to see if it's really that bad? It's obvious by your logic that the site is in fact a coaltion between Phil Elmore, Ashida Kim and Fang Shen Do.
    You May have a Point there, all I'm saying is that someone is trying to manipulate someone else.
    P.S. I tried Fang Shen Do for a Month. I didn't like it and I quit. Who the Hell is Phil Elmore or Ashida Kim,****, that's an awfull lot of Name dropping, Maybe I'll try one of their classes, Is that who you work for?
    I train with a Jiu Jitsu Instructor at his home, He totaly agrees with my theory about this site.( I'm leaning toward the Gracie clan running this site, still not decided but posts like this don't help your cause)

    Ya, I Box and I train in JJ, no belts, no Money, no Bullshido.
    Ya , "let's see if I come back and reply to this post" you lost all your credibility when you said that.
  5. Gerry Mansfield is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    99

    Posted On:
    4/05/2006 11:04am


     Style: Tae Kwon Do

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [
    QUOTE=Spezza]BTW, I am not affiliated with Carlson or his son. But I trained 1x at their school in West Hollywood (on La Cienega) probably 9 years ago and he struck me as the LAST person in the world who would "sell" belts or cerifications.
    [/QUOTE]

    A friend of mine didn't think his wife was the type to step out on him either.
    Don't blame yourself, after all you're not Doctor Phil. You don't know Carlson situation or if he needs money for an Opperation for a family member etc...
    Remember they are a poor disfunctional family that came from the bad streets of Brazil.

    I actualy have alot of respect for what they have done for themselves( and not all of them are good fighters, but maybe they work on this site and make money that way?)
  6. GreenHornet is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    497

    Posted On:
    4/05/2006 11:11am


     Style: BJJ Gi and noGi,MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you know Gerry you sound awfully like a certain sijo I know when you talk about Brazilian martial arts in canada...
    I guess were better off with real canadian grappling! to paraphrase him from a lately discovered video on the net.

    by the way did you found a good school in ottawa?
  7. Gerry Mansfield is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    99

    Posted On:
    4/05/2006 11:13am


     Style: Tae Kwon Do

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FictionPimp
    "So this site was set up to criticise BJJ so that people would go and try it to see if it's really that bad?"
    NO Moron, just to get people talking, you can always cross train at any BJJ or GJJ
    I'm Lovin' it
    Just do it
    the real thing
    ever heard these catch phrases? It's called branding and it's a huge part of marketing, I'm saying that it maybe someone else, but my bet is that the Gracies are running this site!?

    My wife pisses me off all the time. She will get some food that sucks and say "OMG this is the worst food I've ever ate. Here taste this."
    And you piss your wife off by trying to have sex with her once a month,"OMG you can hardly satisfy me anymore", but she does it anyway.

    What the **** was your point on that stupid, you trying to open a restaurant with your wife????
  8. PointyShinyBurn is online now
    PointyShinyBurn's Avatar

    Gnarly King of Half-Guard

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    4,220

    Posted On:
    4/05/2006 11:26am

    Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mansfield
    Holy **** that's aggressive! Are you telling me that this is a respectfull school that justifies and condones going into other schools and bullying other Instrutors at their own schools? Imagine a guy goes to his school and is preparing a Kids class and some guy comes in with a video camera and says I'm gonna kick the **** out of you in front of your Kids and I'm gonna film it and put it on the Internet, Is that OK?
    My Dad taught me respect, Maybe the Gracies should teach respect as well as Martial arts and Not Brazilian Thuggery?
    As far as I know they never turned up without an invitation. The only thing I learned to respect in BJJ is the Omoplata, which is how I like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mansfield
    Burden of proof is on you! Do you know this because, well, I don't know, YOU WORK FOR THEM?????
    I have to work for Rorion to know that most BJJ schools, mine included, aren't affiliated with him? BJJ is not an empire under the control of the Gracie family. My school is Master Team UK, under Roger Patrick Brooking, who is in turn under Romero "Jacare" Cavalcanti. Simple Google fu should tell you none of these people work for the Gracies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mansfield
    Along with 1 Billion others served( ask McDonalds if it worked)Do you think the McDonalds corp may want to Invest in the biggest money making scheme in the Universe? like the Movies?)!
    Your right, if the NRA made a film it would totally be Bowling for Columbine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mansfield
    You May have a Point there, all I'm saying is that someone is trying to manipulate someone else.
    P.S. I tried Fang Shen Do for a Month. I didn't like it and I quit. Who the Hell is Phil Elmore or Ashida Kim,****, that's an awfull lot of Name dropping, Maybe I'll try one of their classes, Is that who you work for?
    I train with a Jiu Jitsu Instructor at his home, He totaly agrees with my theory about this site.( I'm leaning toward the Gracie clan running this site, still not decided but posts like this don't help your cause)
    Your theory, in as much as it can be discerned through the layers of punctuation abuse, is that this site is necessarily some kind of Gracie plant because it contains many people who like BJJ. Might there, perhaps, be some other reason, like the fact that it has effective strategy and is fun. Why don't you give that school across the road a go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mansfield
    Ya, I Box and I train in JJ, no belts, no Money, no Bullshido.
    Ya , "let's see if I come back and reply to this post" you lost all your credibility when you said that.
    This is the first time I've ever been tempted to use that 'English ************' smiley. When I said what you buffoon?
  9. Gerry Mansfield is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    99

    Posted On:
    4/05/2006 11:27am


     Style: Tae Kwon Do

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    repeat!

    [Q
    UOTE=Jadran]Neither. Everbody who can't think with their own heads is a sucker for draining money from him. It can be from BJJ or Muay Thai to Yellow Bamboo and RadKi. It's not about the effectivness of the martial art but the way it's marketed to the people.


    This deserves to be repeated, I feel exactly the same way.

    I respect BJJ as a martial art but it's money oriented.[/
    QUOTE]
    .
    I RESPECT GJJ and all other forms of martial arts, but don't tell me the Gracies are not beginning a McDojo system.( not all the school owners have the name of a Gracie, it getting watered down.

    This Is My Opinion
  10. MuKen is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    163

    Posted On:
    4/05/2006 11:41am


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mansfield
    Burden of proof is on you!
    I find it extremely surprising that you typed the words "burden of proof" and your head didn't explode.
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.