Posted On:
    4/11/2006 12:16pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=Gerry Mansfield]

I'm of this site.
    Good Job. I'm glad to see you are helping with the mission. Since you are OF
    this site are you going to help us show the truth of FSD.

Posted On:
    4/11/2006 1:00pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=Gerry Mansfield]
    I'm of this site.
    You are still logged in. I thought you said you were going.

You are a fucking moron.

You are, in fact, an idiot.

You have no basic grasp of reason.

You are a liar.

You have not any grip on reality.

You are desperately trying to attack a system that is more effective than your own by (incorrectly) levelling criticism that has been directed at it at someone else's door, in a pathetic attempt to make your own's business practices appear to be both legitimate and the norm.

Your bullshit has been repeatedly called.

You have been disproven at every turn. Being shown to be wrong doesn't mean you are right.

**** off and sniff some dog ****.

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    4/11/2006 3:26pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mansfield
    Liars and a Racist like you are one of the reasons that I am not participating in the Martial arts.
    You know I just get tired of you and your inability to remember from post to post what you've typed. As you can see above Gerry infact did level that accusation against me. I won't even waste the effort typing a rebuttal to or your post when you can't post without contradicting yourself.

Also, note that I am NOT affiliated with any BJJ/GJJ school or team. I am a TKD Black belt who studies Japanese Jiu Jitsu and fights MMA. The only reason I brought up how easy it would be for you to find me is to demonstrate that I have nothing to hide. I'm easy to find and get a hold of. I suppose if I'm looking for you I'll just poke my head into a Fang Shen Do school and ask around.

TKD

PS - Maybe when you guys are trolling you can do the next person using the account a favour and jot down what you just typed. This will save us the trouble of having to remind you where you've yourself in the furture. :violent1:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2006 11:49pm

Style: BJJ, TKD, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=Gerry Mansfield]

I was just talking to a friend of the owner of the OAMA school in Ottawa,
    His statement to me was" there must be plenty of money to be made backing fighters in the UFC type of events, Pat is driving around in a nice new car and travelling all over the U.S."

Do the owners make a percentage if their fighters/Students get paid?
    Are the schools operating as a recruitment center to find fighters?

Just to let you know, UFC fighters barely make enough money live off of. They are pretty much the worst paid athletes around. even their elite, well known fighters are likely to get paid a paltry sum. Dana White does *not* pay well.

As far as "backing UFC fighters"? Not much money to be made there either. Sponsors on the other hand are making a killing. Tap Out, Sprawl, Xscience, Etc are raking in the bucks. But fighters and their individual managers and promoters dont see much of that.

Most UFC fighters make a living by opening gyms and charging slightly above average sums to people who want the honor of training with them. The money the gyms make goes to the fighters training bills, medical bills, and general survival.

These guys are not rolling in the dough.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/11/2006 11:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TKD Black Belt
    I am a TKD Black belt who studies Japanese Jiu Jitsu and fights MMA.
    For what organization were your fights?

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    4/12/2006 12:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I fought on a show in Western Canada. Not a big org. Been batting around the thought of a KOTC fight. Right now just so busy with personal work and what not that I don't have the time to train to be competitive.

I can second what Jitsuman is saying. I've had the 'honor' of training with a few UFC fighters and these guys are not doing it to make a living. Hell we were grocery shopping a few blocks from a gym where a multiple time UFC champ trains and the people there didn't even know the gym existed let alone the fighter himself.

Jitsuman, you associated with Renzo or Royler?

TKD

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/12/2006 1:17am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TKD Black Belt
    I fought on a show in Western Canada. Not a big org. Been batting around the thought of a KOTC fight. Right now just so busy with personal work and what not that I don't have the time to train to be competitive.

I can second what Jitsuman is saying. I've had the 'honor' of training with a few UFC fighters and these guys are not doing it to make a living. Hell we were grocery shopping a few blocks from a gym where a multiple time UFC champ trains and the people there didn't even know the gym existed let alone the fighter himself.

Jitsuman, you associated with Renzo or Royler?

TKD
    Renzo.

Currently I train out of Matt Serra's camp.

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    4/12/2006 7:37am

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=Gerry Mansfield]

I was just talking to a friend of the owner of the OAMA school in Ottawa,
    His statement to me was" there must be plenty of money to be made backing fighters in the UFC type of events, Pat is driving around in a nice new car and travelling all over the U.S."

Do the owners make a percentage if their fighters/Students get paid?
    Are the schools operating as a recruitment center to find fighters?

Might want to ask your friend to explain how how Pat makes money backing fighters in UFC type events, as his guys compete in events like NAGA and the Arnolds, not the pro leagues.

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    4/12/2006 12:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice, I've rolled with one or two guys from Renzo's group (big freakin' boys) and a few guys from Royler's group. Got my ass seriously pimped by a Royler Brown Belt.

Of additional note on this thread is that this guy is assaulting a group of people who he's most likely never rolled with. Seems to me that even if you make the accusation that the Gracie's are good at business (which seems to be a complaint of his) that the next step of watered down belts is impossible to prove unless you have the skills yourself to jump on the mat and test out one of these supposed 'watered down' GJJ fighters.

Gerry, I'll give you another tip here, just to make your next venture into trolling more productive:

1.) Only let one person use your account.
    2.) Remember what you typed.
    3.) Start small, running head long into a brick wall does no good as its too easy to reduce your argument to nothing.

TKD

Oh, one last thing Gerry, without having the personal experience of having been in a Gracie academy you should refrain from attacking them. I'm not saying that personal experience is the only way to critique something but your style lacks the subtlety to effectively pull this off.
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920