223516 Bullies, 3891 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 199
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. akja is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    36

    Posted On:
    4/04/2006 4:16pm


     Style: Kempo Ju Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by odacon
    THIS IS BRAND NEW INFORMATION!!!! YOU'VE OPENED OUR EYES!!! GOOD WORK JADRAN!!!
    Not so new. The Carlson Gracie Jr., Conan and Marcelo Silveira Video Program w/certificate happened around 1997-'98.
  2. Cassius is online now
    Cassius's Avatar

    Moderator

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,978

    Posted On:
    4/04/2006 4:17pm

    supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is anyone else amused at Helio's **** talking to Kimura even though he lost?

    Jesus Christ, the more I hear out of Helio, the more I realize how out of touch with reality he is . . .

    I am the better fighter because I can tire a bigger guy out for 45 minutes and then tap him? WTF when do street fights go 45 minutes? Are there not any cops in Helio's dreamland? BJJ should be about getting position, and either aggressively finishing or getting the **** out of there. In that respect, I almost think "sport" jiu-jitsu is better for self-defense.

    To paraphrase UpaLumpa:

    Forest . . . trees. Add words as necessary.
    Last edited by Cassius; 4/04/2006 4:25pm at .
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal
  3. jnp is offline
    jnp's Avatar

    Titanium laced beauty

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,225

    Posted On:
    4/04/2006 4:26pm

    supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by akja
    Quote Originally Posted by odacon
    THIS IS BRAND NEW INFORMATION!!!! YOU'VE OPENED OUR EYES!!! GOOD WORK JADRAN!!!
    Not so new. The Carlson Gracie Jr., Conan and Marcelo Silveira Video Program w/certificate happened around 1997-'98.
    Your sarcasm detector appears to be broken.
    Shut the hell up and train.
  4. akja is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    36

    Posted On:
    4/04/2006 4:29pm


     Style: Kempo Ju Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    Your sarcasm detector appears to be broken.
    I see.
    Last edited by akja; 4/04/2006 4:32pm at .
  5. jnp is offline
    jnp's Avatar

    Titanium laced beauty

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,225

    Posted On:
    4/04/2006 4:34pm

    supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by akja
    What sarcasm? What Helio said was true. Open up a Black Belt or Inside Kung Fu magazine from that time frame and it was plain as day.
    odacon was being sarcastic when he said this was new to the board. IIRC there are several old threads about Gracie McDojoism.
    Shut the hell up and train.
  6. Cassius is online now
    Cassius's Avatar

    Moderator

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,978

    Posted On:
    4/04/2006 4:40pm

    supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Villain
    I think he was intentionally exagerating. Helio's sons do NOT need 45 min to finish you. However, if they get stuck with some giant that is tough enough to last 45 min, they have the patience and ability to wear the guy down for a win.
    And my point is that his exaggeration goes to the point of being fallacy.

    I realize that Helio is incredibly accomplished and the patriarch of my martial art, but he still talks WAAAY too much ****. He gets dominated by Kimura and 50-60 years later he's still arrogant about it? Only people certified by Rorion have the real jiu-jitsu? How about the guys that refuse to associate with Rorion but still come out of Gracie Humaita?

    Ridiculous verbal masturbation and marketing.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal
  7. Cassius is online now
    Cassius's Avatar

    Moderator

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,978

    Posted On:
    4/04/2006 4:46pm

    supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Villain
    His exaggeration on that particular count is fine. 30 second standups are what he's addressing. He's not seriouly advocating a half hour fight everytime someone attacks you.
    This interview is pretty old for him to be complaining about something that's fairly new in MMA. And regardless, I disagree with you on that subject anyway, assuming you're referencing the subject in "De-evolution of MMA." I think there should be pressure for groundfighters to work their game fast without being sloppy.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal
  8. akja is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    36

    Posted On:
    4/04/2006 4:47pm


     Style: Kempo Ju Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Villain
    I think he was intentionally exagerating. Helio's sons do NOT need 45 min to finish you. However, if they get stuck with some giant that is tough enough to last 45 min, they have the patience and ability to wear the guy down for a win.
    I think he was talking about himself at 90 yearsold.
  9. Dagon Akujin is offline
    Dagon Akujin's Avatar

    "I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)
    Posts
    1,842

    Posted On:
    4/04/2006 5:16pm


     Style: Ving Tsun

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bleah. That crazy old man is still a god in my book. You sometimes have to let crazy old patriarchs be crazy. Sometimes that's what makes them so fucking cool. Sometimes you scratch your head and go "WTF". But if Helio wore giant gold chains and oversize sunglasses everywhere, surrounded by an entourage of 18-year old floosies, I'd still think he was an awsome 90-year old son-of-a-bitch... and I mean all that in a very endeering way.

    Dagon Akujin
  10. akja is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    36

    Posted On:
    4/04/2006 5:39pm


     Style: Kempo Ju Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He is the man. Competitors retire, many quit training, get fat. True martial artists train forever!!
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.