Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 2:34am

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Royce Gracie jujitsu loses to the knife...

Man charged in Congers stabbing

By ALICE GOMSTYN
    THE JOURNAL NEWS

April 3, 2006

CONGERS — A man was arrested yesterday in the stabbing of the owner of a martial-arts center on Lake Road, police and witnesses said. James Antonio, 45, of Congers was arrested on a charge of second-degree assault, a felony. He was accused of fighting with Pete Clemente, 35, the owner of Clemente's Martial Arts Fitness Center, in front of the center, police said.

Clemente was taken to Nyack Hospital with injuries to his forearm, ear and abdomen, said Lt. Glenn Dietrich of the Clarkstown police. The police were called to the scene about 4:15 p.m., Dietrich said. Soon after, a state trooper stopped Antonio, who was driving a white pickup truck on the Lake Road causeway over Lake DeForest, and he was taken into custody, police said.

Dietrich said police were still investigating yesterday what drove the two men to blows. Antonio suffered minor injuries from the fight and refused medical treatment, he said. Clemente was expected to be released yesterday after treatment.

Gary Levine, owner of Nicky's II Pizza, which is a couple of doors down in the same strip mall as the martial-arts center, said he witnessed the fight. Levine said he recognized the man who was arrested as a regular customer of his who "always seemed like a nice guy."

The fight began with the two men screaming profanities at each other and then escalated, Levine said, adding that someone brandished a knife. The incident was an anomaly in what's typically a peaceful, family-oriented area, he said. Clemente also owns an ice- cream shop, Levine said. The shop sits between Levine's restaurant and the fitness center.

Soon after the police cars left, a family with young children sat outside the shop, eating ice-cream cones. The only visible sign of the day's earlier excitement was a napkin stained with blood lying on a nearby picnic table.

"Between the ice cream and the pizza," Levine said, "it's very wholesome."

http://www.thejournalnews.com/apps/p...13/1019/NEWS03

Additional info on Clemente -

2003 NAGC No-Gi Results

NO-GI Masters Advanced Light Weight

1st Carlos Terrihha Mario Ramos
    2nd Jeff Williamson PKA/Machado
    3rd Joseph Pecoraro Independent
    4th Peter Clemente Clemente's

Royce Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Network of Congers, NY

Contact Person:
    Peter Clemente
    Tel Number: (845) 268-7921
    E-Mail Address: n/a

Royce Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Network (RGJJN™)

General Requirements for establishing a network. -

4. business principal and /or an instructor must have attained a rank of Blue Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu from either Royce Gracie, an approved Royce Gracie instructor and/or a reputable/verifiable Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt.*

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 2:37am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gee, according to Matt Thornton, BJJ practiced 'Aliveness' and had the best delivery system for dealing with these things. :laughing9
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 2:42am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if the attacker with the knife that sent to the Royce Gracie grappler to the hospital didn't even have an ounce of martial arts training? Worse yet, was a TMA that trained extensively in "dead patters?' Poor Matt Thornton - Dunce. :icon_surp
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 4:12am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See, the news is interesting, you pretending to have a good point isn't.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 4:17am

Style: BJJ & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He took on a guy with a knife and lived. I'd say BJJ worked out pretty well for him.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 4:18am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    no, no, he got stabbed. That means matt thorton is wrong about things.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 4:43am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, I believe Matt Thorton's bunch train alive knife drills, which BJJ generally doesn't. (Look for information on S.T.A.B., Karl Tanswell's Survival Tactics Against Blades).

And Kungfoolss, you're delusional if you think you'd fare any better; or indeed if you think anyone, no matter how trained, is going to get out of a serious knife attack without being cut.

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 7:58am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophist
    Actually, I believe Matt Thorton's bunch train alive knife drills, which BJJ generally doesn't. (Look for information on S.T.A.B., Karl Tanswell's Survival Tactics Against Blades).

And Kungfoolss, you're delusional if you think you'd fare any better; or indeed if you think anyone, no matter how trained, is going to get out of a serious knife attack without being cut.

Batman could do it.
    :zicon_bat
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 9:00am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Royce trained the victim so Thorton is responsible?

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 9:09am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFoolss
    Wouldn't it be hilarious
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if you waited longer than five minutes to respond to your own post?
Page 1 of 11 1 2345 ... LastLast