Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 9:02am

Style: Suio Ryu Iai Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We need to get Chuck Norris in on this one. Roundhouse > Taijiquan.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 9:07am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Given that I trained with Oyama and under one of his students I've never heard anything supporting this story. I think pple keep mistaking it for when one of Oyama's students lost to a Yiquan practioner. Yiquan in Japan is called TAIKIKEN and some pple mistake that for TAIJI/TAI CHI, but its not the same thing. (Taijiquan/Taichi chuan in Japanese is TAIKYOKUKEN)
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 9:08am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    I can believe it because I know in my heart the only thing worse then kung fu is karate.
    You've been taking too many blows to the head there Kat. Give Kyokushin its love.:karated:
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    -Daniel Tosh

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 9:30am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did you ever ask him if he got beat up by a sterotypical chinese sifu?
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 10:22am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another famous Shotokan Karate master, who is also dead now, once remarked to his student that, "Taiji is a very powerful art, but it is an art for superhumans. For us ordinary humans it is better to stick to Karate."
    Wow a Mr. Chen and now some anonymous Karate Master.

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 10:31am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    Did you ever ask him if he got beat up by a sterotypical chinese sifu?
    No. The first time I even heard this story was on the internet long after Oyama had died. I haven't talked to my old teacher in years but I've asked around in KK circles for anything to support such a story, so far no one has presented anything to back it up.
    ______

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

-Daniel Tosh

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 10:37am

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    Wow a Mr. Chen and now some anonymous Karate Master.
    well, how could you not trust the word of a "certain" Mr Chen? I like how from that fateful day until he died, Kyushinkai had a certain Taiji feel, which immediately disappeared when Oyama died. Luckily for us, one of Oyama's top students had the capability to use these principles as well. he left and formed his own style(hopefully using the awesome powers he learned through Oyama, descended from the awesome Mr Chen), yet when he dies, so does the magic.

If KK was supposed to have the principles, how come only two students from the time that Oyama had this well documented fight were able to use it? how come when Ashiyara formed his own style, the Taiji influence died with him? How is it that only 1 in 10,000 can use Taiji to its ultimate, yet Oyama was able to learn all its fighting secrets in a matter of days? Historical writing at it's finest.

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 10:45am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Come on Cdronin, you know the "single whip" is a ubersecret technique hidden in the Kyokushin forms.

Don't you see it?
    ______

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

-Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 10:53am

Style: Yang style Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I call bullshido on this whole thing.

First off, I have no trouble beliving that a Tai Chi master schooled Oyama, or any other hard styliest for that matter. The way this article is written however reeks of Bullshido.
    -A Muey Thai figher named "Black Cobra"?
    -A certain "Mr. Chen."? Most Tai Chi masters are public figures. It should be easy to find out which one Oyama worked with.
    -The quote from the anonymous Shotokan master. Like I said...these guys tend to be well documented.
    -And of course the magical knowledge that almost vanishes except for a few people who have teh TRUTH (tm). And they're going to make it available on DVD for 99.99 USD. Right.

The article's written like a fairy tale, and I think it deserves exactly as much credibility.

PS: TAI CHI owzned YOU! RELAX OR DIE! RELAX OR DIE!

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 10:54am

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD ASIA
    Come on Cdronin, you know the "single whip" is a ubersecret technique hidden in the Kyokushin forms.

Don't you see it?
    Oh Snap!!! it's so obvious, once you point it out. Don't I feel like a fool:bs:
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast