Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    2/16/2007 11:06am

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    of course I am talking to you you stupid fucktard - basic contextualisation would have told your monkeyass that much.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2007 9:52am

Style: KYOKUSHIN KARATE

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah,your probably right.
    On the other hand,wanted to hear it from the horses mouth or rather behind in your case.
    Why the old man reference? thats down right insulting,having just finnished puberty.

Posted On:
    2/21/2007 10:04am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: freestyle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thankyou sonofkanga, don't want ppl to actually think i fabricated something.

as for "It is Fake", yes RIP to James Brown but you using my favorite photo's of him. my current desktop wallpaper. ask his permission first and then ask me.

anyways i'm out.

Posted On:
    2/21/2007 9:55pm

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Bernius
    God, this one again...
    And there is also the Thai Fighter "Black Cobra", note again no name here. Oyama's Thai fights are well documented, but I can't seem to find a name for this specific fighter. Further dubiousness.
    Matt,
    I'm really interested to know about Oyama's fights against thai fighters. Who, and how many did he fight? Did he do it in Thailand, and what was the result? Thanks.

Posted On:
    2/21/2007 10:13pm

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IndoChinese

all the arts that are done today, especially the competition arts, are all descended from system and styles that have been in existance for hundreds if not thousands of years. and in fact are watered down versions of those with the many of the damaging tactics and techniques removed. and by damaging i mean crippling or lethal techniques. so if you take an art that has been modified for modern usage and pit it against an 'old school' method, complete with all of it methods and intent, you will get creamed. i know that it is a tough concept to grasp, but they actually killed people back then when they fought.
    Sigh....I thought this bullcrap has already been proven in Jujitsu vs. Kodokan? And in case you didn't know, Judo severly kicked Jujitsu's ass (with all it's lethal deadly battlefield moves). Except for Fusen-ryu jujitsu.

despite, many still attempt to use the ufc, pride, whatever as empirical validation of the effectiveness of arts, old and new.
    What better alternatives do you suggest? Do you even seek to validate your training?

in indonesia, they still kill each other in challenge matches.
    Please prove this. Or I'm calling bullshit.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2007 11:48am

Style: Chinese Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofkanga
    The speach is here, with good references.
    The relevant paragraph:
    "Oyama Masutatsu, have you ever lost a fight before? Yes, I have lost many times. Just after the war, I was bashed up by a group of blacks and was even hospitalized, but man-to-man I have never lost clearly. I have only lost trying to fight against five or six people, because I am no God or Superman. One instance of "losing" even proved highly valuable for me. This was during my meeting with Mr. Ching in Hong Kong. I loved the personality of Mr. Ching, and I respected him very deeply. When I met him I was 33 years old and he was nearly 70. I am now bald, but even at that time, although he was very old, he had more hair then than I do now, and he was only around 50kg in weight. Of course I had more power and speed than he had, as I was young, but he was a magnificent man, just like an old God. My head was bowed the whole time that I was in his presence, as I couldn't look at him directly. I had lost to him without doing anything. He asked me to show him my techniques, and I showed him all that I knew. He said that it was wonderful and dynamic, but still with an edge on it. He said I was like a rough diamond and I needed polishing. I asked him to teach me but he answered that he didn't really have anything to teach me, just that I had forgotten the definition of Karate and my movements had become too straight. He said, draw a circle and have a spot on it. A straight line is plus alpha. He said that straight Karate was just gymnastics, but you only beat people when you have power, true power that comes from the point and circle. Since that time I have been teaching all my students the same thing, and this is why Kyokushin Karate is different from other Karate styles. The life of Kyokushin Karate is Kumite(fighting). The life of Kumite, fighting, is in basics. You have to practice circle training. One should never show ones back to the enemy, you must try to get him from behind. If you are to the side of your opponent you can win 60% of the time, if in front perhaps 50%, but if you can get to the back of your opponent you can win 70-80% of the time. Students must train how to come in from behind."

A far cry from the other site.
    This site is a Canadian Kyokushin site:
    http://www.kyokushin.ca/kyokushin/fight_spiritn.html
    Well the “blindsiding” that he speaks of IS true. Footwork angles for that are awesome!

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    2/22/2007 3:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by VikingPower
    This is what I'd use.

I pity any sucker that brings a knife to a gunfight.

This requires a reassessment of that whole "Don't Bring a Knife To a Gunfight" joke.

http://www.policeone.com/writers/col...ticles/113907/

Remember the vaunted US Military had to up to the .45 when facing SE Asian blade-wielders. The Gun is only effective at sufficient range in many cases. Blades are superior in many more cases, when wielded by sufficiently trained and commited individuals.

Likewise with closequarters gunfighting of course.

I'm not saying that blades are t3h Ub3r, I'm just saying, it's a toolbox.

resident sick ****

Posted On:
    2/22/2007 4:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I read about that gun awhile ago. I was shocked. The white man created a gun just to kill Filipinos. But I shouldn't be.
    カンフー

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    2/22/2007 8:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal
    Your way off base here.

This is just wrong. Especially where the part where you said those in the past where better than those of today. Bullshit. The quality of proffessional fighters these days be it in boxing, K-1, Pride is soooooo much higher now than what it was 30 years ago. Let alone 100 years ago.

These days combat athletes are a hell of alot fitter,bigger,stronger and better trained. NO martial arts master would last against Mirko Cro Cop or Randy Courture thats for sure. And I doubt any Kung fu fighter of the past of present would be able to tap out Roy Gracie. No way.

First off, I doubt that many "Kung fu fighter[s]" would desire to force Roy Gracie to tap. BTW, who's Roy Gracie?

When comparing "modern" training methods to older modalities, how do you explain this?
    http://ejmas.com/jalt/jaltframe.htm

‘The Lion of the Punjab’ – Gama in England, 1910: Noble (05/02)

‘The Lion of the Punjab’ – Part II: Stanislaus Zbyszko: Noble (06/02)

‘The Lion of the Punjab’ – Part III: London, 1910: Noble (07/02)

‘The Lion of the Punjab’ – Part IV: The Aftermath: Noble (08/02)

Sections 1-4 cover the stable of Indian wrestlers, namely Gama and the Bux brothers, that came over to Europe and dominated in the early 1900's. They were using "outdated" techniques, diets, and conditioning methods. And yet the only fighter that resisted was Zbyszko, who stalled on the ground against Gama, who had little ground game. This match ended in a draw, with Gama on top most if not all of the time.
    These Indian guys were way behind the times, and yet, despite all of this, shined.

Take boxing for example. Now, compare fighters like Jack Dempsey or Rocky Marciano against today's heavies. Size, height, and weight are comparable. But the profighters of old had sometimes as many as THIRTY MORE pro fights as today's heavies. And they fought a hell of alot more often. That experience counts alot. The Win/Loss/KO %'s look about the same. Fitzsimmons had THREE different titles back in the day, and fought into his 40's successfully. Today's fighters aren't showing that much game.

(ps: I am, of course, open to logical argument :toothy4: )
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617