Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 7:28pm

Style: Short fat wimp style MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ****, that's a long drive. I'd still like to see where I was disrespectful, I haven't been the one calling out your training, or insinuating you are a racist, or posting a challenge.

I only pointed out your saying mixed martial arts should be taken in the literal sense, not the accepted definition, and that no holds barred was only to be taken in the accepted sense or the term, not in any literal way.

Okay I did notice I cussed quite a bit in one response, but that's the way I talk and the way I type.

Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 7:40pm

supporting member
     Style: n/a (ex-Karate)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by akja
    I guess we view respect differantly.
    I realise this is off-topic (you can PM me if you like), but the issue of respect interests me. The notion of respecting teachers (good ones) is fairly straightforward. In your opinion, how do teachers show their respect in turn? What is it to be respectful to your students? Obviously it doesn't necessarily mean politeness, or gentleness, or the like. Also, would this translate into how teachers treat their juniors online?
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2006 2:27pm

Style: Kempo Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hurt,
    I think this place is about **** talking. I talk like you, I just don'yt type that much of it. But I do type the point I'm trying to make. You seemed really upset that I bew you off when I just post (like most do) what I feel like talking about.

We have differant views, not a problem. Actually, I didn't ask you to spar. I said I wanted to learn from you.:drunken_s Anyway, this is Bullshido and **** goes around.

DAYoung,
    I don't expect respect because I teach. That is crap. I expect respect because I don't go after people like I'm a dog chexing a meaty bone. Really I think the the two people that there were issues with.
    1) cussed at me and said I was a joke.
    2) the other told me to go **** myself.

I think sometimes the internet can be a bad thing because the **** flies and what could have been a a good relationship is left with "no chance."

Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher

Posted On:
    4/10/2006 5:15pm

supporting member
     Style: n/a (ex-Karate)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by akja
    Hurt, DAYoung,
    I don't expect respect because I teach. That is crap. I expect respect because I don't go after people like I'm a dog chexing a meaty bone. Really I think the the two people that there were issues with.
    1) cussed at me and said I was a joke.
    2) the other told me to go **** myself.

I think sometimes the internet can be a bad thing because the **** flies and what could have been a a good relationship is left with "no chance."
    Seems sensible to me.
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/10/2006 6:42pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    people say what they want on bullshido. they also want cold, hard fact and proof of what you are saying. if you're full of ****, you're going to be told so.

anyone else can correct me if i'm wrong, but we don't want drama. uneccessary bitching, whining, post after post which contributes nothing apart from wearing down my scroll button.

this can be avoided if you keep on topic and hold an argument while you are calling bullshit. screaming off into a tangent of insults doesn't help anything. it's harder to enlighten someone when they are offended and so emotional they won't listen to anything you say from that point on.

it's a fine line to tread, but it can be done.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/10/2006 6:46pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i mean, this thread hasn't been a great example of what i was talking about, i'm just saying...
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213