Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 3:40am

Style: Short fat wimp style MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by akja
    But no holds barred is the equivalent of Vale Tudo, neither of which UFC or pride are.
    Yeah that's the common understanding of the term. We all know that, it was granted. "No holds barred" and "Anything goes" are not completely interchangable. I just fucking explained the origin of the word, how are you going to retroactively change that? That was the basis of your whole fucking point in the begining.

Again You haven't addressing a single thing I've been saying.

Are my posts too confusing or something? Do you have difficulty reading and understanding an argument? Is English not your first language? This aren't flames at all, I'm just trying to get some frame of reference. Copying a page we've all seen doesn't exactly free you from the hypocrisy in your posts.

You're spewing a lot of bullshit there pal. Maybe you ought to read my previous posts first. And it didn't look like too many to list, not that I saw anything specific.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 10:22am

Style: Kempo Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurt
    Yeah that's the common understanding of the term. We all know that, it was granted. "No holds barred" and "Anything goes" are not completely interchangable. I just fucking explained the origin of the word, how are you going to retroactively change that? That was the basis of your whole fucking point in the begining.

Again You haven't addressing a single thing I've been saying.

Are my posts too confusing or something? Do you have difficulty reading and understanding an argument? Is English not your first language? This aren't flames at all, I'm just trying to get some frame of reference. Copying a page we've all seen doesn't exactly free you from the hypocrisy in your posts.

You're spewing a lot of bullshit there pal. Maybe you ought to read my previous posts first. And it didn't look like too many to list, not that I saw anything specific.
    Who the **** are you. You need to check your attitude youngster. How you gonna expect anyone to answer you anybetter than post #89!! Get a life. And you need to drop the RACIAST "second language" ****!

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 10:29am

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Raciasm is wrong.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 11:08am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, I dunno about you guys, but I like racy ass girls...

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 11:49am

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think knowledge of the English language is an indication of race
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 12:17pm

Style: mixed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This place is hands down guilty of bullshido. the website says Mixed Martial Arts, I asked if they had an MMA program. I did not ask for the guy's rank or stylefeild, but he talked to me assuming that i was inexperienced in martial arts. he then proceeded to give me a history lesson stating that BJJ is a part of judo/jiu jitsu and implied that ground work wasnt needed as much.

NO GRAPPLE SPARRING! how the fudge are you gonna learn MMA if you never rolled around before? come on. stop bitching about MMA=/=Mixed Martial Arts, i asked for MMA training, he responded saying that it IS offered at that school. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BULLfreakinSHIDO!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 12:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I din't think jokes about language indicated a belief that one race is superior to all others.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 2:11pm

Style: Kempo Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurt
    So how many holds are barred?

You keep talking about rules, but yeah that's not the origin of the word either. I'd always understood it as coming from wrestling and allowing all the "hooks". By that same token then MMA competition is NHB, why should you or anyone else say different just because you have enough sense to know it's misleading and not the common usage?
    Who cares what you "always understood" Heres "referance" to what I said.
    Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) is a combat sport in which two competitors attempt to achieve dominance over one another by utilizing a wide variety of permitted martial arts techniques, including striking and grappling. Well-known MMA organizations include the Ultimate Fighting Championship and Pride Fighting Championships. MMA was previously known as "NHB" for "No Holds Barred", but this term is now technically retired. It is no longer an accurate description of the modern competitions that utilize a list of rules and banned techniques that have been developed for the fighters' safety.
    http://www.answers.com/topic/mixed-martial-arts

And don't bother trying to TELL me what the meaning of my posts are. Are you an idiot? This is an open forum to discuss a topic. If you don't like a poster, ignore them. Compose yourself. If you can't compose yourself here what makes you think you'll be composed when you fight? You're 21 now, and you were a child when this sport "took off" in the USA. Don't "act" like you you have "it" and we all need it. Maybe you can quit working out your keybord so hard and "use" the mat instead.
    Last edited by akja; 4/05/2006 3:04pm at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 7:40pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "no rules" has always been a bit of a misnomer.

people will still sometimes call the UFC NHB. i don't think it's inappropriate.

i also think we should be using the word pankration (it's the oldest name we have for it), but certain groups only use the name now.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 2:02am

Style: Short fat wimp style MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by akja
    Who cares what you "always understood" Heres "referance" to what I said.
    Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) is a combat sport in which two competitors attempt to achieve dominance over one another by utilizing a wide variety of permitted martial arts techniques, including striking and grappling. Well-known MMA organizations include the Ultimate Fighting Championship and Pride Fighting Championships. MMA was previously known as "NHB" for "No Holds Barred", but this term is now technically retired. It is no longer an accurate description of the modern competitions that utilize a list of rules and banned techniques that have been developed for the fighters' safety.
    http://www.answers.com/topic/mixed-martial-arts

And don't bother trying to TELL me what the meaning of my posts are. Are you an idiot? This is an open forum to discuss a topic. If you don't like a poster, ignore them. Compose yourself. If you can't compose yourself here what makes you think you'll be composed when you fight? You're 21 now, and you were a child when this sport "took off" in the USA. Don't "act" like you you have "it" and we all need it. Maybe you can quit working out your keybord so hard and "use" the mat instead.
    Wow, so I have to chill out with the personal attacks? Hahahaha

Dude I'm done, you're a fuckin' joke. That definition you just gave from a source that is about as credible as asking my dog is completely contradictory to your original argument. That article does more to agreee with my than it ever could with you. It says mixed martial arts came from NHB, which you said were not only unrelated, but that the real definition of MMA was the combination of styles. WHy wasn't that in the article? By the way, it also doesn't answer the question I had of which holds are barred, NHB is not to taken in a literal sense, same as MMA.

You do need me to tell you the meaning of your own fucking posts. Ain't that cute?
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 111213 LastLast