Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Your RBSD Cannot Save You Now.

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 2:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Spanish Rapier/Epee/Foil

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Admit it though, bo-chucks are the single awesomest thing in the world since sword-chucks.

Bullshido's Greatest Ninja

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 2:53pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: JJJ/Judo[Nidan] BJJ[Blue]

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote
    Admit it though, bo-chucks are the single awesomest thing in the world since sword-chucks.

:violent1:

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 3:51pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They could be used sorta like nunchucks, but for people who are really far away... or maybe closer.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 6:30pm

Style: Kali/Jun Fan/CSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KageKaze
    I know it was from the Excuvation of a Battlefield in Japan. I can't for the life of me remember the name of the battlefield they dug up.
    I'm going to ask my instructor if he still remembers that name (or re-remembers, rather). Googling so far has turned up mostly results that are more in line with my expectations: most of the deaths can be attributed to projectile weapons (think archery, not Bo Nage) and the most apt anology in regards to bows and swords was "think guns and knives in current-day armies".

Kaze, do you know if there's much difference between Kukishinden ryu Happo Biken and err, the legit Kukishinden? I've basically always assumed that, with Hatsumi not having Menkyo Kaiden in Kukishinden but considering himself skilled enough to teach it, he slapped on a slightly different name (and for some reason didn't go the "Hatsumi-ha" route).

Also, if you again claim Kali doesn't grapple much with sticks, I'll consider that a challenge from your part and you'll thus be obliged to pay my flight across the pond for our Gong Sau to happen. After that, there will be the ritual donning of the hakama and dancing on the North-Korean border. If they can SEE 2 ninja, they'll assume there's millions already invading.:ninjafigh

Ex-ninja

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 10:11pm

Style: Muso Shinden Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Geijhan

Also, if you again claim Kali doesn't grapple much with sticks, I'll consider that a challenge from your part and you'll thus be obliged to pay my flight across the pond for our Gong Sau to happen. After that, there will be the ritual donning of the hakama and dancing on the North-Korean border. If they can SEE 2 ninja, they'll assume there's millions already invading.:ninjafigh
    What about ex-ninja eskrimador? Can I join?
    --
    L.

Bullshido's Greatest Ninja

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 10:40pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: JJJ/Judo[Nidan] BJJ[Blue]

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going to ask my instructor if he still remembers that name (or re-remembers, rather). Googling so far has turned up mostly results that are more in line with my expectations: most of the deaths can be attributed to projectile weapons (think archery, not Bo Nage) and the most apt anology in regards to bows and swords was "think guns and knives in current-day armies".
    I believe the impact wounds was more from getting knocked with a spear (side/butt)

Kaze, do you know if there's much difference between Kukishinden ryu Happo Biken and err, the legit Kukishinden? I've basically always assumed that, with Hatsumi not having Menkyo Kaiden in Kukishinden but considering himself skilled enough to teach it, he slapped on a slightly different name (and for some reason didn't go the "Hatsumi-ha" route).
    Basically the Lineage of the Kukushiden is Takamastsu Sensei studied Kukishin Ryu from the Kuki family and achieved Menkyo Kaiden. He started teaching his version of it calling it Kukishinden (Kukishin Style). Hatsumi and Tanemura learned the Kukishinden. Kukishin Ryu != Kukishinden. Kukishiden is different interruptation (Takamastsu's) of the Kuki Family Arts.

Ha! sweet. I didn't mean to say kali doesn't grapple with stick. From my expirence in Kali, which I admit is Very limited. It is primary a striking art (I guess that can depend on the style of kali taught). Where the Japanese stick was more grappling based.

Ex-ninja

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 10:50pm

Style: Muso Shinden Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, keep in mind that kali isn't really a unified discipline, but most of the schools I've seen are "complete" in how they train. I wouldn't say that kali's grappling skillset is advanced as shooto, BJJ or wrestling, but it's definitely there.
    --
    L.

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 6:43am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bo-chucks could be used for grappling.

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 6:44am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whoa!
    I just realized!
    If you attatch a knife to both sides of the bo-chucks, you have SPEAR-CHUCKS.
    I am a genius.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2006 7:18am

Style: Kali/Jun Fan/CSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote
    Bo-chucks could be used for grappling.
    Ooh, now I can finally achilles-lock myself in stickgrappling!

And yes, Lane, ex-ninja (I take it that means your Bujinkan hiatus became rather permanent?) escrimadors are welcome.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast