Posted On:4/03/2006 6:03am
here's a nice cup of soz :coffee2: if this has already been discussed here.
anyways, the Burj Dubai, or dubai tower. it's going to be the tallest thing ever made.
- The triple-lobed footprint of the building is based on an abstracted desert flower native to the region.
- A subtle reference to the onion domes of Islamic architecture can be found in the building's silhouette when looking up at the lobes from near the base.
- The tower will be situated on a man-made lake which is designed to wrap around the tower and to provide dramatic views of it.
- Engineers working on the design considered installing triple-decker elevators, which would have been the first in the world. The realized building will use double-decker elevators.
- The top of the building will contain a public observation deck and a private club above that.
- Although the building's shape resembles the bundled tube concept of the Sears Tower, it is structurally very different and is technically not a tube structure.
- The design by Skidmore Owings & Merrill replaces a plan to reuse the design for Grollo Tower, which was proposed in Melbourne a few years earlier.
- Designed by Adrian D. Smith, FAIA, RIBA Design Partner at Skidmore Owings & Merrill LLP.
- "Burj" is Arabic for "Tower".
- Burj Dubai will become the world's tallest building, along with the world's tallest man-made structure when it is completed.
- The official height has not been released, and remains secret. The total height of 705 meters is subject to change.
- The highest residential floor will be level 109.
- An observation deck will occupy the 124th floor.
- The building was rotated 120 degrees to allow for less stress from the prevailing winds.
- The foundation piles are 150 ft. deep.
- The building sits on a concrete and steel podium with 192 piles descending to a depth of more than 50 metres (164 feet).
- A total of 45,000 cubic metres of concrete are used in the foundations with a weight in excess of 110,000 tonnes.
- The exterior cladding is of reflective glazing with aluminium and textured stainless steel spandrel panels with vertical tubular fins of stainless steel.
- The cladding system is designed to withstand Dubai's extreme summer temperatures.
Badness will not be rewarded
Posted On:4/03/2006 6:09am
Sweet. I was just in Dubai a few weeks ago.
Ninjer Pile on Me! Hurr!
Posted On:4/03/2006 7:33am
Style: Bad KB, Worse MT
anyways, the Burj Dubai, or dubai tower. it's going to be the tallest thing ever bombed.
There, fixed that for you.
MMA Record vs Llamas 0-1-0
(The Llama bit my junk but the ref didn't see it).
Posted On:4/03/2006 8:08am
do you mean by muslims extremists or americans?
Posted On:4/03/2006 10:50am
Style: Judo and BJJ
And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.
Posted On:4/03/2006 10:56am
It's only a matter of who gets there first.
Posted On:4/03/2006 2:50pm
Style: looking for new style
Hahaha. They have a cigar club. Sweet.
They apparently also have '15,000 square feet of fitness'.
I would love to take a piss off of that tower when its built.
Not over zealous, but just zealous enough. 病気の粗悪品
Posted On:4/03/2006 2:55pm
Style: Okinawan Karate
Extreme American Muslims:new_evil:
People often tell me that I fail to see the gravity of the situation.
I see the gravity, and I say...
Step right up folks and watch me defy gravity!
Posted On:4/03/2006 2:59pm
Style: Shutting up and training
It looks like an anti-rape tampon.
Well, the tip anyway.
Posted On:4/03/2006 3:24pm
Articles and Reviews
Tools and Info