Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 9 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 9:24am

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yes, apparently because if I was to stand up (which by the way was more of a squat with my feet under me) in competition we would be reset and both be on our feet. So I was breaking the rules. I tried to explain to him that I tried judo competition, I dont like it, I dont want to compete it judo, I want to learn how to effectivly throw people on their head and then submit them. That didn't sit to well with him and he got a slight attitude. He's not a big fan of MMA and hates the fact that I train in bjj. He said judo is all I should ever need. I dont think he understands that I dont want to compete in judo. I want to fight MMA.

In any case, I havn't been back after that conversation. I may go back and finish out the last 2- 3 weeks of my contact, but if I do, i'm going to try to just split off from the group with someone and randori all night.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 3:21pm

Style: Yudo, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FictionPimp
    yes, apparently because if I was to stand up (which by the way was more of a squat with my feet under me) in competition we would be reset and both be on our feet. So I was breaking the rules
    Nothing is wrong with standing up. It's not illegal in Judo tournie and escaping groundwork back to standup position is pretty good skill. Your instructor may think you are wussying out of groundwork but if he knows u do bjj, i don't understand why he would have problem with that.

Also, there's this technique called daki age which is basically lifting your opponent from ground which is legal technique in competition so i don't think ure instructor will bitch about that. Next time, hold his lapel (like hugging him) and try to lift. I think Judo rule wise, if you hold him and lift him high enough, judge will award you ippon. because in practical application, next step after lift would be just to slam down.

http://judoinfo.com/dakiage.htm

Quote Originally Posted by FictionPimp
    I want to learn how to effectivly throw people on their head and then submit them.
    As for slamming on people on head, it really doesn't take much to do it. Just slight difference from doing textbook execution of throws. Although I seriously don't recommend it unless you seriously want to injure someone. A hard ippon throw is plenty enough to buy you couple or few seconds for you to position ureself for submission game.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 4:12pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is off subject. But BJJ needs to change it's prices. If it doesn't BJJ will be just a bunch of middle class white people from the suburbs. Poor people have always been the best fighters.
    BJJ has always been for the better off folk. The poor folk in Brazil did Capoeira.
    And this is coming from marcus soares, not me.

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 8:46pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuma-Gorath
    He couldn't tell me anything about the club he supposedly trains at last time I asked.

It's cute that you're trying to troll me Hannibal, but the hardest throws I've ever taken have been done in BJJ class. In Judo they spent too much time complaining that I didn't release when they tried to stand out of my triangles.
    Tssst.

Such a pathetic excuse.Much like yourself really.

The same thing happens with me. I nail the senior grades with neck cranks when we do ground fighting. They tap out. They don't complain.

But when we do stand up grappling they make me pay for it big-time. They slam me down hard. I got thrown so hard with the shoulder-wheel throw once I almost passed out. My insturctor smiles and says "Okay smart ass, lets see s'more of that BJJ crap".
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 8:55pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal
    Tssst.

Such a pathetic excuse.Much like yourself really.

The same thing happens with me. I nail the senior grades with neck cranks when we do ground fighting. They tap out. They don't complain.

But when we do stand up grappling they make me pay for it big-time. They slam me down hard. I got thrown so hard with the shoulder-wheel throw once I almost passed out. My insturctor smiles and says "Okay smart ass, lets see s'more of that BJJ crap".
    You don't do BJJ, so essentially what you're telling me is that you can tap your instructor with a headlock and he responds by making ignorant remarks.

If you (generally and specifically) can tap your instructor then there is a big problem with the school's curriculum.

resident sick ****

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 12:51am

Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't worry Hannibal I hate Shuma Gorath too. He always kicks my ass in Marvel Vs. Capcom 2.

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 1:24am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuma-Gorath
    You don't do BJJ, so essentially what you're telling me is that you can tap your instructor with a headlock and he responds by making ignorant remarks.

If you (generally and specifically) can tap your instructor then there is a big problem with the school's curriculum.

Can't you read. I never said I can tapout my Judo instructor.

I said I nailed some of the senior grades with neck cranks. They are not commonly taught in Judo but whenever I am getting my ass kicked I like to do them just to even up the score. Something I learnt to do in Bujinkan.

Anyway, using neck cranks on students really pisses my instructor off, so he gets me back by throwing me as hard as he can.

By the way my insturctor is one of the most highly qualified Judo instructors in Australia. Don't believe me ?

Go to this website. www.budokan-judo-club.com. Click on the Coaches title and scroll down. Take a gander at my coaches Judo history. I think you'll be amazed.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 1:58am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I said I nailed some of the senior grades with neck cranks. They are not commonly taught in Judo but whenever I am getting my ass kicked I like to do them just to even up the score. Something I learnt to do in Bujinkan.

Go to this website. www.budokan-judo-club.com. Click on the Coaches title and scroll down. Take a gander at my coaches Judo history. I think you'll be amazed.
    I will e-mail them to let them know a guy is pretending to train there and claiming they tap to ninja crappling.

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 2:00am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can do what you fucking well like.

Even better. Come on down and see for yourself. Oh wait. You don't like being thrown.

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 2:02am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Anyway, using neck cranks on students really pisses my instructor off, so he gets me back by throwing me as hard as he can.
    So basically what you're saying is you are a twat in class.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 9 LastLast