Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/03/2006 3:35pm

Style: Arnis, judo, Taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mantis
    Do you mean, no body count, no big deal kind of thing?

I see violent criminals all the time (almost every day) So I don't think violent crime is all that rare (you must live in Palo Alto). Shooting into houses is probably more rare, I wouldn't expect the common thief to do it as part of their robbery scheme. They're more into stealth. Some burglars may go into it with violence in mind (particularly rape) but most want to grab some loot and go.

The types I've had in the past break in and steal money (wallets/purses) and grab the car keys and make off with the cars without waking anybody up. They don't want to deal with people.
    Ok let me rephrase. If you take into account the amount of crime that occurs only a small fraction of it is violent crime. Most of that is Simple assult, after that it goes into assult with intent, sex offences, homicide, ect.

Where do you see these criminals, what do you do for a living. It is like my sister when she was a Victem advocate she only saw DV victems or sex assult victems so she thought it was super common.

Most criminals are of the steal stuff type.

One more thing.... You are much more likely to be killed/attmepted to be killed by someone you know. This concept of home defence is a bit paranoid, go to www,doj.gov they have great crime stats. I would but i am at work so i can't .
    Last edited by Planktime; 4/03/2006 3:39pm at .

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    4/03/2006 3:53pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Most of the "crimes" that I come across involve drugs. If drugs were legal, it would relieve the criminal justice system greatly.

After them (possession/abuse people) I would put the thieves. And many times, they are motivated to that end by the drugs they are using.

Then I would put domestics. I don't even want to consider the failure to support dependents, because they almost shouldn't be felons for that. Or I would institute a program that cleared those convictions once they pay the debts of support.

Anyway, I see these people in court rooms, as I find myself hanging out there a lot.

Simple assault is still considered a crime of violence.
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/03/2006 3:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Most of the "crimes" that I come across involve drugs. If drugs were legal, it would relieve the criminal justice system greatly.

After them (possession/abuse people) I would put the thieves. And many times, they are motivated to that end by the drugs they are using.

Then I would put domestics. I don't even want to consider the failure to support dependents, because they almost shouldn't be felons for that. Or I would institute a program that cleared those convictions once they pay the debts of support.

Anyway, I see these people in court rooms, as I find myself hanging out there a lot.

Simple assault is still considered a crime of violence.
    I am not saying simple assault is not a crime of violence. However in the context of compareing it to shooting into an occupied structure with an assult rifle. It is much more common. Even simple assult is less common then car theft. Or shop lifting or petty drug violations. I am saying that it is irrational to prepare for a situation that is extremely unlikely.

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    4/03/2006 4:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Planktime
    I am saying that it is irrational to prepare for a situation that is extremely unlikely.
    When someone is shooting into your house, it is probably better to run for cover and call the police anyway.

Anyway, nobody I know whould try and shoot me, they all know better than to try some **** like that. But who knows, I have a tendency to attract the extremely unlikely circumstance.
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Posted On:
    4/03/2006 4:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyways, nobody I know whould try and shoot me. They all know I have a fucking Tommy Gun.
    fixed. :p

btw: Whoever had the brilliant idea of giving the gun nuts their own forum is a god-damn genius.
    Give that man a freaking medal!
    Last edited by Neildo; 4/03/2006 4:50pm at .
    :new_all_c

Posted On:
    4/03/2006 5:39pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, I think we discussed it a few months ago, but Phrost wanted to make sure there was interest before he made a forum just for it.

My only question about the new way the trechnique, tactics, etc forums are being done relates to what will happen to the DHS. I had my objections at first, but after viewing grappling forums on other websites, I quickly realized what a treasure a crappling free sanctuary is. I honestly think Aesopian's iron fist is the best moderating style for that forum, though apparently he's busy right now.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Posted On:
    4/03/2006 7:32pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo Bean
    Actually, I think we discussed it a few months ago, but Phrost wanted to make sure there was interest before he made a forum just for it.

My only question about the new way the trechnique, tactics, etc forums are being done relates to what will happen to the DHS. I had my objections at first, but after viewing grappling forums on other websites, I quickly realized what a treasure a crappling free sanctuary is. I honestly think Aesopian's iron fist is the best moderating style for that forum, though apparently he's busy right now.
    Give me some time. I'm still dealing with the huge influx of threads being dumped in from the old techniques forum.

The expanded scale of the forum will not change its scope.

Posted On:
    4/03/2006 11:19pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuma-Gorath
    Give me some time. I'm still dealing with the huge influx of threads being dumped in from the old techniques forum.

The expanded scale of the forum will not change its scope.
    After spending a few weeks reading Sherdog's grappling forum (among others), that's music to my ears.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 4:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Planktime
    Do they use speical projectiles or somthing?

It's some sort of engineered steel/aluminum blend metal, I believe.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 4:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

odd combination.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan
    It's some sort of engineered steel/aluminum blend metal, I believe.
    Hmmm.... Similar to the airlight frames S&W makes? Interesting, i would think you would loose some of the energy from the less massive material. I will have to look into this further it has my curiosity peaked now.

PT
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 LastLast