223530 Bullies, 3947 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/02/2006 11:57pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mantis
    I don't know if this is the best way to do things, but this is the way I have it layed out. I have a number of loaded weapons spewn around my house in various locations. In my nightstand, I have a .22 loaded with hollowpoint subsonic rounds. This is the gun I feel I can reach over, grab and fire multiple times in a half awake state.

In my living room, I have a .45 in one spot and a 12 ga in another, so I can pick depending on circumstances.

If I had to pick one gun for home defense it would be the .45.
    Do you have one at your Grandmother's house too?

:new_2guns

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    4/02/2006 11:59pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    Do you have one at your Grandmother's house too?

:new_2guns
    Yeah, but just a little .38.
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Competition Team Tag...yes?

Posted On:
    4/03/2006 12:02am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, DBMA, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greese
    What do you guys think the best gun for home defense is? I hear shotgun pretty consistantly, are there any other answers?
    Pay attention to SFGOON for why not a shotgun, he makes very good points. For someone without extensive experience with firearms, I'd recommend a revolver. Simplicity rules in stressful situations. KISS.

Me, I prefer my Glock 21 (.45).

Aloha, Poi
    Kuha'o - Kela - Koa

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/03/2006 12:05am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Only prob with the fiveSeven is that the ss190 ammo is LEO only. Civvies get ss196, which though still good, doesn't have the ummph and penetration of the 190.

If I had one choice, I would keep my GLOCK 30 .45 with 10 rd mags.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Posted On:
    4/03/2006 12:08am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, if you miss! The threat of shooting one of your family members through the wall should motivate you to practice marksmanship that much more.
    Hey, I miss in videogames and I've been playing them for half my life.

All I get for home defence is a couple clubs, a knife and good nightvision. However, if the gun laws here were more like yours I would still want science as a safety net for every single errant shot.

Posted On:
    4/03/2006 12:10am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well if I could bend Science to my will, I'd have a 7' tall, kevlar plated Asimo programmed to move like Cro-Cop.

Posted On:
    4/03/2006 12:31am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well if I could bend Science to my will, I'd have a 7' tall, kevlar plated Asimo programmed to move like Cro-Cop.
    Make sure to give him a tank of gas that lasts longer than 2 minutes. Someone forgot to do that when they built the prototype.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    4/03/2006 12:33am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Really? Come on man you have all of science.

How about nanites that mold the intruder into the shape of an armless, nublie girl and transports them to a chicago slum?
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/03/2006 7:51am

Style: Arnis, judo, Taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Shot guns for newbies handguns for pros.

Quote Originally Posted by poidog
    Pay attention to SFGOON for why not a shotgun, he makes very good points. For someone without extensive experience with firearms, I'd recommend a revolver. Simplicity rules in stressful situations. KISS.

Me, I prefer my Glock 21 (.45).

Aloha, Poi
    I actually disagree to some of what SFG says Poi. I am of the opinion that a shot gun is just as simple as a revolver and even easier to use. I would not recomend a 28" goose gun. However for right around $200-$250 you can get a home defence shotgun. Long guns are generally for most people more accurate, and in the home invaisions I have worked it goes like this.

1.) you are a puke and you owe someone money/drugs/vendetta. Bad guys kick in door beat/stab/or rarely shot you. 11% this is the case.

2.) You are an average guy bad guys are kick in your door because either you live with the guy above or they got bad info and have hit the wrong place. 1%

3.) You are asleep and alone, you maybe female, you think someone is in the house. You shelter in place (usually bedroom) with or with out a weapon. Police stop by clear your house and you are alone. 88%

In all of the 911 calls I have ever taken 1 time has there been a home invasion with shots fired. This was a case were some hispanic gang bangers wanted this guys daughter because she was the girlfriend of another gang member. Family hides in parents room dad has model 12 mossberg bad guys kick in bedroom door dad turns bad guys into hamberger.

So the lesson is this. If you are going to clear you house before calling the police, get some training on how to do it. If you feel more confortable with a hand gun buy one. If you are completely inexperienced with firearms stick with something you are less likely to shoot your self with. Also dont buy a 9mm if you are getting a semi-auto.
    Last edited by Planktime; 4/03/2006 7:54am at .

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    4/03/2006 8:14am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shotgun with Rock Salt. Won't go through walls, won't kill, but it will knock out fucking superman.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast