Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 67 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2005 3:54am

Style: casual

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I also agree...good article..thanks for the time spent in writing it.

I was in the old TKD - actually the old Moo Duk Kwan - back when there were still kwans (seperate schools of thought) - back in the 60 - 70's. It was one hell of alot different than the TKD of the USA today (though a few old pockets still survive..barely).

I am associated with RMA now - and have abit of experience with the 'russian work ethic'.....kinda like the difference between chromed barbells to old rusty iron kettlebells.

In NYC, where I live - there is a HUGE russian community. And a few TKD schools in Brighton Beach, Bklyn...and they do the old school TKD to the max. At 51 years old...ah, brings back memories of a storefront dojang in Flatbush....about 30 years ago.

I have friends who are in Moscow..and a few N. American locals now. They did state things about the oriental arts as being taught now in Russia; that reflect very much your post.

I thank you once more for the article and will refer those friends who would understand it, from their personal experience.

('._.)

Posted On:
    11/17/2005 4:13am

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great article, I actually read it all...even though it took me a while.

Russians are harcore martial artists, and that guy explains very well why. Igor Vonvchanchin for an example, grew up in a dangerous place and was always getting into streetfights when he was young. So he learned martial arts and pwned Pride. Same goes for the Brazilians, Rio is a dangerous city...

We westerners have it too good. We´re a bunch of wimps.
    Last edited by Draven; 11/17/2005 12:37pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2005 4:34am

Style: jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I stopped reading somewhere after the guy's "acquaintance" "killed" 3 guys and got "stabbed" with a razor blade in the side and got cut deep in his forearm. The guy sucked. If there's 3 guys and only one razor blade how do get fucked up like that. Are we now talking about 3 guys with razor blades, f'n likely. Guy pulls out a razor blade and you Karate puch his friend to the right, he stabs you with his blade, you punch the guy to his left, he slashes your arm to the bone, you suck. That's how I don't see the scenario going down. Is this a site for bullshido or for bullshido. You tell me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2005 5:07am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    im sure you're trying to say something, problem is i didnt understand a fuckin word.

Hi, guys

Posted On:
    11/17/2005 5:43am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DSDbronson. You just proved you know jack **** about how a fight can happen even in confined safe places like a dojo. I suggest you go **** yourself just for good measure.

I don't even give a **** how cooky some stories can seem when you comment it like that.
    More human than human is our motto.

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    11/17/2005 6:16am

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RobG
    I also agree...good article..thanks for the time spent in writing it.

I was in the old TKD - actually the old Moo Duk Kwan - back when there were still kwans (seperate schools of thought) - back in the 60 - 70's. It was one hell of alot different than the TKD of the USA today (though a few old pockets still survive..barely).
    oooooh....Mu Duk Kwan!

I am about 80% certain that that's what I actually started in when I say "TKD" because after I left that school, where I had trained for 4 years, looked for a new "TKD" school, my long journey of martial arts "tourism" started basically because no TKD school I ever visited...and there were MANY....beared and even vague resemblence to my original TKD school in Pasadena with one master Young Park.

Many years later when my library of MA books was getting out of controll I started searching through all the various books out there with photo walk thoughs of the various forms and discovered that the TKD forms of both the WTF and the other one beared not even the faintest resemblance to what I had learned. The one book I found on Mu Duk Kwan was pretty damn close. Not exactly the same but damn near.

It's just wierd to hear someone else mention that obscure little corner of the Korean MA world.
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/17/2005 7:54am

supporting member
     Style: na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DSDbronson
    I stopped reading somewhere after the guy's "acquaintance" "killed" 3 guys and got "stabbed" with a razor blade in the side and got cut deep in his forearm. The guy sucked. If there's 3 guys and only one razor blade how do get fucked up like that. Are we now talking about 3 guys with razor blades, f'n likely. Guy pulls out a razor blade and you Karate puch his friend to the right, he stabs you with his blade, you punch the guy to his left, he slashes your arm to the bone, you suck. That's how I don't see the scenario going down. Is this a site for bullshido or for bullshido. You tell me.
    You obviously have never been in a fight for your life so you should not show your ignorance with the retarded comment above.
    Last edited by MONGO; 11/17/2005 8:02am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2005 8:09am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't doubt bullshido ever! And you better mind my words! All I said is it sounded like bs and look how offended it got you. Are you sure you're in the business of bullshido. Not only must you swallow it but I must swallow it or else?

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/17/2005 8:13am

supporting member
     Style: na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whether or not the story is true, is something else. Saying that something is unbelievable because the martial artist got hurt in a fight is ignorant. The only reason I or anyone else should be offended is you pass yourself off as a martial artist and obviously don't understand the actual risks involved with fighting.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2005 8:27am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MONGO
    Whether or not the story is true, is something else. Saying that something is unbelievable because the martial artist got hurt in a fight is ignorant. The only reason I or anyone else should be offended is you pass yourself off as a martial artist and obviously don't understand the actual risks involved with fighting.
    I said he sucked if the story were true. If the story were true.

You said "martial artist got hurt in a fight". The story said he killed all 3 but implies he got fully mugged and ass raped by the one guy with the blade(razorblade) first. I could pass myself off as a geek with a lucky punch and not get raped by the one guy with a weapon before I killed all 3. If he just dove on the guy with the blade he wouldn't of gotten ass raped with a fucking razor the way he did. Story sucks and if it's true I'm pretty sure he sucked. If you think it was so great I would ditch martial arts and go look for a little girl to teach you how to fight. Seriously. BUSTED

The story aint true and that's why I'm not applauding this thing on a forum that's supposed to bust bullshido.
    Last edited by DSDbronson; 11/17/2005 8:32am at .
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 67 LastLast