Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    3/01/2004 12:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bumping Hapko3's hilarious thread...
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    1/23/2005 2:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So the tales of the people who crushed flying potatos midair with their fists and such don't bother you folks?

I realize the article as a whole is extremely well done and the author does a good job of saying some things that ought to be said, but does that sound plausible?

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    1/23/2005 3:06pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DonGwin: Casts Res
    Thread gains 500hp
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

On the wrong side of the pond for gong sau

Posted On:
    1/24/2005 3:58am

supporting member
     Style: San shou(tai chi) +judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *Takes raw potato outside to play with.*
    I'm only doing this in the interests of science you understand.
    Last edited by Jekyll; 1/24/2005 4:24am at .

Quote Originally Posted by Stickx
    It must suck for legit practitioners of tai chi like Cullion to see their art get all watered down into exercise for seniors.
    Those who esteme qi have no strength. ~ Exposition of Insights into the Thirteen Postures Attrib: Wu Yuxiang founder of Wu style tai chi.

Posted On:
    1/24/2005 4:23am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *Comes back, wipes jucie off hand.*
    From now on I shall be known as 'potatohand'.
    Actually its pretty fucking easy. I screwed up the punch and hit it at the top giving it lots of spin. It still split in half.

It must suck for legit practitioners of tai chi like Cullion to see their art get all watered down into exercise for seniors.
    Those who esteme qi have no strength. ~ Exposition of Insights into the Thirteen Postures Attrib: Wu Yuxiang founder of Wu style tai chi.

Taking a break

Posted On:
    1/24/2005 5:12am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You used weak decadent western potatoes, not stalinist eastern potato used in building trade.
    </red elvis>
    Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Posted On:
    1/24/2005 5:41am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wodka trade not building trade!
    Building is a waste of pevectly good potatoes.

Edit: Damn you bullshido.......
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to HAPKO3 again.

Professional Swede

Posted On:
    1/24/2005 10:40am

Style: Sandbagged BJJ white belt

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was a good article. Thanks for translating it HAPKO3.

On a sidenote, there's a russian Sambo-guy coming to my McDojo infested school in february. I'm looking forward to it.
    I pointed at him [the panhandler], bringing my rear hand up in a subtle approximation of the double Wu Sau guard that is the default hand position in Wing Chun Kung Fu.

"Step away," I hissed.
    -Phil Elmore

Bonta-kun

Posted On:
    1/24/2005 11:02am

Style: fumoffu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After i heard from a kyokushin BB how the Russian kyokushin fighters train,i have my utmost respect for true Russian CMAist~~~
    "People think that judo is only unarmed combat - but you are never unarmed when you can hit someone with a planet. "
    - Uncyclopedia entry on Judo

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2005 3:07am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    best article in the world, im showing it to my instructor because sometimes he says silly things about russians.

but, he does complain every fuckin class, i mean, dozens of times in each class how everyone and their mom lacks any combative spirit, cept a few guys and the blackbelts, so he cant be a bad guy.
    i guess there's nothing to do about it, the best guy below blackbelt is a farmer's son, he's utter awesome after 3 years of judo, may have something to do with the wakeup at 6 everyday and working and ****.

it kind of frustrates me, im a 1 month noob and ive been able to TAP purples (note that this doesnt equal to a BJJ purple in any way) i know judo is not bjj on the ground but that just shouldnt happen.
    they do dominate me standup, but not as much as they should either.
    its frustrating because i know id get owned bad in a good, competitive school (this one is just recreational judo) but i cant afford anything else now for various reasons.

i even hear "its not a fight for your life..." everytime i do randori agains one of the higher guys, cant remember his belt, and im NOT going all out, far from it, he really annoys the **** out of me.
    we also have a retard (yes, a retard) coming occasionaly, i dont know if you ever seen a retard at a judo class, but it aint pretty, he just stands around mimicking the instructor and laughing funny. then we have a 16yo girl who spends every fuckin lesson complaining, not doing anything and sitting, yes, sitting, makes you want to beat her.

i think ill go crazy.

but there's some good, im able to do randori and roll for cheap with some good guys, learning judo techs, and there's the jujitsu classes.

jujitsu classes are just basic self defense stuff with a twist, while the classes are as boring as you could expect a SD course to be, you dont break a sweat, but the two times i attended i was able to spar with some JJJ blackbelts when i asked to, basically anything goes except dangerous stuff and we keep it semi contact (no gear)
    its very satisfying, and i think the fact that they DO show you went they could insert stuffinto your eyes during groundfighting is a good experience ill probably not get from MMA/sports alone, it forces you to keep your head in a good position where they cant reach. i showed one guy it was really impossible to catch even crappy boxing combos.
    this post might seem like i dont know i suck, well, i do know that i suck, im just frustrated and need to vent.

there's no reason this topic shouldnt be on 1st page, too.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 567 LastLast