Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    8/18/2005 3:34am

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The wisdom of fightingarts.com

As I am getting zergling rushed, I thought I should share the big, veiny cocks of the fightingarts forums before I am erased from time. I encourage all members to join and, uh, engage in reasoned debate.

Innapropriate Bunkai is always good for a laugh or two.

My own frantic defense of my base is a good way to start. Two things to note:

1: My own geeky hobbies as a teenager are made fun of by men who believe in KI STARES.
    2: The Fred Villari TOURNAMENT OF DOOM comes back to haunt us in a very unexpected way.

Stickied on the aikido forum. That's me, by the way.
    To all forum members,

Please do not respond to the aikido-bashing ignorance being spouted by Ubermint.

Ubermint is a Bullshido troll.

All posts by Ubermint that do not fit the policy guidelines for this forum will be deleted, as will any other posts, by him or anyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushi_no_ki
    MattJ and I were having a conversation in another thread on sweeps about leg buckles, and this coversation led me to use an example about an AKK technique in which by changing one thing and adding a buckle, you come up with a technique hidden in the original technique.

How many people out there would say this is true of the style they practice. I say it's true of AKK, because that one technique isn't the only one I could find a hidden technique in.
    Good god
    Quote Originally Posted by victor smith
    A far different example is from the teachings I experienced with Tris
    Sutrisno. One time he disappeared from my strike to end up standing on
    my shoulders, but his aikido drills would as frequently shift to
    remove himself from an attack, and his tjimande would ground himself,
    dropping beneath the opponents attack to strike from below.
    Gichin Funakoshi's senior students have told stories of how, after being instructed to attack him, could not lay a hand on him as he would just "disappear" and end up behind them, tapping on their shoulders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Smith
    No the use of karate for nightfighting is not a legend.

Consider likely even 100 years ago there wasn't electricty in Okinawa, and reportedly karate was practiced at night. Does a logical person conclude the Okinawan's would not have included the limitations of low level combat in their training...
    In the Isshinryu system, its founder reportedly saw how Kusanku kata could be used to defend himself from attack in his home at night.
    Pressure Points Or: lethal levels of esotericity

I have heard some theories about the famed death touch...some of which make more sense then others. One is similar to the strike performed in Bloodsport on the bricks where a specific brick was chosen and the energy of the strike was dictated to detonate there instead of the previous bricks
    We spent a great deal of time on energy development and application one interesting thing we found during the Kiai-jitsu section. We worked several different sounds to explore their impact. For an example to demonstrate the up sound Master Panatazi had each pair lift some one first just with normal body weight, then as dead weight and then lift the dead weight saying to up sound. It was easier to lift the dead weight with the up sound; I frankly found it easier than normal weight.
    I never knew pretentiosity could snowball so:

Quantum and theoretical physics agrees with you. There is ki/qi/chi. There is also Ch'i. You can't prove the soul or qi exists now, but people who know the truth don't need proof.

Science is often limited and self-defeating due to the "burden of proof". If reality is subjective, and perception is illusion then proof is often no different than consensus opinion. Entropy and Order are eternally grappling. Can you concretely realize the limits of both sides? Gotta try I guess.
    We must never allow TMAists to grapple.

another example, an armbar. instead of just applying pressure to the elbow in general, dig your knuckles into the point just above the elbow joint on the back of the arm (triple warmer 11) dig your knuckles in (rub, you can strike it with no effect...RUB it)and towards the elbow, remember also to grab the wrist because this actually activates wrist points, one of which is listed above. tw-11 is about an inch above the elbow joint (or so) on the back of the arm.
    Assorted cocks, sad and deflated in the bargain bin:

All martial arts are meant for killing.

The difference is how this fact is worked with by various arts, styles and schools. Most places "sneak-up" on the fact by teaching the most superficial and non-lethal material first and saving the most lethal for later.
    Peter, despite your best efforts, it appears that Aikido is the enemy of all life.

Well, you don't dodge and wait. It's more like bullfighting. It doesn't matter how big he is or how hard he punches if he misses. And aikido makes him miss by a very small margin. Done just right, that alone can cause him to fall, or even fly through the air.
    Also, there is a tremendous psychological element to deep aikido (as opposed to shallow aikido). They say, "The art of aiki is to overcome the opponent mentally, at a glance, and win without fighting." A really good aikido man can subtly disorient a potential attacker and weaken his focus and his will to attack. Likewise, if he wanted, he could lure the attacker to make a poorly chosen and badly timed attack, and wind up getting a taste of sidewalk.
    Back this up with one more thing: aikido has one central deadly technique which can kill in one stroke. If the aikido man is aware of this technique and is willing to apply it, this also communicates to the harasser. You don't bow up, you don't cow down, you don't get in a stance, but you look at him and you are able, ready and willng, very calmly, to shut down his nervous system for good. And something deep inside his mind says, "Let's find another patsy." And he walks away and leaves you alone.
    When the attacker realizes that you are really about to strike to kill and he feels that any step or move he makes toward you will put him smack in the middle of your technique, and you in your heart know that you will do it, he just changes his mind. I have had about five such encounters in over 30 years of martial arts training.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

The Eternal n00b

Posted On:
    8/18/2005 3:53am

Join us... or die
     Style: CM Boxing/BJJ/RBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's kind of interesting. I wish you had brought it up sooner so I could participate, since I spent around 8 years doing goju ryu karate before changing to MMA.

I find it disappointing some of the people there reverted to an argument that looked suspicously like "the sprawl doesn't work on the street".

nuthin' ta f*ck with

Posted On:
    8/18/2005 4:15am

supporting member
     Style: MT/SUB GRAPPLING

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't see a sprawl but I saw some wonderful ballet.

[goes off to shut someone's nervous system down for good]

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    8/18/2005 6:12am

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    * slits wrist with butter knife *

Still digging on James Brown

Posted On:
    8/18/2005 8:13am

Style: BJJ & Judo (1k)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "We spent a great deal of time on energy development and application one interesting thing we found during the Kiai-jitsu section. We worked several different sounds to explore their impact. For an example to demonstrate the up sound Master Panatazi had each pair lift some one first just with normal body weight, then as dead weight and then lift the dead weight saying to up sound. It was easier to lift the dead weight with the up sound; I frankly found it easier than normal weight."

Imagine if someone got that on tape..
    "WOOOP!"
    "PIOOOOOO!"
    "NUUUU!"
    "NI!"

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    8/18/2005 9:53am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeddy
    I find it disappointing some of the people there reverted to an argument that looked suspicously like "the sprawl doesn't work on the street".
    I heard that one just the other day. When I sprawled on him and bloodied his nose off the mat, I apologized for using a technique that wasn't supposed to work.

Dumbasses.

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    8/18/2005 10:17am

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess everyone forgot how I found myself here.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22327

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2005 10:32am

Style: Maybe Kyokushin soon...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote:

"Quantum and theoretical physics agrees with you. There is ki/qi/chi. There is also Ch'i. You can't prove the soul or qi exists now, but people who know the truth don't need proof.

Science is often limited and self-defeating due to the "burden of proof". If reality is subjective, and perception is illusion then proof is often no different than consensus opinion. Entropy and Order are eternally grappling. Can you concretely realize the limits of both sides? Gotta try I guess."

Thats right. And I get my fucking quarters from the toothfairy when my teeth fall out. What the **** is wrong with these people? Entropy and Order are eternally grappling? Is this some sort of shot at BJJ? Or better yet what do you get if you tap out Order? Or Entropy?

Posted On:
    8/18/2005 10:41am

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaric
    Quote:

"Quantum and theoretical physics agrees with you. There is ki/qi/chi. There is also Ch'i. You can't prove the soul or qi exists now, but people who know the truth don't need proof.

Science is often limited and self-defeating due to the "burden of proof". If reality is subjective, and perception is illusion then proof is often no different than consensus opinion. Entropy and Order are eternally grappling. Can you concretely realize the limits of both sides? Gotta try I guess."

Thats right. And I get my fucking quarters from the toothfairy when my teeth fall out. What the **** is wrong with these people? Entropy and Order are eternally grappling? Is this some sort of shot at BJJ? Or better yet what do you get if you tap out Order? Or Entropy?

Ya gotta love Aikido-ka -- the ultimate tree-huggin new age funkin hippies of martial arts.

I've nothing against aikido, really, but it seems to attract the fruitiest of wannabess. I tried aikido briefly in college and this was definitely the case there as well.

Oh, and none of them could punch or fight for ****, so of course I didn't believe any of their **** would work (I was a nidan in karate back then.)

I've heard there are more fighting-oriented aikido styles though. I suspect the fruities stay away from them. Wouldn't want to hurt their limp wrists throwing a punch or anything.

-daGorilla

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/18/2005 10:43am

supporting member
     Style: white boy jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaric
    Quote:

why do they always have to use "science" dammit! that person seems to be confused, entropy and order are not eternally grappling. order is only turning to entropy (if we use the universe as the closed system). there's no entropy turning to order. localized "entropy" may be turned to "order", but only at the expense of entropy somewhere else. there's no such thing as a free lunch.
Page 1 of 36 1 234511 ... LastLast