Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2005 6:53pm

Style: kung-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

my years at west-wind

Hi all,

Just came across this website, and was reading about bunyip's experiance at west-wind karate school. Spent nearly 7 years there myself........why????...who knows, I was hooked I guess. When I started there was no C.O.R.E, and there were still 7 schools in their system, the one I attended was close to my home at the time, which was a plus. I started with two of my kids, thought it would be fun to train together, and it was.....at first. This is a really long story, so I won't bore all of you with the whole thing today. Like I said, when I started there was no C.O.R.E..I dealt directly with the staff, and they were really nice to me and the kids....and I must say that all those teachers who were so cool, and nice to us....are no longer with west-wind...hmmmmmmm...wonder why. Could it be they finally saw thru all the crap??? Like I did...who knows.

Well, I was hooked from the start, and it seemed affordable, I mean, really, I was training with my two kids also....so was paying about $500 a month, If I add it all up now......ouch...7 years and about $12,000, and I did almost make it to black....almost, but thats another story.

My first year was a blur, I advanced very fast, got student of the year award, and blew out my knee 3 days before my first tournyment...not fun, the knee thing. But I was determined, and even went to classes in a cast....god, what a jerk I was. I truly did enjoy my time at the dojo...I didn;t have to be a mom...a wife...I could just be me...it was cool. I do admit that from the start I felt that it was a bit strict, but I was getting a great work out, and the kids enjoyed it, so I let the a__ kissing go by me. Everything that bunyip mentioned is true, every bit, I was laughing like crazy reading his story.....and wanted to cry at the same time. Thinking back now, I really feel that I stayed so long...not for the art...but for the time away from a bad marraige, and the chaos of life in genersl. So I dove in...heart and sole...west-wind was my life...my family, my home away from home. I went to the school sometimes 3 times a day...classes...lessons...and just to work out on my own. I got to the green belt at that school....so close to home I could walk there.....then....they closed my school, and now I had to drive across the bay to the Berkeley school...and oh what a difference....more to come folks...if you're interested????

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    6/19/2005 6:58pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes please.

The important thing is that you left the school, and it's over. 7 years or no, they won't be getting another dime from you.

PL

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2005 7:05pm

Style: kung-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    cool, I will be back to share more......

Posted On:
    6/19/2005 7:12pm

Style: Silat, New to Hsing- Yi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    more please , and thanks for sharing...
    "Its not important to be strong, its just important not to be weak."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2005 8:12pm

Style: BJJ, WMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, stories like yours are the whole reason we're around. Phil, Ashida Kim, and the rest of the idiots are nice to laugh at, but our real purpose is to expose the money-grabbing McDojos hiding in every suburb.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    6/19/2005 8:35pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for sharing. It's important to understand what kinds of things these frauds can perpetuate.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Welterweight

Posted On:
    6/19/2005 10:25pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ and then some

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    please PM me if you have the ability, or write to farouke53@hotmail.com so we can talk about this some more.

Posted On:
    6/19/2005 11:02pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Beka is looking into Westwind, and does a good job of it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2005 11:48pm

Style: none currently

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please do go on:)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/19/2005 11:56pm

Style: Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    $500 a month? wow.

at least you were having fun... i guess.
Page 1 of 11 1 2345 ... LastLast