Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/01/2006 10:35pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Kyokushinkai vs Muay Thai

First of all, I know there are threads containing references to this, but I can't find a definite answer anywhere. Did Mas Oyama and Yoshiji Soeno really fight and defeat Thai fighters "Black Cobra", and "Reiba"? There are a few articles here and there but no pictures or coments from the men themselves.

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    4/01/2006 10:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do know for a fact that Mas Oyama was the first to take a team of Karate fighters from Japan to take on Thailands to Muay Tai fighters and they did quite well. This was not recent. It happened 30 years ago I think.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    4/01/2006 10:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by odacon
    First of all, I know there are threads containing references to this, but I can't find a definite answer anywhere. Did Mas Oyama and Yoshiji Soeno really fight and defeat Thai fighters "Black Cobra", and "Reiba"? There are a few articles here and there but no pictures or coments from the men themselves.
    It is a fact that Oyama, Soeno, and Terutomo went to Thailand and fought many Thai fighters. The actual names of the fighters is kind of hard to verifiy since BLACK COBRA and REIBA were most likely nicknames and pple change them or forget them.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    4/02/2006 10:52am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any pictures of those matches? I know it was in the fifties but so was Kimura/Gracie, and there was even video of that. In fact, are there any pics of Oyama in action when he was young? Apart from against bulls of course.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/02/2006 12:49pm

Style: BJJ and MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i could see a good Kyokushin guy doing well against a MT guy. i didnt know there were challenge matches though.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    4/02/2006 1:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, apparently the only karateka who accepted were Oyama's guys... or so the story goes.

Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher

Posted On:
    4/03/2006 12:02am

supporting member
     Style: n/a (ex-Karate)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by odacon
    Any pictures of those matches? I know it was in the fifties but so was Kimura/Gracie, and there was even video of that. In fact, are there any pics of Oyama in action when he was young? Apart from against bulls of course.
    If you follow this search through, you should find a few short videos of Oyama:

http://www.altavista.com/video/resul...mvd=all&stq=20

They usually show him doing kata, hitting a makiwara, or beating up blackbelts (as a middle-aged man).
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon

resident sick ****

Posted On:
    4/03/2006 12:51am

Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    4/03/2006 12:57am

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD ASIA
    It is a fact that Oyama, Soeno, and Terutomo went to Thailand and fought many Thai fighters. The actual names of the fighters is kind of hard to verifiy since BLACK COBRA and REIBA were most likely nicknames and pple change them or forget them.
    Apparently this is kind of an issue with fighters in Thailand and certain ranking systems. It seems most of the fighters generally just go by ring names (which often change) and so orginazations like WIKBA and what not rarely tend to give out rankings to fighters in Thailand.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

('._.)

Posted On:
    4/03/2006 2:04am

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Watch K-1 if you want to see Kyokishin VS Muay Thai matches. Most of the KK fighters do boxing or MT with it though due to the lack of headpunches in their art so its not strictly style VS style.
Page 1 of 30 1 234511 ... LastLast