Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. #11
    Stringfellow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    167
    Style
    MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well now, to be completely fair (yeah, leave it to me to ruin everybody's fun - I know), these clips are from an instructional video, where the guy is being cooperative.

    That said, anyone want to give pecentages on each technique working on an uncooperative opponent? I mean, if we're going to pick these apart, let's be specific, eh.

  2. #12
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    9,277
    Style
    lol yet again more Judo !
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringfellow
    Well now, to be completely fair (yeah, leave it to me to ruin everybody's fun - I know), these clips are from an instructional video, where the guy is being cooperative.

    That said, anyone want to give pecentages on each technique working on an uncooperative opponent? I mean, if we're going to pick these apart, let's be specific, eh.
    http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=sg74mp

    Phon Sao #15
    extremely low %

    Throw a left cross with that first crappy floppy right jab , instead of using it to slap at the little fellows guard .

    OR

    Cover up , then clinch the little fucktard , throw him down and kick him in his face for slapping at you when you have a 50 lbs and a number of inches on him .

    OR

    Throw a second and/or third strike driving through his feeble guard .
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

  3. #13
    TKD Black Belt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    In a van down by the river.
    Posts
    2,226
    Style
    Whoo-Hoo-Fu!
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BFM no worries, as you can see the man they call Kevin of Randleman was able to properly use 'anti-grappling' in his fight against _ing _un Supreme Soke Fedor.

    TKD

  4. #14
    Stringfellow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    167
    Style
    MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=sg74mp

    Phon Sao #15
    extremely low %

    Throw a left cross with that first crappy floppy right jab , instead of using it to slap at the little fellows guard .

    OR

    Cover up , then clinch the little fucktard , throw him down and kick him in his face for slapping at you when you have a 50 lbs and a number of inches on him .

    OR

    Throw a second and/or third strike driving through his feeble guard .
    Now we're talking. :eusa_clap

  5. #15
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    9,277
    Style
    lol yet again more Judo !
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.zippyvideos.com/8533047494519886/takedown7/

    Takedown 7
    LOW %

    again you throw punches in bunches ... defense falls to crap .


    the wristlock ... well it could work against a severely drunk attacker ... who is frail .. and limp wristed when he/she punches with single hand strike . The lock also hinges on catching and trapping the arm well enough to control the wrist by the palm and back of hand . You then have to move forward into the attackers space to set/sink the lock in . During this time you are going to eat a hook or cross .

    * groans *

    I don't want to watch it anymore to pick it apart . It sucks ... I mean just look at those vids .. christ almighty what the **** are they thinking ?
    Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 4/01/2006 9:25pm at .
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,069
    Style
    BJJ, Ju-Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To be completely fair, a Pak Sao (which is very similiar to a A boxing parry) is a very effective way of dealing with a jab.

    There are a couple of Pak Saos contained within that Phon Sao Video. Just to take the time and wade through that amount of crap to get that one good nugget seems to me a like taking the long trip to the supermarket, instead of going to the one just across the street.

    There probably are a fair number of fairly effective techniques completely hidden within Fang Shen Do -- that is, even hidden from the guys in the video as they dont seem to have a clue as to how to parry a punch.

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    482
    Style
    Kyokushin
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringfellow
    Well now, to be completely fair (yeah, leave it to me to ruin everybody's fun - I know), these clips are from an instructional video, where the guy is being cooperative.

    That said, anyone want to give pecentages on each technique working on an uncooperative opponent? I mean, if we're going to pick these apart, let's be specific, eh.
    By "give percentages" and "be specific," do you mean "make up numbers?" 'Cause if that's the case, I'm in.

  8. #18
    TKD Black Belt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    In a van down by the river.
    Posts
    2,226
    Style
    Whoo-Hoo-Fu!
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringfellow
    That said, anyone want to give pecentages on each technique working on an uncooperative opponent? I mean, if we're going to pick these apart, let's be specific, eh.
    :laughing4 :laughing4 :laughing4 :laughing4 :laughing4 :laughing4 :laughing4

    This reminds me of a Karate demo I saw once. The instructor brought this guy from the crowd to demonstrate the effectiveness of his technique in defeating an attacker. (We of course know we could never do this in TKD as we'd most likely kill anyone who didn't know what they were doing, but I digress). The instructor then set up this elaborate 'natural' scenario which was so scripted that a blind, one armed monkey with a week's worth of FSD could have effectively blocked the punch.

    People!!! When the most dangerous attacker you've ever seen your instructor deal with is the new student's in the club, HE CAN'T FIGHT!!!

    TKD

    If I roll up the sleeves of my silk top does it make me look more masculine?!?

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    58
    Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I never thought anything to do with martial arts could be somehow more gay than dying from playing World of Warcraft too much...

    Then I saw these videos....

  10. #20
    TKD Black Belt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    In a van down by the river.
    Posts
    2,226
    Style
    Whoo-Hoo-Fu!
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    the wristlock ... well it could work against a severely drunk attacker ... who is frail .. and limp wristed when he/she punches with single hand strike .
    To be fair I do teach a variation on this technique to LEO the trick of course is that once the wrist is grabed you have a cuff on it and the motion works surprisingly well. That said, it is definitely a last resort technique.

    TKD

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO