Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/01/2006 6:56pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well now, to be completely fair (yeah, leave it to me to ruin everybody's fun - I know), these clips are from an instructional video, where the guy is being cooperative.

That said, anyone want to give pecentages on each technique working on an uncooperative opponent? I mean, if we're going to pick these apart, let's be specific, eh.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    4/01/2006 7:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringfellow
    Well now, to be completely fair (yeah, leave it to me to ruin everybody's fun - I know), these clips are from an instructional video, where the guy is being cooperative.

That said, anyone want to give pecentages on each technique working on an uncooperative opponent? I mean, if we're going to pick these apart, let's be specific, eh.
    http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=sg74mp

Phon Sao #15
    extremely low %

Throw a left cross with that first crappy floppy right jab , instead of using it to slap at the little fellows guard .

OR

Cover up , then clinch the little fucktard , throw him down and kick him in his face for slapping at you when you have a 50 lbs and a number of inches on him .

OR

Throw a second and/or third strike driving through his feeble guard .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    4/01/2006 8:37pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BFM no worries, as you can see the man they call Kevin of Randleman was able to properly use 'anti-grappling' in his fight against _ing _un Supreme Soke Fedor.

TKD

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/01/2006 9:15pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=sg74mp

Phon Sao #15
    extremely low %

Throw a left cross with that first crappy floppy right jab , instead of using it to slap at the little fellows guard .

OR

Cover up , then clinch the little fucktard , throw him down and kick him in his face for slapping at you when you have a 50 lbs and a number of inches on him .

OR

Throw a second and/or third strike driving through his feeble guard .
    Now we're talking. :eusa_clap

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    4/01/2006 9:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.zippyvideos.com/8533047494519886/takedown7/

Takedown 7
    LOW %

again you throw punches in bunches ... defense falls to crap .

the wristlock ... well it could work against a severely drunk attacker ... who is frail .. and limp wristed when he/she punches with single hand strike . The lock also hinges on catching and trapping the arm well enough to control the wrist by the palm and back of hand . You then have to move forward into the attackers space to set/sink the lock in . During this time you are going to eat a hook or cross .

* groans *

I don't want to watch it anymore to pick it apart . It sucks ... I mean just look at those vids .. christ almighty what the **** are they thinking ?
    Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 4/01/2006 9:25pm at .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    4/02/2006 12:28am

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To be completely fair, a Pak Sao (which is very similiar to a A boxing parry) is a very effective way of dealing with a jab.

There are a couple of Pak Saos contained within that Phon Sao Video. Just to take the time and wade through that amount of crap to get that one good nugget seems to me a like taking the long trip to the supermarket, instead of going to the one just across the street.

There probably are a fair number of fairly effective techniques completely hidden within Fang Shen Do -- that is, even hidden from the guys in the video as they dont seem to have a clue as to how to parry a punch.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/02/2006 8:51am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

By "give percentages" and "be specific," do you mean "make up numbers?" 'Cause if that's the case, I'm in.

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    4/02/2006 1:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :laughing4 :laughing4 :laughing4 :laughing4 :laughing4 :laughing4 :laughing4

This reminds me of a Karate demo I saw once. The instructor brought this guy from the crowd to demonstrate the effectiveness of his technique in defeating an attacker. (We of course know we could never do this in TKD as we'd most likely kill anyone who didn't know what they were doing, but I digress). The instructor then set up this elaborate 'natural' scenario which was so scripted that a blind, one armed monkey with a week's worth of FSD could have effectively blocked the punch.

People!!! When the most dangerous attacker you've ever seen your instructor deal with is the new student's in the club, HE CAN'T FIGHT!!!

TKD

If I roll up the sleeves of my silk top does it make me look more masculine?!?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/02/2006 5:53pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I never thought anything to do with martial arts could be somehow more gay than dying from playing World of Warcraft too much...

Then I saw these videos....

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 5:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    the wristlock ... well it could work against a severely drunk attacker ... who is frail .. and limp wristed when he/she punches with single hand strike .
    To be fair I do teach a variation on this technique to LEO the trick of course is that once the wrist is grabed you have a cuff on it and the motion works surprisingly well. That said, it is definitely a last resort technique.

TKD
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast