Thread: New Member Here

Style
    Elegant Dragon
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

New Member Here

Good day, I am aarondirebear.

I liv ein the San Francisco Bay area, formerly Alameda and currently Newark.

I found Bulllshido.net while searching google for information about my former school of martial arts: West Wind Bok Fu of Alameda.

I noticed a person called Beka posts about the subject a lot, I would very much like to give that person a first hand account of the West Wind Situation.

I will post a longer more descriptive account in the BS section onc emy account is truly activated.

About Myself:
    I am a martial artist, though I hav eno teacher. I practice a style of my own invention (which really isn't that good, but it keeps me in shape) called The Elegant Dragon. It combines elements of dancing with swift striking moves. I am interested in learning Jeet Kune Do and Iaijitsu (would be nice to find a Niten Ichiryu style school somewhere), but so far every bay area dojo I have tried has turned out to be a fraud.

I like anime, Dungeons and Dragons, Final Fantasy, singing, telling jokes, and programming. I drink socially, don't smoke, and don't do drugs of any kind.
    Currently single and looking.
    6'6" in height, approximately 200 pounds, brown hair, brown eyes.

Ah yes and of course I would like to one day own my very own folded katana made in the ancient style.

I hope I can offer useful insight and I hope I gain some myself from this forum,a nd I hope we all get along fine :)

Style
    the beeg
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Come to a Throwdown near you.
    Locu5
    combat sports hobbyist

Style
    Not.....working
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Teell us more about your personnal training and this style of yours please.I to like to mix things up.We should exchange notes.
    Last edited by CanucKyokushin; 4/02/2006 11:40am at .

Style
    BJJ, wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *reads newbs post again, rubs hands together vigorously*

Newbietown is the best sub-forum ever!

Edit: Welcome to Bullshido aarondirebear
    Last edited by jnp; 4/02/2006 11:36am at .
    Shut the hell up and train.

Style
    Elegant Dragon
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well the way of the Elegand Dragon emphasizes finishing fights very fast and with grace. I have a problem where if I move fast for too long (such as running) I become out of breath. And for me, too long is a rather short distance or time. Therefore my style is based on swiftly subduing opponents (its all theory, ive never tried any of these and im not sure if its even effective).

The strikes are all chops and top of the foot kicks string into sance style moves. The idea is to use one's body like a series of whips, striking and returning. (The polar opposite of what West wind taught me: Stickiing my kicks and locking my punches).

I'll have to show a picture of my Viper Strike, which I made up (though its possible that some other martial artist came up with it before me, and I simply discovered it independent of him, for great minds think alike), because its a bit hard to describe. It seems like it might be disorienting, but again its theoretical.

Another one i have is called Stunlock, where I strike my foe with a series of rapid inward strikes keeping him "locked" in my blows. Theoretical.

Style
    the beeg
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I declare shennanigans!
    Locu5
    combat sports hobbyist

Style
    JJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought there was no trolling in newbietown. This is great stuff. I wana learn, do you have a online Dragon rpogram for fat old men who have no stamina but wanna beat up 21 yr olds? Whip kicking and stunlocking, I guess poplocking is in the advanced version.

Do you have a website up yet?

:zicon_ele

Style
    the beeg
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Only Omega is allowed to troll Newbiwtown, and that is just because he is so old.
    Locu5
    combat sports hobbyist

Style
    Yang style Tai Chi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh behalf of my fellow n00b, I request that you withhold your declaration of shenannigans.

He seems open minded and willing to learn. Perhaps we can save the lad.

Oh and um, Welcome to Bullshido, aarondirebear.

Just a couple of suggestions:

A) condition. Important for all of us. Run or swim. A lot.

B) Train force-on-force with a resisting partner.

Keep the faith, young blood.

Style
    Kakutogi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by aarondirebear
    Good day, I am aarondirebear.

I liv ein the San Francisco Bay area, formerly Alameda and currently Newark.

I found Bulllshido.net while searching google for information about my former school of martial arts: West Wind Bok Fu of Alameda.

I noticed a person called Beka posts about the subject a lot, I would very much like to give that person a first hand account of the West Wind Situation.

I will post a longer more descriptive account in the BS section onc emy account is truly activated.

About Myself:
    I am a martial artist, though I hav eno teacher. I practice a style of my own invention (which really isn't that good, but it keeps me in shape) called The Elegant Dragon. It combines elements of dancing with swift striking moves. I am interested in learning Jeet Kune Do and Iaijitsu (would be nice to find a Niten Ichiryu style school somewhere), but so far every bay area dojo I have tried has turned out to be a fraud.

I like anime, Dungeons and Dragons, Final Fantasy, singing, telling jokes, and programming. I drink socially, don't smoke, and don't do drugs of any kind.
    Currently single and looking.
    6'6" in height, approximately 200 pounds, brown hair, brown eyes.

Ah yes and of course I would like to one day own my very own folded katana made in the ancient style.

I hope I can offer useful insight and I hope I gain some myself from this forum,a nd I hope we all get along fine :)

Welcome to Bullshido.

We appreciate your input on West Winds however I must warn you. Self made styles tend to be CRAP and from the sounds of yours its heading that way. I don't mean this as a put down but come form decades of experience it would be best to get alot more creditable training under your belt. What you will end up doing is developing habits (some good but mostly bad) that will be ingrained and it will be hard to reverse the damage once thats done.

Also I don't know the big deal on geting a folde katana. I have several, some old some new. if all you are going to do it look at it then don't waste the money if you are actually going to do tameshiwari, then don't waste the money. Basicly you can get by with a Pual chen Practical Plus for training.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh